zona miami lets get real...sorry wv but i took your cookies... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zona miami lets get real...sorry wv but i took your cookies...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
man what a heartbreaker...i mean as tough as any loss we've had in a damn week...

let's start with the positives...if i hear one more person who doesn't understand the wco and presnap reads and ball out of hand about the qb i'm gonna explode...tannehill is making presnap reads and post snap decisions like a 10 year veteran...i'm not even kidding...this kid is legit...we finally have hit at qb... you're crazy if you think matt moore should start over him...plum damn crazy...the only thing that holds this kid back is his weapons at the skill positions...outside of running back nothing is high end...that said he didn't account for the free blitzer on the crucial qb hit errant throw int or he thought he could get it off before hand but hey that's a learning tool...EMBRACE the qb guys this kid can play...

cam wake yeah i know we took advantage of some scrub tackles but it's about time you got some actual sack production for your play...2nd in the league going into today in pressures and qb hits bout time you reaped the bounty...fellas this guys a top level pure pass rusher and he's playing the run damn well also...

jared odrick is about as stout as they come a 43 end on run downs and yeah when they shift you inside in the nickle that pass rush is showing...people need to get off your back...your miscast on early downs and never gonna win consistently against nfl caliber tackles off the edge but your a core football player on this team...

damn brian hartline way to take advantage of some suspect corners hell you even got pat peterson a few times on some broken plays catches...time i step up and say that while i still don't think you can win enough against quality starting corners you are a key player with this team going forward given the way things are heading...and you run some solid routes...especially selling things on the double move...there's some limitations to your game especially in the rac and red zone but without you we'd be in big trouble on the boundary...

sean smith is making strides people...the development is there...i was ready to give up on him prior but each week i see a guy that is seriously starting to turn the corner...there's still some holes there but not as blatant as before...i have to say...
i keep saying he's playing underneath quick hitter and in breaking routes much better than ever before...

nolan carroll is starting to show starting boundary cb skills...he's much more sound technique and trusting his tools wise...the next step though in his development is to start playing the ball and not just the man...too much he is zeroed in on his coverage repsonsibility and not trusting his tools and technique enough to let him play the man and the ball...i feel pretty confident when i say that in a year or so he'll be ready to man a starting boundary cb...i'm sure glad we didn't give up on him...

reggie bush i'm seeing an awful lot of east and west...the zbs is about picking a hole making one cut and getting north and south...don't revert to old damn form

now let's get down to what is holding this team back...

carp you and your mullet could leave tomorrow and i wouldn't care...you were too comfortable last year and you're too comfortable now...at minimum you need some comp come wed practice...you should have had some in camp...been living off years ago too long now

legedu naanee it's high time we cut you...i'm done with you...tanny makes a perfect read and throw the one damn time you sniff the ball and you do what...put it on the ground without contact...we're better off without you wasting downs...only reason you were open on that play is cause the opposition payed you no mind...cut naanee philbin

anthony armstrong looks like you're in the doghouse off last week...and frankly given those drops and misreads you should be...charles clay they don't trust you already and when you don't catch perfect read seam routes they never will...

i have no idea what the damn free safety is doing on some plays in coverage...he bites on the intermediate seam routes too damn much...have to say i loathe the free safety...chris clemons sucks

daniel thomas dammit all i'm tired of your brain farts...from running right into your blocking showing poor vision as a rb to getting blown up in pass pro by a freaking safety your playing yourself out of things...too bad we don't have a rb with size who can run in short yardage and goalline other than javorskie lane or your ass would be inactive...the only reason you get run over others is they trust you more in pass pro than these backs bush and miller and i get that but when you blow pass pro assignments playing like a 200 lb back instead of a 230 lb one i want you off the field...

dammit all fellas we rescued defeat once again from the jaws of victory tonight...kevin coyle lost some of his aggressiveness up 7 on that final drive and played a soft not to lose defense instead of sticking with what got him there...and against the likes of kevin damn kolb that's inexcusable...

this team should be 3-1 right now....ireland should have given us a real win wr on the outside...hell he should have given us some pro wrs other than bess and hartline...coulda woulda shoulda...

on to another tough road contest in cincy...

Last edited by a moderator:
What I don't understand is why Tannehill isn't calling an audible to a wr screen or flat hot route or something else when Arizona was sending the house against him. On some of those plays every wideout in single coverage because the deep safety had shown blitz along with the linebackers up the A gap. Shouldn't the wideouts recognize this and cut their routes short or come back to the qb. Tanny should have taken the sack in OT and let fields back the cardinals up and make them march 50+ yards instead of 20 or whatever they had after the INT. Rookie mistake for sure. I am a firm believer in what I see from Tannhill but the play calling or audibles should allow him to make such changes in the fact of all out blitzes. It wasn't the first time they sent them. They were doing it often toward the end of the game and the best we could do was move the RB into the A gap to block.

Whataya think of the o-line's performance, specifically Jake Long?

I like your get real thread a lot more than the ones done by other guy. Nice write up!

What I don't understand is why Tannehill isn't calling an audible to a wr screen or flat hot route or something else when Arizona was sending the house against him. On some of those plays every wideout in single coverage because the deep safety had shown blitz along with the linebackers up the A gap. Shouldn't the wideouts recognize this and cut their routes short or come back to the qb. Tanny should have taken the sack in OT and let fields back the cardinals up and make them march 50+ yards instead of 20 or whatever they had after the INT. Rookie mistake for sure. I am a firm believer in what I see from Tannhill but the play calling or audibles should allow him to make such changes in the fact of all out blitzes. It wasn't the first time they sent them. They were doing it often toward the end of the game and the best we could do was move the RB into the A gap to block.

frankly i think that tanny thought he could get the throw off prior to the hit flutter ball but then again he could have not accounted for the free blitzer...no matter what though this kid is seriously showing from a read recognition and setting up his protections stand point well well beyond his years...in 2 years we may well have us by giving him some better weapons to work with a top level franchise qb...this kids upside is TREMENDOUS

rookie qb 4 pro starts 19 starts in college...get the **** out of here...this kids terrific...

Last edited by a moderator:
13 years since marino's last season. 17 Quarterbacks since marino. 3 qb drafted by miami in the 1st round. Destiny.

Whataya think of the o-line's performance, specifically Jake Long?

i think the key to that group is the right tackles play and i think i've seen steady improvement the last 2 weeks there...jonathon martin is making strides...

what would help this team get over the hump possibly even this year if this qb continues this upward trend and i'm not kidding when i say this qb ignore that 1 td and 5 ints this kids playing some very high end ball is a true win boundary wr...i won't stop saying miami with a greg jennings could win the division this year...ireland needs to try and upgrade the boundary wr position at the trade deadline

what would help this team get over the hump possibly even this year if this qb continues this upward trend and i'm not kidding when i say this qb ignore that 1 td and 5 ints this kids playing some very high end ball is a true win boundary wr...i won't stop saying miami with a greg jennings could win the division this year...ireland needs to try and upgrade the boundary wr position at the trade deadline

wont have a lower price on him than he does now....

hurt groin. contract talks stalled.
about as prime for the picking as it gets.

wont have a lower price on him than he does now....

hurt groin. contract talks stalled.
about as prime for the picking as it gets.

greg jennings understands coverages about as well as any wr in the league and he runs the best back shoulder route in the league...tanny would kill people with him...god what a freaking upgrade that would be...

a wr that can run option routes and win against top level corners on the outside...

You gotta stop with that bro. Last week you did a "no bs" thread. Basically, a knock off Get Real. Get Real and get your own thread theme.

You gotta stop with that bro. Last week you did a "no bs" thread. Basically, a knock off Get Real. Get Real and get your own thread theme.

Ya, how dare anyone do a write up about the dolphins with a positive perspective!!!! Worst of all, he didn't even mention Matt Ryan once!!! Shame on him!

Ya, how dare anyone do a write up about the dolphins with a positive perspective!!!! Worst of all, he didn't even mention Matt Ryan once!!! Shame on him!

actually both wv and hooshoops "try to keep it real." and I think they are just razzin each other regardless. all in good fun. :)

actually both wv and hooshoops "try to keep it real." and I think they are just razzin each other regardless. all in good fun. :)

Actually, its to be decided with a gladiator style swordfight with the surrounding ring of fire.

As the overwhelmingly vocal proponent of Matt Ryan, WV will be equipped with the finest sword, and Hoops(taking Longs side no matter what was previously stated) will be handed the finest shield.

In a Tony Sparano twist, whoever scores the most blows to the foot region will win and throw the loser into the ring of fire while the crowd fistpumps.

Good write-up hoops. One point I might add is that our LB'S play has really excelled this year under Coyle, especially Misi. Against Arizona our entire defense really played in sync. I don't say this often, but from an assignment-execution standpoint they reminded me of an Arnsparger defense for the first time in a loooooong time. Our defense dominated with sound play and everyone playing mentally strong.

Back
Top Bottom