DE Mohamed Kamara | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DE Mohamed Kamara

I think one reason he fell is he's a 25 year old rookie.
He turned 20 years old his last year in high school and then spend 5 years in college. Because of Covid we are seeing a lot of older rookies coming into the league because of the 5th year many of them decided to remain in college.

It is weird that he is older than Austin Jackson who has been in the league for 4 years already and just a year younger than Tua.

Zach was a six rounder because of his size. 5'11.They had to notice his tackling in college. Ray Lewis went in the 1st round that year I believe at 6'4 260. Lewis was a true beast but Zach wasn't much of a drop-off from Lewis.

JT went in the third round.

There is value in every round.

Just gotta get lucky and hope the player can make the transition from college to the pros.

Good coaching
Healthy diet
No off field issues
Etc

That and more going on that Depend on the players outcome in the nfl.

''To be honest, I’m very excited, but I also am very, very angry going the round that I did,” Kamara said. “That’s just my personality. I knew I could’ve gone higher and I wanted to go higher, but the lovely team of Miami picked me up and I’m going to give them that burning desire. I have a chip on my shoulder, so it just got even greater. Everybody else, all 31 other teams, look out, because the way I’m about to play against these guys, you should’ve picked me before.”

go get em tiger
Stack them chips homie

This pick reminds me of when the Phins drafted Curtis Weaver from Boise State in the 5th round. He was supposed to go in the 2nd or 3rd. I thought we had a steal.

That said, Kamara is much more athletic. I think he has a greater chance to succeed.
Weaver had a lot of success in college due to his really great hands, and there wasn't enough else to his game to make it in the NFL. Also seem to recall some attitude or off-field issues because he didn't even make the PS if I recall correctly.

Weaver had a lot of success in college due to his really great hands, and there wasn't enough else to his game to make it in the NFL. Also seem to recall some attitude or off-field issues because he didn't even make the PS if I recall correctly.
It was Flo antagonizing Grier and being a disciplinarian making examples out of guys.

He cut two guys the first day of OTAs. Both on defense.

Weaver and a pass rusher we got from the CFL.

The CFL guy got cut for being late.

His name was Jaylon Ferguson if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

Interestingly, one of Weaver's DL coaches at Boise State was the DL coach at UCLA in 2022, where Latu dominated with his hand work and, to a somewhat lesser extent, the Murphy twins, including Dolphin UDFA Greyson Murphy, also showed great hand usage.

You're wrong, 6'3" 235 is his combine recorded height weight. Nobody grows 2.5 inches in their 20's unless they get them dick pills lol.
No, I’m not. He wasn’t 6-3 at the Combine or the draft or at any other time in his life. He was 72.375 inches at the Combine. That’s less than 6-1. Pm
You're wrong, 6'3" 235 is his combine recorded height weight. Nobody grows 2.5 inches in their 20's unless they get them dick pills lol.
No, I'm not. Ray Lewis has never been 6-3, or anything close to 6-3, in his life. He was 72.4 (72 and 3/8 inch) at the Combine. I'm sure he was the same on draft day and every day since.

If he was ever 6-3, do you think he would have been listed at 6-1 for his entire career?

I'd love to see where you are getting 6-3 from. I'll wait. . . . .

No, I’m not. He wasn’t 6-3 at the Combine or the draft or at any other time in his life. He was 72.375 inches at the Combine. That’s less than 6-1. Pm

No, I'm not. Ray Lewis has never been 6-3, or anything close to 6-3, in his life. He was 72.4 (72 and 3/8 inch) at the Combine. I'm sure he was the same on draft day and every day since.

If he was ever 6-3, do you think he would have been listed at 6-1 for his entire career?

I'd love to see where you are getting 6-3 from. I'll wait. . . . .
After further review ..... I concede my incorrectness, my number dyslexia affects me and I know to double check, but didn't...I saw 74.2..even so that's not 6'3" either. My apologies. But I still standby my dick pill reference lol.

Back
Top Bottom