Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

Don't care about the catch percentage with such a small sample size.

Don't care that he was an early FA 2 years ago.

I do care if McD can't see that he hasn't been productive and holds on to the guy out of sentiment. He had no prior first hand experience with Ingold like he did with Raheem. For all we know, he has been disappointed same as I have.

Sorry, you haven't made a prima facia case for reserving a roster spot in my opinion.
You don't care about the catch pct, so what were you basing your concerns about his receiving ability on?
If McDaniel had been disappointed, Ingold would not have gotten an extension.

I disagree with nearly everything in that post.

RC had a grand total of 9 receptions last season, was inactive half the time and has been a career bubble player that is nearing 30 years old. EZ had 1 reception, has failed to grasp the offensive scheme/requirements and spent the rest of the season on NFI. Their own performances and situations are what puts them on notice.

M. Washington will get a majority of his snaps out of the slot, where he's a far bigger threat to Berrios' playing time than either EZ or Craycraft. Beyond that, Berrios did a lot of fair catching, and very little field flipping. I think you overstate his importance there, but I agree he is a trustworthy fair catch guy.
Since EZ went on to NFI early, how does anyone know he failed to grasp the offensive scheme and requirements? He never got the chance to prove it either way. He certainly didn't go onto NFI on purpose.

You don't care about the catch pct, so what were you basing your concerns about his receiving ability on?
If McDaniel had been disappointed, Ingold would not have gotten an extension.
I already said the sample size was too small to be meaningful. If he had 50 targets (3 per game) it would be statistically meaningful.

He did get a reworked contract, but if you look at the details there is not much in the way of guarantees. It was done to create cap space.

I already said the sample size was too small to be meaningful. If he had 50 targets (3 per game) it would be statistically meaningful.

He did get a reworked contract, but if you look at the details there is not much in the way of guarantees. It was done to create cap space.
You said, "As a receiver he has shown to be below average, IMO, with a mere 13 receptions last season." You brought the sample size into the discussion. When I replied with his catch pct, then you said we cannot look at that because the sample size is too small but you brought up his receiving in the first place. How can we look at 13 receptions as a negative when it comes to his receiving but not the catch pct as a positive?
Neither number though shows how many times he ran routes, got open, but was not thrown to. When given the chance though he has been very reliable.

You said, "As a receiver he has shown to be below average, IMO, with a mere 13 receptions last season." You brought the sample size into the discussion. When I replied with his catch pct, then you said we cannot look at that because the sample size is too small but you brought up his receiving in the first place. How can we look at 13 receptions as a negative when it comes to his receiving but not the catch pct as a positive?
Neither number though shows how many times he ran routes, got open, but was not thrown to. When given the chance though he has been very reliable.

I believe he is not a good receiver because his routes are plodding and not sharp, I have seen him muff very catchable balls in critical situations, and believe if the staff considered it a strength, they would use him more. For example, For example, Smythe is not considered a good receiver either, and he got 4X the number of targets.

Being a good receiver is about more than having good hands, or do you disagree!

I believe he is not a good receiver because his routes are plodding and not sharp, I have seen him muff very catchable balls in critical situations, and believe if the staff considered it a strength, they would use him more. For example, For example, Smythe is not considered a good receiver either, and he got 4X the number of targets.

Being a good receiver is about more than having good hands, or do you disagree!
I do not disagree. Hands are most important but some other traits and skills are necessary too.

Ingold had an 81.3 catch percentage. When he was targeted he was very dependable. McDaniel seems to feel there is a spot for a traditional FB on his roster. Ingold is sort of a poor man's Kyle Juszczyk. Remember, in McDaniel's first free agency period of 2022, Ingold was one of the first guys we grabbed.
Plus, there were times Ingold was wide open, and Tua would force the ball to Waddle.

I suspect if they didn't like Ingold, we would have tried to draft a replacement from somewhere. He plays a lot for us.

Back
Top Bottom