Zo is a class act. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zo is a class act.

Kdawg954 said:
The Heat were already in the sweepstakes for Wade . . remember Zo didn't sign with New Jersey until after the 02/03 season (he was out the whole 02-o3 season, and his contract expired after). WAde was in the 2003 draft, So the Heat would have had Wade on that team. All I'm saying is, if he resigns for less with Miami, they could have still brought in Odom, and they would have possibly done big things that year (which I mean they did amazing things regardless). I mean it don't matter now, I like Zo, I'm not trying to knock him, I was just pointing out that in his previous tenure with Miami, he had the oppurtunity to stay and he chose not to. Loyality is guys like Zack and JT, who keep playing for less to stay with the Dolphins, knowing they could make considerably more with another team. That would be a better example of "team loyality and fan loyality" IMO.
I see what you're saying. The thing is, we wouldn't of been able to sign Lamar Odom. If we gave Zo a "reasonable" deal, then signing Odom would've taken us into the luxury tax hole. Pat Riley is a guy who is 110% against luxury tax, so it wouldn't of happened. Pat Riley saw a free agent crop which included Elton Brand, Lamar Odom, Andre Miller, Brad Miller, & others, and he opted for those guys. More than likely, he and Zo had a conversation about the future that nobody knows about, and I'm sure it went down because Pat & Zo are class acts and have tremendous respect for each other. I think Alonzo Mourning and the Miami Heat were both going into different directions - for Zo, he was desperate for the opportunity of getting a ring. For Miami, we were desperate for a younger team. It all worked out for the better though; I mean, how fitting is it that the Nets flunked and Zo came back here to get his ring, and potentially a second this season. :wink:

Kdawg954 said:
LMAO @ Anthony Carter tho, wth was he thinking. I still remember that day on Sportscenter, they were dogging him out bad.
:lol:

Anthony Carter is our true MVP. Without that idiot & his agent doing what they did, we would've never been able to sign Lamar Odom. Without being able to sign Lamar Odom, we would've never traded for Shaquille O'Neal. Amazing when you think about it........

305TillIDie said:
his wife told him "Retire in a Heat jersey..becuase I dont want to move nomore"

thats a big reason why he stayed in Miami..Zo listened to the Wifey :lol:
f that... thats not the reason its because he loves miami and all their fans. Why would he want to leave miami?

Back
Top Bottom