ZT Unloaded | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT Unloaded

FinFan24 said:
Ok, we obviously have a lot of diffrent oppions on this topic...but let me ask, for all of you that think we should get rid of Zach, what sort of pick/player are you expecting?

If u cant get a 1st fr him(i doubt we could) theres no point in doing it. Hes solid for another 3 good years.
I'd be happy if Miami could get a 3rd for him, just to get out of his contract.

It was stupid of Miami to give a aging LB that type money two years ago.

I remember when Marino was considering suiting up for the Vikings because Wanny was being a dip. I would have became a Viking fan.

Thomas, to me, is that kind of player. They transcend and become more important than the team. You want to trade him because he's 30? You want to trade away a great middle line backer to get some good to decent pick that we will in all probability screw up royally when we draft? No thank you.

I don't really care about his contract. I don't care about his age. I don't care about his obviously declining value and the 'fact' he was on pace to hit 200 tackles due to our system (I remember that play on madden - funnel 54). You don't trade away the heart and soul of a team

TouchMyMarino said:
I remember when Marino was considering suiting up for the Vikings because Wanny was being a dip. I would have became a Viking fan.
Then you are not much of a Phins fan.

TouchMyMarino said:
Thomas, to me, is that kind of player. They transcend and become more important than the team. You want to trade him because he's 30? You want to trade away a great middle line backer to get some good to decent pick that we will in all probability screw up royally when we draft? No thank you.

I don't really care about his contract. I don't care about his age. I don't care about his obviously declining value and the 'fact' he was on pace to hit 200 tackles due to our system (I remember that play on madden - funnel 54). You don't trade away the heart and soul of a team
I wish people would stop referring to ZT as the heart & soul of this team and thinking its some great compliment to him. Considering how many times this team has fail, especially in clutch situations. It is actually an insult to him. Now if Miami's D was tough and a D teams were afraid to face, then we could talk.

ZT is not the heart & soul of the team. Miami is something like 7-2 in games when Zach did not play over his career. Zach is what he is. A tackling machine, but outside that he has brought little to the team other than his ability to whine.

Dphins4me said:
Then you are not much of a Phins fan.

I'm crushed that you think of yourself as a better fan. But good for you, go have a cookie.

I wish people would stop referring to ZT as the heart & soul of this team and thinking its some great compliment to him. Considering how many times this team has fail, especially in clutch situations. It is actually an insult to him. Now if Miami's D was tough and a D teams were afraid to face, then we could talk.

ZT is not the heart & soul of the team. Miami is something like 7-2 in games when Zach did not play over his career. Zach is what he is. A tackling machine, but outside that he has brought little to the team other than his ability to whine.

No, actually, /that/ is an insult to him. In return, then you're not much of a critical thinker. But one intitled to an opinion.

Dphins4me said:

I dont think that is worth it IMO.

ErroneousFlint said:
a guy (surtain) who gets hurt in a game, is deemed out for the entire game, comes back into the game, gets as pick; this is somebody who shows heart enough to stay around. why get rid of him? and he is not a disgruntled distraction on the team.

yea and? where did I say that Thomas should stay over Surtain?

I don't want Zach and Surtain in another team but at the same time we need cap room, probably we can't sign Walter Jones (if not franchised) if we don't trade one of those player.

So the question is what is better, Zach, Poole and Walter Jones or Pope, Surtain with Jones or Zach, Surtain and Wade Smith/Mcinthohs or even Pope, Poole, Walter Jones and the best FA DT or best FA C?.

volk said:
LOL.

One good half against the Seattle Seahawks and Pope and Moore are ready to supplant one of the best middle linebackers in the game. While we are at it, let's trade JT, Madison, and Surtain too.

Maybe Dolphin's fans are the most impetuous after all :(
whoa! It's not about one good half. Look at how many points we've given up compared to the other teams in our division. pretty near-sighted of ya.

Ok problem with all this trade Zach talk is the cap hit we'd take. Pure and simple. There's no way around it. He will finish his career as a Dolphin, or if his contract ends before he does, he'll leave as a free agent.

FinFan24 said:
Ok, we obviously have a lot of diffrent oppions on this topic...but let me ask, for all of you that think we should get rid of Zach, what sort of pick/player are you expecting?

If u cant get a 1st fr him(i doubt we could) theres no point in doing it. Hes solid for another 3 good years.
any pick in this draft. ive said before : we have needs along our pass protection / run block game. i wouldn't trade him outright for another player nor would i give up any draft spots now or next year('s draft)

Dphins4me said:

where we were back then made sense. and maybe he had to have that money in order to stay. but perspectives change. his enthusiasm has waned.

TouchMyMarino said:

he's 31 im pretty sure and i think @ 4 mill a year. tell me if im wrong. but ya know....if he can only be negative when vocal then get rid of him. when has he ever been vocally positive?? and i cant see the comparison between marino and zt, but i cant invalidate what you feel either.

ps: if he is such a leader, why is he not vocally in support of playing youth? that doesnt reflect team spirit but ego.

TouchMyMarino said:
I'm crushed that you think of yourself as a better fan. But good for you, go have a cookie.
Did you not just say that you would have been a Vikes fan had Marino went there? If so, then how can you claim to be a huge Miami fan?

TouchMyMarino said:
No, actually, /that/ is an insult to him. In return, then you're not much of a critical thinker. But one intitled to an opinion.
When you cannot attack the post, then attack the poster.

Dphins4me said:

That still doesn't get them out of his salary. If Zach is traded or cut his signing bonus is accelerated and the Dolphins will take the cap hit next year. Zach is either going to have to restructure or the Dolphins are going to have to pay him another year or two to keep from having a lot of "dead" money.

Dphins4me said:
Easy, he is not worth his contract. Just making tackles does not mean you should be making 5 to 7 million a year.

Many players make tons of tackles, but never get that type of cash. To get ZT cash you should be a game changer and that is something ZT is not.
Says who, you? When I guy is making 150 tackles a year, being the main and consistant disruption to an offense, and is one the key player that every week a plan has to be made to make sure the team knows where he is, then yes, he is worth that type of many.

Can you name me 3 Middle or Inside Linebackers better or more effective then Zach, as hard as you try, the only one that will consistantly be said to be better, is Ray Lewis. Zach is still the heart of this defense, take him away, and watch the defense slowly crumble.

Back
Top Bottom