ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!!

Character. Someone who refers to themselves in the 3rd person has some serious issues. And with one of his first interviews w/ a local MIA paper he did just that. Throw in the fact his brother and his underachieving in SF. Well the tea leaves aren't look good.
Also MIA's night life is great. Alot of clubs and women. Also alot of trouble. Put a young kid with the issues he's displayed at Illinois and give him millions of dollars. Problems.
Do I hope he turns out to be a Surtain or Madison. Hell yes.

But like BIGGIE said, "Mo Money, Mo Problems!"

Yes but seriously he's no Paman Jones VDavis wont hve the oppurtuity o do that i mean are Coach and GM and VP have a low tolerance for ******* people
&
didnt TO stop being a ******* when he went to dallas until Parcells left...so dont be so worried about Charecter issues..
&
it isnt Vernons fault he wasnt used to the best of his ability...SF has sucked once he gets a QB he will be a superd TE

Last edited by a moderator:
So what makes your 2 cents worth more in common sense? What makes you think Parcells and company are going to be 100% on this draft? Going over past drafts from Parcells, he hasn't hit on all his picks. So whose common sense should I pay attention to? History that says less than half of his 2nd rounders pan out or that he's god in MIA now, and we should all sit down and shut up?
And next year, when MIA has no pass rush again, I hope you grace us here with your 2 cents.

And niether has any other coach or gm in NFL history....fact is that no matter who you draft and where there's a 50% chance he will succeed and a 50% chance he will be a bust. Our best rookie last year,well right up there with Jake Long was an undrafted free agent so what does that tell you? All of these kids have talent whether they are taken in the 1st or second because they could run a 4.3 forty in shorts or undrafted because they ran a slow forty or a slow cone drill etc. The whole draft stock thing is bogus anyways. There are players every year that lose and gain stock in the combine and turn out to be bust or superstars but are drafted higher or lower based on things that they don't even do in agame.

I will continue to trust the decisions of the FO. I know they more about football than i could hope to learn in a couple of lifetimes.

Character. Someone who refers to themselves in the 3rd person has some serious issues. And with one of his first interviews w/ a local MIA paper he did just that. Throw in the fact his brother and his underachieving in SF. Well the tea leaves aren't look good.
Also MIA's night life is great. Alot of clubs and women. Also alot of trouble. Put a young kid with the issues he's displayed at Illinois and give him millions of dollars. Problems.
Do I hope he turns out to be a Surtain or Madison. Hell yes.

But like BIGGIE said, "Mo Money, Mo Problems!"

So your advice is don't draft a guy b/c he might like clubs, women and nightlife?

So what makes your 2 cents worth more in common sense? What makes you think Parcells and company are going to be 100% on this draft? Going over past drafts from Parcells, he hasn't hit on all his picks. So whose common sense should I pay attention to? History that says less than half of his 2nd rounders pan out or that he's god in MIA now, and we should all sit down and shut up?
And next year, when MIA has no pass rush again, I hope you grace us here with your 2 cents.

SkapeFin did not suggest Parcells would hit 100% on his draft. In fact, Parcells himself knows he will not hit 100% on the draft. All the coaches and GM's know this. That is why they play the odds.

In this case, that is why they draft multiple players at the same position; to improve their chances of success! It is just this type of approach to the draft that makes it more common sense than not. No one said that the Trifecta are drafting [gods], but their track record suggests they are pretty good at approaching the draft and evaluating talent.

They will be the first to admit the drafts don't go their way. They are not going to go anyone's way, ideally. But I think, and I think they think, that the key to success (and hence to reference to common sense) is to optimize what selections are available to your team, and if the value is not there for what you want/need, then punt the pick (trade it), if possible. We saw New England and Cleveland do that multiple times. Heck NE ended up with three 2nd round picks in next years draft for cryin' out loud.

And BTW,next years draft hs a number of good NT prospects coming out. Take a good look when you have some time. Out.

Back
Top Bottom