ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZOMG WE DIDN't ADRESS NEEDS!?1111ONE1!!ELEVEN!?@!!

How is calling White at 44 a reach? They say he's gonna be QB. Are you sitting here telling me this past year White was the 4th best QB in the nation? Again, if he pans out great. But you put the label on those who don't agree with you, does nothing but fuel the fire you wish to get rid of.

If anything watching J. Freeman for 3 years here in my city. Thought he was a reach when he was taken. Does he have upside? Yep. More upside than White? Hell yes. But he's raw, tell me how the 4th best qb taken in the draft isn't raw. Especially since Ireland has come out and already said White will be playing QB.

So with that reasoning...how am I being illogical?

How can he be reach for the Dolphins if he was the next highest rated guy on their board after Brace and Butler, and with knowledge that he wouldn't last to their next 2nd round pick because the Patriots (Who had already taken their other 2 targets) would likely take him?

Was there a consensus 4th highest rated QB in this draft? No, there was not. And most analysts did have White 4th. In fact, I heard much talk that Pat White outplayed both Sanchez and Freeman at the combine... Add in the fact that he is a dynamic player who can add a great new wrinkle to the successful wildcat formation, and you have a player that went just about where he should have gone.

So they reached by 15 picks on some proverbial board? WHO CARES!? They got the player they wanted, and it is FACT that he likely wouldn't have been there at their next pick.

Let's say NE gets Pat White and he ravages our team for the next 6 years with Wildcat-like stuff, how pissed off would you be knowing we could have had White a couple picks before, but instead allowed him to slide to the Pats so they could be killing us with not two, but THREE players we wanted in the draft.

How can he be reach for the Dolphins if he was the next highest rated guy on their board after Brace and Butler, and with knowledge that he wouldn't last to their next 2nd round pick because the Patriots (Who had already taken their other 2 targets) would likely take him?

Was there a consensus 4th highest rated QB in this draft? No, there was not. And most analysts did have White 4th. In fact, I heard much talk that Pat White outplayed both Sanchez and Freeman at the combine... Add in the fact that he is a dynamic player who can add a great new wrinkle to the successful wildcat formation, and you have a player that went just about where he should have gone.

So they reached by 15 picks on some proverbial board? WHO CARES!? They got the player they wanted, and it is FACT that he likely wouldn't have been there at their next pick.

Let's say NE gets Pat White and he ravages our team for the next 6 years with Wildcat-like stuff, how pissed off would you be knowing we could have had White a couple picks before, but instead allowed him to slide to the Pats so they could be killing us with not two, but THREE players we wanted in the draft.

About as mad as I will be watching Brace do what Wilfork does to us for the next 4-5 yrs.

NE did take this type of QB before. His name was M. Bishop. Who was a better qb and skill set than that of P. White.

About as mad as I will be watching Brace do what Wilfork does to us for the next 4-5 yrs.

NE did take this type of QB before. His name was M. Bishop. Who was a better qb and skill set than that of P. White.

But we COULDNT get Brace. He unfortunately didn't fall to us, Pat White did. So your main gripe is that we didn't take Brace at 25?? So you wouldn't be bitching then with everyone calling HIM a reach at 25? Since, indeed, Ron Brace WOULD have been considered a reach at 25, but I for one, would have been perfectly happy with it, since we needed him and the staff thought he would be a good/great NT.

But we COULDNT get Brace. He unfortunately didn't fall to us, Pat White did. So your main gripe is that we didn't take Brace at 25?? So you wouldn't be bitching then with everyone calling HIM a reach at 25? Since, indeed, Ron Brace WOULD have been considered a reach at 25, but I for one, would have been perfectly happy with it, since we needed him and the staff thought he would be a good/great NT.

Your the one who said who cares if you reach 12 or w/e spots. I on the other hand have already said, trade down. NE CLE and others had no problems doing such a thing. How many times did CLE trade down and out of the first round?

Your the one who said who cares if you reach 12 or w/e spots. I on the other hand have already said, trade down. NE CLE and others had no problems doing such a thing. How many times did CLE trade down and out of the first round?

And you know for a fact that they had offers on the table to trade down and didn't? You and I both are as clueless as anyone else in regard to what trade discussions were bandied about in the war room.

And again, they WANTED Pat White. If they traded down, they pretty likely would have lost the opportunity to take him.

Sigh i've already read this same rant in about a dozen other threads.

Point being those who have thier doubts, will still have thier doubts until proven otherwise, or confirmed, then the "I told you so threads" will roll.

I would hope that even as the disagreements about the draft, and other personel discisions continue, that we as DOLFANS can at least hope that everything works out for the best (superbowl) and we can find a way to support our team, players, and yes even our fellow fans that we often disagree with, with respect and decency.

And you know for a fact that they had offers on the table to trade down and didn't? You and I both are as clueless as anyone else in regard to what trade discussions were bandied about in the war room.

And again, they WANTED Pat White. If they traded down, they pretty likely would have lost the opportunity to take him.
As I've read elsewhere today, some people have mentioned that the pats were pretty high on pat white and it was doubtful he would've been there for our 3rd pick. So while I admittedly disagreed with where we selected him, assuming that we took him to prevent another team from snatching him, I have to admit I feel better about the pick. Also watching highlight films of this kid, you can't help but think he'll give us some nice plays.

Actually the only time I get heated, upset or angry on these boards. Is when those that don't join the chattering class are called whiners, illogical or add the necessary adjective here.
Other wise, I post my point of view and go about my work day. Waiting for TC to start and the Reg Season to get going.

Also, I believe from MIA 2b pick on. It was quite productive. The first 2 picks are really the only thing I had a disagreement with in this draft.

Actually the only time I get heated, upset or angry on these boards. Is when those that don't join the chattering class are called whiners, illogical or add the necessary adjective here.
Other wise, I post my point of view and go about my work day. Waiting for TC to start and the Reg Season to get going.

Also, I believe from MIA 2b pick on. It was quite productive. The first 2 picks are really the only thing I had a disagreement with in this draft.
You and me both. I'm this close to censoring the word "hater." Seriously.

HATER was censored last summer. I remember when all the Ginn-less-than-lovers were going crazy!

how do you disagree with Vontae Davis? Once I started to realize he was gonna fall.. I got excited. This guy has game. He could've gone top 15 and was easily the 2nd best corner in this draft, maybe even the best, and definitely the most physically gifted. So what is it you don't like about getting a physical specimen at pick 25?

how do you disagree with Vontae Davis? Once I started to realize he was gonna fall.. I got excited. This guy has game. He could've gone top 15 and was easily the 2nd best corner in this draft, maybe even the best, and definitely the most physically gifted. So what is it you don't like about getting a physical specimen at pick 25?

Character. Someone who refers to themselves in the 3rd person has some serious issues. And with one of his first interviews w/ a local MIA paper he did just that. Throw in the fact his brother and his underachieving in SF. Well the tea leaves aren't look good.
Also MIA's night life is great. Alot of clubs and women. Also alot of trouble. Put a young kid with the issues he's displayed at Illinois and give him millions of dollars. Problems.
Do I hope he turns out to be a Surtain or Madison. Hell yes.

But like BIGGIE said, "Mo Money, Mo Problems!"

I feel ya man, theres questions with almost every draft prospect, usually about what they can do on the field, but if he can stay out of trouble I think he's going to be pretty good. I also think a no nonsense coach like TS and BP will help keep him in line.

How is this NOT building through the draft? If you didn't notice, we had NOTHING in the secondary before this draft... Now we have TWO great prospects. How is that not building through the draft? If these guys become good/great CBs in this league, and help us shut down TO and Moss, this draft was a success PERIOD.

Additionally, we needed WRs, so we GOT some WRs. The odds of one of them panning out is better than the odds of just one of them panning out. We will see if this gamble paid off for them.

In any case, almighty armchair GM, please show me a draft (given who was available at each position) that you actually would have been pleased with? I don't even think you can put one together that you would like. This draft was admittedly weak from the get-go. Unfortunately, most of the better players fitting our needs in the 2nd round were already taken by the time we picked.

This is the eptiome of building through the draft. We were in desperate need of CBs--we got two of the top CBs available. We needed WRs, we got two big guys who are going to compete. We are going to be needing a back up QB next year...we got one that will actually get some PT this year. We also have a developmental project (and one who I think will be a good player in this league) in the OT we took from GT. We got a TE that I think is going to make this team on STs this year and next year will probably get some chances in the offense. You can say what you want, but you can't say we aren't attempting to build through the draft.

Juxtapose what we did with the Jets. The Jets draft netted one player. They drafted three and gave away two players in a trade. If for some reason, Sanchez doesn't work out, this draft could doom the Jets for 5 years. As it is, for them to be competitive, they are going to have to be big spenders in FA (as they were this year with Scott and trading for the CB from Philly). Depth becomes perilous and the cap hits become prohibitive. Teams that don't get enough players through the draft (NYJ, NO, TB, Wash) will start to compete in "windows"...They have two years to stay together before the cap explodes, that kind of thing.

As opposed to teams like Philly, NE, Indy, Pitt,and hopefully now Miami, are competitive year after year. You can lose a Joey Porter because you have a Cameron Wake. You can lose a Chad Pennington because you have a CH and PW. You can lose a Fasano because you have guys that you drafted that fit your offense. You can lose older (more expensive) FAs because you drafted smart. You didn't wait until you needed the position and were exploited by your opponents on the field. You planned for it. You were proactive.

Our past two drafts have been drafts that will affect this team for years to come. I have no doubts about it.

Back
Top Bottom