Damn! I hope we can keep all these UDFA’s | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Damn! I hope we can keep all these UDFA’s

He is on his third team since 2022. He obviously isn’t that good and I would rather the Dolphins have players on their practice squad who can actually contribute if they are called up on game days.

What the Dolphins paid him to sign as an UDFA is irrelevant to me since that is no more than coffee money to someone with the type of money Ross has.
Literally. The amount we paid Diesch, as compared to Stephen Ross’s net worth, is equivalent to $6 if your net worth is $500,000.

Matos, Perry and Duck all recieved six figure guaranteed UDFA contracts. So if you follow the money like @Feverdream suggested, it would appear they are the players, who most likely make the team.

But I also think Matthew Jones has a strong chance, he can play all three interior offensive line positions.

Just a guess, but I figure Matos has no chance whatsoever. He just hasn't played football before.

The guarantee might be a good faith payment to get him to stick around after we cut him.

Like... "hey dude, we'll give you a year on the PS and see what we can do".

Agreed... Perry and Duck are the two to REALLY watch... they only have to beat out other rookies and former UDFAs.

...and any Edge in camp. If neither Phillips or Chubb can go, we'll have a spot.

The Center looks good for the PS. We could call him up if needed.

Just a guess, but I figure Matos has no chance whatsoever. He just hasn't played football before.

The guarantee might be a good faith payment to get him to stick around after we cut him.

Like... "hey dude, we'll give you a year on the PS and see what we can do".

Agreed... Perry and Duck are the two to REALLY watch... they only have to beat out other rookies and former UDFAs.

...and any Edge in camp. If neither Phillips or Chubb can go, we'll have a spot.

The Center looks good for the PS. We could call him up if needed.
I agree about Matos. I've should have clarified my statement. I think he'll be a PS type.

Except Kellen Diesch, that guy can go F himself and hope he never progresses past a teams PS. I think we paid out the ass for him as an UDFA under the assumption, "hey we are giving you a huge gtd bonus, we want you to develop here" Then nope, bounced to another teams PS instead of reupping with us.

I see he's supposed to have just gotten married. I hope he impregnates his wife with quadrupilets, and she leaves him, and takes 95% of his incoming salaries even post nfl for the next 18 years
20240430_103315.gif

Always follow the money...

The UDFAs that we've kept in the past were usually the ones who we gave guarantees. It isn't an 'always', but there has been a trend.

Follow those guys the closest.
We paid a premium for Perry, Duck, and Matos. Who else?

Except Kellen Diesch, that guy can go F himself and hope he never progresses past a teams PS. I think we paid out the ass for him as an UDFA under the assumption, "hey we are giving you a huge gtd bonus, we want you to develop here" Then nope, bounced to another teams PS instead of reupping with us.

I see he's supposed to have just gotten married. I hope he impregnates his wife with quadrupilets, and she leaves him, and takes 95% of his incoming salaries even post nfl for the next 18 years
I thought I was perplexed, upset, or baffled by Diesch not being re-signed to the PS after he cleared waivers. You took it to a whole new level. Your passion is commendable. He seemed as ideal as it gets for a wide zone run-blocking LT. We really don't know though if Miami tried to sign him to the PS and he took Chicago's offer instead or if Miami did not offer him at all. There have been times in the last two seasons when Miami could have signed him off Chicago or Pittsburgh's PS, and they went another route.

I hope you are not speaking from experience. - LOL

He is on his third team since 2022. He obviously isn’t that good and I would rather the Dolphins have players on their practice squad who can actually contribute if they are called up on game days.

What the Dolphins paid him to sign as an UDFA is irrelevant to me since that is no more than coffee money to someone with the type of money Ross has.
You obviously never watched Diesch in the 2022 preseason for Miami. He looked very good. Worth keeping for sure, IMO. He also graded well for Chicago in the 2023 preseason, but I can not say I personally watched him then.

Matos, Perry and Duck all recieved six figure guaranteed UDFA contracts. So if you follow the money like @Feverdream suggested, it would appear they are the players, who most likely make the team.

But I also think Matthew Jones has a strong chance, he can play all three interior offensive line positions.
Isaiah Johnson has a good shot too. He graded as well as several corners who were highly drafted. His coverage grades were almost identical to Ennis Rakestraw and better than Cooper DeJean's. His run defense grades were even better. I wouldn't be surprised if he was paid a premium to sign here too.

We paid a premium for Perry, Duck, and Matos. Who else?
Meyer got 90k... and he's one we really want to take some time with. He's a lot like Brewer, undersized and quick... if he's any good at all, he'd provide the same sort of play.

He's a guy we could cut and it would be a bit of a stretch for anyone to claim a Center only who wasn't ready.

Back
Top Bottom