Zo to have his Jersey Retired | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zo to have his Jersey Retired

GOOD player and his prime was over w/ by the time he had his kidney ailment so he had plenty of time to actually lead his team to Championships especially after Jordan retired. he couldn't do it then he demanded a trade from Miami so he could go to a winner then stole money from the Nets and Raptors before piggy backing on Shaq and wade to win a title. The Nets especially took a huge gamble on him and he paid them back by taking their money and stabbing them in the back.

WOW! Shows how little Jets fans know about sports. Alonzo was a great player who was stopped in his prime because of a kidney ailment. He won back to back DPOY awards prior to being diagnosed (a.k.a. when you said he was past his prime :rolleyes2:), and would have likely won it several more times had he stayed healthy. He never lead his team to a championship when he was in his prime, but he was a big part of one in 2006. As far as the whole Nets/Toronto situation goes, wouldn't you wanna be playing for a contender if you were running on one kidney and knew your NBA clock was ticking? When he left here in '02, I understood completely and so did most Heat fans.

WOW! Shows how little Jets fans know about sports. Alonzo was a great player who was stopped in his prime because of a kidney ailment. He won back to back DPOY awards prior to being diagnosed (a.k.a. when you said he was past his prime :rolleyes2:), and would have likely won it several more times had he stayed healthy. He never lead his team to a championship when he was in his prime, but he was a big part of one in 2006. As far as the whole Nets/Toronto situation goes, wouldn't you wanna be playing for a contender if you were running on one kidney and knew your NBA clock was ticking? When he left here in '02, I understood completely and so did most Heat fans.

Yes it shows how little Jet fans know about sports:lol: I hope you aren't the dolphin fan example of knowing about sports b/c if so you drag down the entire fan base.

Great players are players that are lock HOFers, Alonzo is not. Alonzo was a decent #s guy but never great. Great players can put their teams on their back and win when it matters. Alonzo NEVER did that- not in college, not in the pros. He was already 32 turning 33 in the season he missed, his prime was over. Still a GOOD player but his best days were behind him. After averageing almost 22 and 10 in '99-00 his next 2 seasons he averaged 14 & 8 and 16 & 8 before he had to miss '02-'03.

Yep he was part of a big one in 2006, one they would have won w/ or w/o him. He rode Shaq and Wade's coattails to a title. Wow! That's impressive!

It's not about wanting to play for a contender, he also wanted to get paid. That's ok but live up to your contract. The Nets took a HUGE gamble w/ him and they got burned and what does he do? Demands a trade then refuses to play for Toronto when he is traded. He is one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. He was never a great player, he was a really good defensive player but in his career only made the All-D team TWICE and only made any All-NBA team twice. Good player, never great, very overrated.

By the way, he played 2 MORE seasons after his back to back DPOY awards(the only awards he won in his career). He was a declining player and one of those DPOY award seasons was the lockout shortened season where the great 'Zo led his team to a #1 seed in the reg season only to lose in the 1st rd to the 8th seeded Knicks.

UYes it shows how little Jet fans know about sports:lol: I hope you aren't the dolphin fan example of knowing about sports b/c if so you drag down the entire fan base.

Great players are players that are lock HOFers, Alonzo is not. Alonzo was a decent #s guy but never great. Great players can put their teams on their back and win when it matters. Alonzo NEVER did that- not in college, not in the pros. He was already 32 turning 33 in the season he missed, his prime was over. Still a GOOD player but his best days were behind him. After averageing almost 22 and 10 in '99-00 his next 2 seasons he averaged 14 & 8 and 16 & 8 before he had to miss '02-'03.

Yep he was part of a big one in 2006, one they would have won w/ or w/o him. He rode Shaq and Wade's coattails to a title. Wow! That's impressive!

It's not about wanting to play for a contender, he also wanted to get paid. That's ok but live up to your contract. The Nets took a HUGE gamble w/ him and they got burned and what does he do? Demands a trade then refuses to play for Toronto when he is traded. He is one of the most overrated players in the history of the game. He was never a great player, he was a really good defensive player but in his career only made the All-D team TWICE and only made any All-NBA team twice. Good player, never great, very overrated.

By the way, he played 2 MORE seasons after his back to back DPOY awards(the only awards he won in his career). He was a declining player and one of those DPOY award seasons was the lockout shortened season where the great 'Zo led his team to a #1 seed in the reg season only to lose in the 1st rd to the 8th seeded Knicks.

You sound more and more clueless with every one of your posts. Alonzo was diagnosed after the '99-00 season after winning his second consecutive DPOY award and averaging 21 ppg. When he came back, the medication he was taking caused him to have less stamina hence why his numbers weren't that good.

You sound more and more clueless with every one of your posts. Alonzo was diagnosed after the '99-00 season after winning his second consecutive DPOY award and averaging 21 ppg. When he came back, the medication he was taking caused him to have less stamina hence why his numbers weren't that good.

So he was healthy enough to be w/ the Olympic team the summer before he missed that season but not healthy enough to play well the 2 previous seasons?

His #s were NEVER great, the man won 2 awards in his career(one during the lockout season), he was all NBA 1st time once and made just 2 all-NBA teams. he was a GOOD player, NEVER great and always a choker.

So he was healthy enough to be w/ the Olympic team the summer before he missed that season but not healthy enough to play well the 2 previous seasons?

His #s were NEVER great, the man won 2 awards in his career(one during the lockout season), he was all NBA 1st time once and made just 2 all-NBA teams. he was a GOOD player, NEVER great and always a choker.

He was diagnosed after the 2000 Olympics. He came back late in the 2000-2001 season, played the whole 2001-2002 season (limited in stamina because of the medication), missed the whole 2002-2003 season, signed with the Nets in 2003-2004, and had his transplant that same year. Any moron with at least half a brain ( I guess Jets fans don't qualify) will tell you that Zo's career #s would have been a lot better if his illness didn't slow him down in his prime (age 30). When he came back from his transplant, he was still a badass blocking shots left and right even though his minutes had to be limited. Also, if you don't think he was a big part of the 2006 championship, you obviously didn't watch the Heat that year and you're probably just bitter cuz he got a ring while your beloved Ewing (you wanna talk about overrated players? There you go...) didn't get one.

He was diagnosed after the 2000 Olympics. He came back late in the 2000-2001 season, played the whole 2001-2002 season (limited in stamina because of the medication), missed the whole 2002-2003 season, signed with the Nets in 2003-2004, and had his transplant that same year. Any moron with at least half a brain ( I guess Jets fans don't qualify) will tell you that Zo's career #s would have been a lot better if his illness didn't slow him down in his prime (age 30). When he came back from his transplant, he was still a badass blocking shots left and right even though his minutes had to be limited. Also, if you don't think he was a big part of the 2006 championship, you obviously didn't watch the Heat that year and you're probably just bitter cuz he got a ring while your beloved Ewing (you wanna talk about overrated players? There you go...) didn't get one.

Is it possible to discuss topics w/o acting like a 12 year old child?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/09/12/mourning_out_ap/

"My beloved Ewing"? ewing was overrated as well but he was a million times better than Alonzo Mourning. Ewing at least led his team to a Finals appearance, something 'Zo never did.

Is it possible to discuss topics w/o acting like a 12 year old child?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/news/2002/09/12/mourning_out_ap/

"My beloved Ewing"? ewing was overrated as well but he was a million times better than Alonzo Mourning. Ewing at least led his team to a Finals appearance, something 'Zo never did.

And? Did he win? Ewing made it to the Finals in '94 when Jordan was out of the league. Zo made it to the conference finals in '97 but ran into Jordan. Btw, what was the point of posting that article? It talks about everything I just told you.

And? Did he win? Ewing made it to the Finals in '94 when Jordan was out of the league. Zo made it to the conference finals in '97 but ran into Jordan. Btw, what was the point of posting that article? It talks about everything I just told you.

I'm not a Knick fan, I'm not a Ewing fan.

Why did Zo make it to the Conf Finals in 1997? B/c half the Knick team was suspended and that was the only Conf Finals app of his career.

In Zo's 10 year as a "top player" for Charlotte and Miami:

-Reached playoffs 8 times
-lost in first round 5 times
-conf semis twice
-1 conf finals*

Add that to all of his individual awards:lol2:

I'm not a Knick fan, I'm not a Ewing fan.

Why did Zo make it to the Conf Finals in 1997? B/c half the Knick team was suspended and that was the only Conf Finals app of his career.

In Zo's 10 year as a "top player" for Charlotte and Miami:

-Reached playoffs 8 times
-lost in first round 5 times
-conf semis twice
-1 conf finals*

Add that to all of his individual awards:lol2:

Yada, yada, yada... Just another hater. You know you're a Knicks fan. Don't go hiding in the closet just cuz they've sucked for what seemed like 50,000 years.

Yada, yada, yada... Just another hater. You know you're a Knicks fan. Don't go hiding in the closet just cuz they've sucked for what seemed like 50,000 years.

Why wouldn't I admit it? The Knicks are clearly a team on the rise but I'm not a Knick fan. Is a heat fan really talking trash about the Knicks? As if you have ever done anything besides that 1 fluky title in 2006 where they treated Wade better than they ever treated Michael Jordan?

Why wouldn't I admit it? The Knicks are clearly a team on the rise but I'm not a Knick fan. Is a heat fan really talking trash about the Knicks? As if you have ever done anything besides that 1 fluky title in 2006 where they treated Wade better than they ever treated Michael Jordan?

:lol: You know you'd take that "fluky" title if you could, Mr. Closet Knicks fan.

:lol: You know you'd take that "fluky" title if you could, Mr. Closet Knicks fan.

Yep you got me. I am a Knick fan in hiding waiting for them to sign Lebron and win titles again:rolleyes2: You are very perceptive:crazy:

Back
Top Bottom