Zo | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zo

I have no problem with Zo not wanting to play for the Nets or Raps, none at all. But when he rolls out the line "I just wanna win, baby" he gets on my last nerve. He was offered TWICE, by two seperate clubs to have his contract terminated. If he wanted to go to a contender then he could have signed oiff, but no, he wanted to GET PAID.

I also don't have a problem with people who want to earn the money on their contracts. But don't spout out crap and hold out for more money, then turn around and pretend it is for the love of the game.

In the comunity he is a gem, no questions asked. As a professional athlete, he is a two face money whore.

Bodzilla29 said:
I have no problem with Zo not wanting to play for the Nets or Raps, none at all. But when he rolls out the line "I just wanna win, baby" he gets on my last nerve. He was offered TWICE, by two seperate clubs to have his contract terminated. If he wanted to go to a contender then he could have signed oiff, but no, he wanted to GET PAID.

I also don't have a problem with people who want to earn the money on their contracts. But don't spout out crap and hold out for more money, then turn around and pretend it is for the love of the game.

In the comunity he is a gem, no questions asked. As a professional athlete, he is a two face money whore.

I can see what youre saying but when you have a guaranteed contract thats worth 10's of millions and a team wants to get rid of you they have to buy u out. Zo was full of it with the "i just want to win" stuff I agree but I dont blame him for not just tearing his deal up, thats a ton of cash to just chuck down the toliet to try and win a title.
Look at SBradley, he's retiring but negotiating a buyout, he's not going to throw the money away, its guaranteed. SBradley retiring is funny, I didnt know he ever played. Remember how he was supposed to 'revolutionize' the center position? lol

nyjunc said:
He wasn;'t exactly lightining it up against Det so should he have been in there late in Game 7?

Did you see the series? ZO was a defensive force in the Pistons series.....

Hell....he had more block shots in the series than Little Ben.

ZO= 21 Blocks in the series.

Little Ben= 11 Blocks in the series.

Want to rethink your statement there nyjunc? :rofl3:

Zo, I'm on the Magic's bandwagon, and we'd LOVE to take you.

Hell, you would START. Plus you would have a young phenom right beside you in the paint to take the pressure off.

Section126 said:
Did you see the series? ZO was a defensive force in the Pistons series.....

Hell....he had more block shots in the series than Little Ben.

ZO= 21 Blocks in the series.

Little Ben= 11 Blocks in the series.

Want to rethink your statement there nyjunc? :rofl3:

The difference is Zo was doing it in garbage time. In meaningful moments, for the most part, he was nowhere to be found which is how he has been his whole career- a giant of a man shrinks to the size of a 3 yr old under pressure.

Bodzilla29 said:

I see your point, but he is not different than most PRO athletes in that department.

The NBA currently has a very weird labor contract right now.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Zo, I'm on the Magic's bandwagon, and we'd LOVE to take you.

Hell, you would START. Plus you would have a young phenom right beside you in the paint to take the pressure off.

I think the Magic have learned thier lesson about signing high risk players.

nyjunc said:
The difference is Zo was doing it in garbage time. In meaningful moments, for the most part, he was nowhere to be found which is how he has been his whole career- a giant of a man shrinks to the size of a 3 yr old under pressure.

That's simply not true.

Heck, I was watching the 4th quarter of Game 2 last night (the only portion of the series I managed to record). Very close game. And Zo had two blocks in the final five minutes alone. One on Ben Wallace. One on Rip Hamilton. And he made both crucial free throws with about 2 minutes left. Then he took a charge from Wallace when Wade had the ball.

Zo's offense (namely his hands of stone) aren't reliable anymore. But Zo plays great D regardless of when he's in there.

OT: I'd be curious to know how many of those 21 blocks came against Ben Wallace. Seemed like a bunch.

nyjunc said:

This was a pretty bad effort nyjunc....

I'll add to what Muck said...In game 3...The Pistons had a 5 point lead early in the 4th.....ZO had two blocks in a row and then hit a jump hook that got the ball rolling for the Heat....

ZO was a force and played the biggest in these playoffs when it mattered most.

Don't let your hate of ZO blind you completely...okay?

Section126 said:
This was a pretty bad effort nyjunc....

I'll add to what Muck said...In game 3...The Pistons had a 5 point lead early in the 4th.....ZO had two blocks in a row and then hit a jump hook that got the ball rolling for the Heat....

ZO was a force and played the biggest in these playoffs when it mattered most.

Don't let your hate of ZO blind you completely...okay?

-4 pts, 3 rebs and 2 blocks in 21 mins in game 1 is good?

-6 pts, 2 rebs and 4 blocks in 22 mins is game 2 is good?

-4 pts, 4 rebs, 1 block in 17 mins in Game 3 is good?

-4 pts, 4 blocks, and 4 rebs in Game 4

-5 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs and 1 of 4 critical FTs in Game 5

-5 blocks is nice in game 6 but it was never a game

-5 pts, 1 block, and 4 boards in Game 7

Yeah he was a superstar :rolleyes: He was that great depth that was going to lead Miami to a 5 game series win over Detroit, right?

His series averages were:

4 pts, under 4 rebs, 3 blocks. Those are stellar bench #s. :lol: he had a good stretch in game 3 and that was it otherwise he was hardly visible in the series.

nyjunc said:
-4 pts, 3 rebs and 2 blocks in 21 mins in game 1 is good?

-6 pts, 2 rebs and 4 blocks in 22 mins is game 2 is good?

-4 pts, 4 rebs, 1 block in 17 mins in Game 3 is good?

-4 pts, 4 blocks, and 4 rebs in Game 4

-5 pts, 5 blocks, 4 rebs and 1 of 4 critical FTs in Game 5

-5 blocks is nice in game 6 but it was never a game

-5 pts, 1 block, and 4 boards in Game 7

Yeah he was a superstar :rolleyes: He was that great depth that was going to lead Miami to a 5 game series win over Detroit, right?

His series averages were:

4 pts, under 4 rebs, 3 blocks. Those are stellar bench #s. :lol: he had a good stretch in game 3 and that was it otherwise he was hardly visible in the series.

ZO= 21 Blocks

Ben= 11 Blocks, Wasn't he Defensive Player of the year?

What part of that don't you understand? His rebound numbers are actually on par with what was happening in the series. Nyjunc...even the biggest Piston Fan on this board acknowledges that ZO was a defensive force in that series.

You are all wet on this one.

Section126 said:

ZO= 21 Blocks

Ben= 11 Blocks, Wasn't he Defensive Player of the year?

What part of that don't you understand? His rebound numbers are actually on par with what was happening in the series. Nyjunc...even the biggest Piston Fan on this board acknowledges that ZO was a defensive force in that series.

You are all wet on this one.

Ben is the main guy down low and had to guard Shaq, 'Zo gace Shaq weakside help and was free while guarding Ben Wallace- Big difference, I didn't see him guarding Rasheed.

ohall said:
I see your point, but he is not different than most PRO athletes in that department.

The NBA currently has a very weird labor contract right now.

I feel the same way about others in his "situation." If he would just be honest I couldn't care less about him. But people seem to look at his kidneys and give him a free ride in the media, which is BS in my opinion.

nyjunc said:
Ben is the main guy down low and had to guard Shaq, 'Zo gace Shaq weakside help and was free while guarding Ben Wallace- Big difference, I didn't see him guarding Rasheed.

When he played with Shaq at the same time he guarded Sheed......

When Shaq sat.....they tried to have ZO in there as much as possible to be the defensive force he was.....ZO changed a ton of shots in the series....

Zo played very little minutes with Shaq in the series.....it was a good offensive lineup but it struggled at times especially on defense with McDyese in the game...

Overall for the series....the SHAQ/ZO tandem ended up +7 points...but it didn't give the effect that SVG wanted (Board domination, Detroit Bigs foul trouble)...

I actually liked it better when ZO just came in for Shaq when he sat....

Back
Top Bottom