Zona Looking At Matt Moore? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zona Looking At Matt Moore?

Hey Zona, we arn't greedy, just give us Fitz and be done with it. We will send you Moore with a big bow on him Fed Ex next day air.

I wouldn't trade him for anything less than a 5th, and I would immediately pul the trigger on anything over a 4th.

Here's my take. If we're really serious about making an appearance in the playoffs, let's skip going for the draft picks. Get quality players and let's go plug some holes. Or work on depth..

I would absolutely trade off Matt Moore. I think the theory that it would send a bad message to the locker room is not a sound theory, because Moore is a backup. He lost his battle to win the job, and the team all believe in Ryan Tannehill now since he's performed so well. I might agree with the theory if Tannehill had not won over his teammates yet, if there were still some guys holding a candle for Matt Moore, but that's just not the case. It's really not. The players know that this is a business and when you're in the place Matt Moore is in, you're liable to be shipped off. That's just the business. It says absolutely nothing about the team's hopes for the 2012 season to trade Matt Moore off.

I'd do it for whatever price you could get out of Arizona. Then I would call up David Garrard and see how his knee is doing, see if he's willing to pick up a few pay checks for riding the pine. He knows the playbook, he's got chemistry with the players, and he's now healthy. They made sure he was healthy before they cut him.

Ryan Tannehill does not strike me as the type of quarterback that is an injury risk. He gets the ball out quickly, he's mastered the system of protections, checks and calls at the line, he doesn't try and do whacky things with the ball in his hands from a running standpoint, and he's always had a great pocket sense. He's an oak. At the risk of jinxing us I will say that the odds of him getting significantly hurt aren't that high (knock on wood).

I would absolutely trade off Matt Moore. I think the theory that it would send a bad message to the locker room is not a sound theory, because Moore is a backup. He lost his battle to win the job, and the team all believe in Ryan Tannehill now since he's performed so well. I might agree with the theory if Tannehill had not won over his teammates yet, if there were still some guys holding a candle for Matt Moore, but that's just not the case. It's really not. The players know that this is a business and when you're in the place Matt Moore is in, you're liable to be shipped off. That's just the business. It says absolutely nothing about the team's hopes for the 2012 season to trade Matt Moore off.

I'd do it for whatever price you could get out of Arizona. Then I would call up David Garrard and see how his knee is doing, see if he's willing to pick up a few pay checks for riding the pine. He knows the playbook, he's got chemistry with the players, and he's now healthy. They made sure he was healthy before they cut him.

Ryan Tannehill does not strike me as the type of quarterback that is an injury risk. He gets the ball out quickly, he's mastered the system of protections, checks and calls at the line, he doesn't try and do whacky things with the ball in his hands from a running standpoint, and he's always had a great pocket sense. He's an oak. At the risk of jinxing us I will say that the odds of him getting significantly hurt aren't that high (knock on wood).

I agree 100%.

I will third that, we need all the draft picks we can get and salvaging nr. two's who are not going to be starters is ok with me as long as we don't lose quality backups in important positions.

WOW what a great idea. We can revolutionize football as we know it. Since we now have fans who can predict when or if players are going to get injured, we can now trade ALL our backups for draft picks. Just imagine the salary we can save by only keeping 22 players (25 with the kickers and such), but still we will have SUCH an advantage.

Some times the post on this site get so silly I wonder if I am just missing someones sarcasm. :up:

WOW what a great idea. We can revolutionize football as we know it. Since we now have fans who can predict when or if players are going to get injured, we can now trade ALL our backups for draft picks. Just imagine the salary we can save by only keeping 22 players (25 with the kickers and such), but still we will have SUCH an advantage.

Some times the post on this site get so silly I wonder if I am just missing someones sarcasm. :up:

I was just thinking that, as I finished reading your post.

I was thinking the same thing after reading his post too

nickieatmirror-1.jpg

Guys do yourself a favor and just put him on ignore. Ignorance is a plague... WILLFUL ignorance combined with a hostile attitude... that's not a recipe for eloquent recourse.

Back
Top Bottom