ZT and JT...oh nO! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT and JT...oh nO!

The Aqua Crush said:
WELL SAID VL. I feel they are much much more productive playing their normal postions. this shifting JT around sounds good and tricky but really JT will wear one guy down. keep him on the end and let him do what he does best.

Zach needs to be in coverage and stuffing holes like he is a machine at doing . he's not a blitzer and isn't about to become one. he looks poor at it and they should stop doing it

glad someone else is feelin that too

:lol:

You guys are spot on.
I've been wondering for years why they keep sending Zach on blitzes. As good a player he is, this is just one area he can't deliver. Only thing I can come up with is that he can't get that raging bull mentality of going right through someone out of his mind. Instead of using some pass rush techniques he ALWAYS goes right into a blocker head on and of course it knocks him right out of the play.

You'd think the D coaches would notice this on film and either change the blitz schemes he's used in and try to get him freed up or just quit using him on them.

I have no problem with the way they are using JT in the scheme though.
Actually presents many more opportunities for him to make plays IMO.

Vertical Limit said:
I just wish we can use Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor properly.

Jason Taylor is not a linebacker, and Zach Thomas isn't a blitzing type of player.

We need to limit the amount of schemes and just use our players the right way.

Well done, nothing makes me wana scream at the TV like seeing Zach back 30 yards from the LoS in coverage. Hes a run stopper or a SHORT yardage coverage player.

ThaGame17 said:
THIS IS THE DUMBEST POST.... not only does zach have the 13th most tackles in the league so far..... but out of the top 30 players in tackles, he has the most pass deflections with 5... no one else on the list even has 4.... i mean the dude has 26 tackles and ur saying he seems lost???

By the way.... The King of SmackTalk... Joey Porter has 5 TACKLES THIS SEASON.....

ZT= 26..... Joey Porter= 5

Just a little tidbit for anyone else who hates joey porter as much as i do
(talk smack to tj h. before the game... and then record .5 tackles and have tj score 2 td's)BOOM

Don't forget his INT. :evil:

I said it on another post regarding using JT as an OLB. Guy isnt getting any younger so lets use him to his full abilities and not mess with what he does best. Same goes for Zach as well. Crowder has better size so let him blitz if anybody.
Draft and FA next season may all be about LB due to lack of outstanding talent when ZT starts to slow down,DL depending on how Vickerson, Evans, Wright and Roth come along at their respective positions. It could possibly be DB's again depending on how Jason Allen does towards the end of the season and if our CB's stay solid. FA will IMO focus on the OL. We need quicker linemen whose feet arnt stuck in cement. Vital if they want to protect Culpep or Harrington.

ZT & JT are fine, seriously not too old and we should make OL as much a priority in next year's draft as we do LB. We don't need any youth at DL because Rod Wright will be a beast and Evans & Vickerson give us plenty of youth in that area. We need OL and LB, there's where we should be drafting. And honestly we only need one LB to compliment Zach and Channing. We need LOTS of OL talent.

SR 7 said:
I'm glad im not the only one that has noticed this. they also noticed how ZT looks slow and lost this year and a lil bit the same for JT. I am very sad and scared at the same time. Next year our D can take a HUGEEE blow if either one of em goes down one level in there performance especially ZT. Next yaer, i think we shoudl go ALL D in the draft if we dont fill holes in our D via FA. I woudl love a S/DE/OLB in the first round this year but then the next position is left untouched unless the FA takes care of it. I am very worried.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81367

You never thought they would last foreever, did you ? Get used to the idea of neither one being around in the not too distant future. But then, get excited at the prospect of seeing a young Zach or JT developing into a top notch player. Football life goes on...

SR 7 said:
You mean C. Johnson. He was talking smack to CJ not TJ.

Actually on the field he was talking smack to both CJ and TJ. Proof was aired on Inside the NFL on HBO.

Zach is a great linebacker. However, Saban's scheme requires blitz packages that involves the element of blitz attack from any position.

When it comes to Zach's ability to get to the quarterback via blitz. It's concerning. His success rate is very low.

BERambo2 said:
Zach is a great linebacker. However, Saban's scheme requires blitz packages that involves the element of blitz attack from any position.

When it comes to Zach's ability to get to the quarterback via blitz. It's concerning. His success rate is very low.

With as much ground as he can cover on the run, its amazing he cant get to the QB better.

FinsGonnaRock06 said:
Zach Thomas has been and still is the HEART OF THIS TEAM, without him we go nowhere this year. THAT GUY IS ONE HELL OF A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER.

oh yeah? well we need bypass surgery then!!!

PhinFan0202 said:
I would not be apposed to going all defense. Our defense is getting up there in age and we need to infuse the team with some youth on the D-line and the LB core. Jason Taylor is not a LB and it shows big time. Z.T. We need a real OLB if we are going to play the 3-4

I dont get why people dont think we have a young Defense ready and in the wings waiting....

Vickerson, Evans, Roth, Rod Wright are all going to be good players, just watch. ( Not to mention Holliday, Taylor and Carter all have a couple years left)

In the starting secondary you have Jason Allen for the future, and Travis Daniels both young players, Will Allen and Goodman arent young but certainly not dinosaurs

The LB core does need some youth, but we have Crowder and Zach has a couple more years left I think

Just give the young guys time....

He still makes all the tackles. he is still better than the mouth in Baltimore. He is not lost.

Keith Traylor makes three sacks in three games and he is our oldest player. Any recognition? no, just he is old. thats all.

SR 7 said:
yup agree 100% we need a SS, a SLB and a MLB i think via draft. I am fine doing that via round 1-3.

This is exactly what I would do, then maybe a RB and OL in 4 and 5. Remember we have alabi/berger/toledo to possibly taking starting roles next year, hell maybe this year..lol

Does make you wonder how fully fit JT is? He did miss all the preseason games with a back injury and generally back injuries dont clear up to quick, if at all. I can imagine his back could be effecting his performances and he did pull up in the Bills game with, what looked like, back trouble.

no way zach is still good you will see by the end of the season when you look at his stats and he is still our best defender by some way. he has never been very fast and at his age i dont expect him to be chasing down young TE's from behind that is what the secondary is for! zach will come good you will see.

Back
Top Bottom