ZT Unloaded | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZT Unloaded

There's more to football than just stats. Stats don't tell the whole story. Zach is the leader of this defense if not this team. You get rid of him, you get rid of the heart and soul. If he wasn't the leader and heart of this football team, he wouldnt be getting all the props he's getting now. Face it, the motivation for trading him is the salary.. not his will, his understanding of the game, his leadership, and his knowledge of the system and the game.

Trading Zach will never happen, nor should it happen. He's a dedicated Fin for life, just like I am.

\

ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...

ARE YOU LOST!!!!! ONE HALF OF A GAME THE ROKKIES FILL IN AND PLAY DECENT AND YOU WANT TO CAN THE HEART AND SOUL OF OUR "D"
YOU DON'T FIND GUYS LIKE THIS VERY OFTEN! MAN,,,,I AM GLAD YOU AREN'T A REAL DOLPHINS FAN...GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRT8 said:
\

ARE YOU LOST!!!!! ONE HALF OF A GAME THE ROKKIES FILL IN AND PLAY DECENT AND YOU WANT TO CAN THE HEART AND SOUL OF OUR "D"
YOU DON'T FIND GUYS LIKE THIS VERY OFTEN! MAN,,,,I AM GLAD YOU AREN'T A REAL DOLPHINS FAN...GEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe he is a real dolphins fan, but just one with a limited understanding of things. :o

Canadianfishfan said:
Although Pope and Moore are younger.. do you think Zack is playing poorly? He was on pace for 200 tackles this season before injury.. Those are huge monster stats. I say get rid of Seau, and keep Thomas in to tutor the young kids.
Thomas is too valuable of a guy to let go.
I dont think we'd be to wise to get rid of Surtain and Thomas in the same year.
Zach was having an all pro year and has been consistent throughout his career.It was between him and McMichael for MVP.Dont compare the rookies to him.They have potential and eventually may replace him but they need more seasoning.Greenwood is more likely to be replaced first by one of them mostly because he becomes a FA.

Let's see...Ricky has zero loyalty and is a quitter but, the guy who bleeds Dolphin teal and orange should be cut/traded/waived because a rookie came in for him and had a decent half...you can't have it both ways.

You can't talk about Ricky's disloyalty and then turn around and bash one of the faces of the franchise.

Is Zach the player he was 5 years ago? No. But, he is still very productive, is a leader, makes some plays and, I think most important, is accountable.

If Zach is so "done" then I ask anyone on this board to name me 5 middle linebackers in the NFL that are better then him...and don't say Ray Lewis because he has not been a relevent player for almost 2 years. If he did'nt have such a big mouth people would realize that the guy does'nt make plays anymore...

If Zach goes and we elevate Pope what do we do for depth? If we've learned one thing this year it's that players get hurt. As of now if Zach goes down Pope could step in and hopefully do a good job. Zach is the wrong guy to trade IMO. Our D is still very good, Chester will recover and Timbo is leaning toward coming back. These guys aren't over the hill just yet. They have another year or two, at least. The other side of the ball needs major work at o-line, running back and veteran help at Q.B. unless we pick Leinart or Rodgers.

ErroneousFlint said:
If Pope and Moore step up in Thomas' absence you unload the expensive, aging, gimpy Zach Thomas NOW, not when he's unattractive. So why wouldn't Thomas be Trade Bait to someone who is willing to pay him?
Even at the beginning of this season, it looked liked we needed him.
Don't forget that remark he made about "not playing as hard".
I say that he goes to either the Cowboys, Texans, or Jets ...

We keep Zach....but we may want to draft a linebacker named Ruud out of Nebraska....he is a nice tackler.

jaxdolfan said:
Your wealth of ignorance is astounding.

The whole defense funnels everything towards Zach. You can move him and you cant replace him. Period.
i appreciate your comments.

kasaba13 said:
If Pope really shows a lot while he plays, you could possibly look at moving Zach to the outside in place of Greenwood who is a free agent. Then you dump Seau and have a LB corps of Thomas-Pope-Moore. Moving Zach outside means he would take less of a beating which may extend his career.
Imo zach is would not do well on the outside - he would have to take on lead blockers more, at middle he can shoot under the blockers. olb initial priority is to take out the lead blocker and stuff it up so mlb can pursue

Dphins4me said:
What offense has ZT disrupted in the last few years?

For the money they are being paid I can. Jay Foreman is a ILB and he is making comparable tackles and not getting the pay check Zach is. London Fletcher is another that is making tackles and not getting the pay Zach is.

Those are just two off the top of my head. If I did a little research then I most likely could name others.

Tackles are not what Zach is being paid millions to do. He is being paid to be a leader and a game changers. Not what he is doing.

Tell me the last time Zach made a play the decided a game or changed it?

Have you not noticed how the D is slowly crumbling with Zach? How many 100 yard rushers have Miami had against them?

When both of your run stuffing dt's are missing yes you are going to have 100 yard games - where did they get the most of their runs - up the middle.

CrunchTime said:
Zach was having an all pro year and has been consistent throughout his career.It was between him and McMichael for MVP.Dont compare the rookies to him.They have potential and eventually may replace him but they need more seasoning.Greenwood is more likely to be replaced first by one of them mostly because he becomes a FA.

Exactly!:evil: :evil: :) :)

jaxdolfan said:
So he says he hopes to be in Miami next season. I think he will.
good for you. and ya know, its cool you saying what you want to anything i post. i dont take any of this personal. i dont get offended by responses like that so say what you will, as long as you dont get yourself in trouble. i mean, after all, youre not ignoring it are you?

ErroneousFlint said:
good for you. and ya know, its cool you saying what you want to anything i post. i dont take any of this personal. i dont get offended by responses like that so say what you will, as long as you dont get yourself in trouble. i mean, after all, youre not ignoring it are you?
What is he ignoring? Zach said he hopes to be back in Miami next year.

Back
Top Bottom