Zook beats Wanny | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zook beats Wanny

FinsNYanksFan13

Banned on Points
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
First Coach fired in Florida this year is Ron Zook. Kirk Herbstreit is reporting on ESPNews that he has been fired! I'm not shocked at all. Disgraceful loss this weekend!

It is great that the Florida AD had the balls to fire Zook after a horrible showing. I wish that either Eddie Jones, Wayne Huzienga, or Rick Speilman possessed the courage that Jeremy Foley (UF AD) displayed by firing the entire coaching staff!

I'm not shocked either. They were favored by 24 points this past weekend.

Well maybe Zook can now go back to doing what he does best...starting fights with frat members.

Can Florida do us a second favor by locking up Spurrier for a return engagement, officially ruling him out as a Wanny replacement? Let's hope so...

i wish we would hire foley as team president

I guess I'd better close the poll that I opened up on Saturday after UF's latest disaster. :)

Zook greatest quality was as a recruiter.In fact better than Spurrier who didnt like that part of the job.

But as a coach he was awful.Considering he was a STs coach before becoming HC the Gators lost a lot of games due to ST breakdowns and killer penalties at critical times.He never did get that cleaned up.His play calling was predictable (Sounds familiar?).Recent teams were not at all as exciting as Spurriers teams.

byroan said:
I'm not shocked either. They were favored by 24 points this past weekend.
I really think the straw that broke the camel's back for Zook was his going to that frat house and demeaning those frat guys, insinuating that his football players were godlike or whatever...anyway, the AD was furious over that and all he needed was something like the loss to Mississippi State to do him in.

By the way, Mississippi State is not as bad as their record or their loss to Maine would indicate. Croom will get them up and going by the end of the season. He's giving them the pride and the work ethic to win. It won't take him long. Wasn't he a Holmgren assistant too?

GMP-AGAIN said:
I really think the straw that broke the camel's back for Zook was his going to that frat house and demeaning those frat guys, insinuating that his football players were godlike or whatever...anyway, the AD was furious over that and all he needed was something like the loss to Mississippi State to do him in.
coaches have done alot worse they just didn't like the losing

Back
Top Bottom