ZT Unloaded | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT Unloaded

ErroneousFlint

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...

Cowboy, Texans or Jets???

All teams with good middle linebackers.

Cowboys have Ngyun with Bradie James being groomed, Texans have Jamie Sharper and JEts have some bloke called Jon Vilma.

A team like Minnesota with a struggling EJ Henderson could do with Zach to play and also to groom EJ

ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Although Pope and Moore are younger.. do you think Zack is playing poorly? He was on pace for 200 tackles this season before injury.. Those are huge monster stats. I say get rid of Seau, and keep Thomas in to tutor the young kids.
Thomas is too valuable of a guy to let go.
I dont think we'd be to wise to get rid of Surtain and Thomas in the same year.

Seriously, this is stupid. We shouldnt trade a player worth more to us on the field then for trade bait. Pope hasnt come close to showing he's near as effective as Zach at this point, and we're not going to get a whole hell of alot for Zach.

If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.

kasaba13 said:
If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.
zach is to small to play sam backer its not a bad idea to trade him now and rebuild our defense for the long hual

No you don't get rid of him, Moore or Pope would really have to be something special, something I doubt they are at this point.

finsnchips said:
Cowboy, Texans or Jets???

All teams with good middle linebackers.

Cowboys have Ngyun with Bradie James being groomed, Texans have Jamie Sharper and JEts have some bloke called Jon Vilma.

A team like Minnesota with a struggling EJ Henderson could do with Zach to play and also to groom EJ
while those teams all have good starting LBs i do not expect ZT to be of much value 2-3 seasons from now.

Canadianfishfan said:
Although Pope and Moore are younger.. do you think Zack is playing poorly? He was on pace for 200 tackles this season before injury.. Those are huge monster stats. I say get rid of Seau, and keep Thomas in to tutor the young kids.
Thomas is too valuable of a guy to let go.
I dont think we'd be to wise to get rid of Surtain and Thomas in the same year.
i appreciate the point you make but if you are looking towards the future of miami, he's a good-looking car with high-mileage. he has value now. before his stats drop.

kasaba13 said:
well, no. he fits the type of middle linebacker we've had for years. the point of getting rid of him is his attitude which is anti-future. do you think in the back of his mind he would like to play somewhere else?

nate said:
zach is to small to play sam backer its not a bad idea to trade him now and rebuild our defense for the long hual
a man with vision!!! need a GM like you.

ErroneousFlint said:

I have to admit having the same thought. You hate to see such a great player leave, but you know the clock is starting to tick on him so with the 'apparent' depth behind him, it could be tempting. It would depend on what you got for him.

Back
Top Bottom