ZT Unloaded

ErroneousFlint

Starter
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...
 

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
5,049
Reaction score
1
Age
32
Location
England
Cowboy, Texans or Jets???

All teams with good middle linebackers.

Cowboys have Ngyun with Bradie James being groomed, Texans have Jamie Sharper and JEts have some bloke called Jon Vilma.

A team like Minnesota with a struggling EJ Henderson could do with Zach to play and also to groom EJ
 

Canadianfishfan

FinHeavean VIP
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
13,021
Reaction score
33
Age
51
Location
Toronto, On. Canada
ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...
Although Pope and Moore are younger.. do you think Zack is playing poorly? He was on pace for 200 tackles this season before injury.. Those are huge monster stats. I say get rid of Seau, and keep Thomas in to tutor the young kids.
Thomas is too valuable of a guy to let go.
I dont think we'd be to wise to get rid of Surtain and Thomas in the same year.
 

Disgustipate

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
4,335
Reaction score
0
Seriously, this is stupid. We shouldnt trade a player worth more to us on the field then for trade bait. Pope hasnt come close to showing he's near as effective as Zach at this point, and we're not going to get a whole hell of alot for Zach.
 

kasaba13

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
647
Reaction score
0
If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.
 

nate

Scout Team
Joined
Mar 5, 2004
Messages
196
Reaction score
0
kasaba13 said:
If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.
zach is to small to play sam backer its not a bad idea to trade him now and rebuild our defense for the long hual
 

muscle979

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
4,770
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Pasadena, MD
No you don't get rid of him, Moore or Pope would really have to be something special, something I doubt they are at this point.
 

ErroneousFlint

Starter
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
finsnchips said:
Cowboy, Texans or Jets???

All teams with good middle linebackers.

Cowboys have Ngyun with Bradie James being groomed, Texans have Jamie Sharper and JEts have some bloke called Jon Vilma.

A team like Minnesota with a struggling EJ Henderson could do with Zach to play and also to groom EJ
while those teams all have good starting LBs i do not expect ZT to be of much value 2-3 seasons from now.
 

ErroneousFlint

Starter
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
Canadianfishfan said:
Although Pope and Moore are younger.. do you think Zack is playing poorly? He was on pace for 200 tackles this season before injury.. Those are huge monster stats. I say get rid of Seau, and keep Thomas in to tutor the young kids.
Thomas is too valuable of a guy to let go.
I dont think we'd be to wise to get rid of Surtain and Thomas in the same year.
i appreciate the point you make but if you are looking towards the future of miami, he's a good-looking car with high-mileage. he has value now. before his stats drop.
 

ErroneousFlint

Starter
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
kasaba13 said:
If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.
well, no. he fits the type of middle linebacker we've had for years. the point of getting rid of him is his attitude which is anti-future. do you think in the back of his mind he would like to play somewhere else?
 

ErroneousFlint

Starter
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2,063
Reaction score
0
nate said:
zach is to small to play sam backer its not a bad idea to trade him now and rebuild our defense for the long hual
a man with vision!!! need a GM like you.
 

burghPhinFan

there are some that call me...Tim
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
1,424
Reaction score
2
Location
18 miles from Memphis...
ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...
I have to admit having the same thought. You hate to see such a great player leave, but you know the clock is starting to tick on him so with the 'apparent' depth behind him, it could be tempting. It would depend on what you got for him.
 
Top Bottom