ZT Unloaded | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT Unloaded

ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...

What are you insane, Zach is still getting the Highest % of the tackles on the team, he is over 100 yet again, and this year he was on pace to have a career year in tackles. How can you get rid of this team's defensive leader. Those Comments he made, came more from personal frustration on how Wanny was running this team, then what he was actually doing. Zack has never stopped player hard, he has to much pride for that.

we could trade him to k.c. and take alot from them

tay0365 said:
What are you insane, Zach is still getting the Highest % of the tackles on the team, he is over 100 yet again, and this year he was on pace to have a career year in tackles. How can you get rid of this team's defensive leader. Those Comments he made, came more from personal frustration on how Wanny was running this team, then what he was actually doing. Zack has never stopped player hard, he has to much pride for that.
Easy, he is not worth his contract. Just making tackles does not mean you should be making 5 to 7 million a year.

Many players make tons of tackles, but never get that type of cash. To get ZT cash you should be a game changer and that is something ZT is not.

Yeah, I would hate Zach to leave, that dude is pretty much my hero. :D its one of the reasons im choosing Texas Tech, over Ut, or A&M

zach is a great lb but alot of his tackles are scheme or downfield

burghPhinFan said:
I have to admit having the same thought. You hate to see such a great player leave, but you know the clock is starting to tick on him so with the 'apparent' depth behind him, it could be tempting. It would depend on what you got for him.
I agree.

By the way, if it was between him and Surtain, I'd rather have Surtain.
Both of them won't be here next year.

tay0365 said:
again, its not his ability or former numbers as it is, his negative attitude towards the team trying out youth, getting more playing time, obviously because this threatens him. that comment he made was a direct reaction to this subject rather than how wannstedt was running the show. it was wannstedt who was also against giving youth a chance to play.

FiN.in.RI said:
I agree.

By the way, if it was between him and Surtain, I'd rather have Surtain.
Both of them won't be here next year.
a guy (surtain) who gets hurt in a game, is deemed out for the entire game, comes back into the game, gets as pick; this is somebody who shows heart enough to stay around. why get rid of him? and he is not a disgruntled distraction on the team.

Wow, this is a ridiculous thought....First off, who would trade for him with the price tag of his contract ?? At 30 something years old, coming from a scheme where he takes alot of punishment (especially since this last two years our DT have not been able to do the job they are supposed to and keep the OL off him), a high draft pick request from the Fins, and not to mention the cap hit we would take....ain't gonna happen....

Besides, Greenwood is a UFA and will probably move on, Seau's reliablility is now in serious question, even if he returns...Pope, Boa, Moore young and inexperienced...too much change to be successful. One of the attractive features to a high profile incoming regime would be that the defense may only need tinkering, not complete rebuilding....

I personally don't want to see him go either. He is a very good-to-great LB, a model citizen on and off the field and part of the identity of the Fins.

The new regime will have alot to do with who stays and goes, but just as much will be the cap...we can't just dump Madison, Thomas, Surtain, Taylor and not take serious hits...these guys will be with us because our current FO has "Fineagled (not really a word)" these contracts as much as they can....

Yeah let's drum him outta the team...

ErroneousFlint said:
again, its not his ability or former numbers as it is, his negative attitude towards the team trying out youth.

He's a born competitor and this team needs that like it needs a hole in the head (or the o-line).

I'm sure it'll do wonders for the sale of season tickets too when the GM says, "yeah, I'd like to keep him but were planning on another crape season so there's no point in keeping him. We're gonna play in the CFL this season so we can be competitive and re-enter the NFL in 2006."

LOL.

One good half against the Seattle Seahawks and Pope and Moore are ready to supplant one of the best middle linebackers in the game. While we are at it, let's trade JT, Madison, and Surtain too.

Maybe Dolphin's fans are the most impetuous after all :(

ErroneousFlint said:
i appreciate the point you make but if you are looking towards the future of miami, he's a good-looking car with high-mileage. he has value now. before his stats drop.
Couldn't have said it better. Nobody ever wants to think about trading players that are still playing well, but that's really the only time it makes sense. What will ZT be worth 2-3 years from now? We have a lot of needs and we need to leverage our stronger positions with youth behind to shore up our deficiencies. Of course Pope isn't ZT, but he has a lot more long term value and upside, while Zach is currently a marketable commodity. Same can be said for Surtain. The youth following them will take a year or two to get where they need to be, but so will our now relatively young offense when you add o linemen, a rb +/- a qb. The trick is to balance the power and have it all mature together. It's simple business: buy low, sell high.

Ok, we obviously have a lot of diffrent oppions on this topic...but let me ask, for all of you that think we should get rid of Zach, what sort of pick/player are you expecting?

If u cant get a 1st fr him(i doubt we could) theres no point in doing it. Hes solid for another 3 good years.

ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...

TRADE ZT............. :roflmao: :lol: :laugh: :rofl3: :grouplaug :chuckle: :bry: :rofl4: :tongue2: :spit:

Back
Top Bottom