Dolphins exercised 5th year option Waddle/phillips | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins exercised 5th year option Waddle/phillips

Yeah my first reaction was that it seemed high for Nico but was surprised that all the Texans fans I know thought it was a good deal. :shrug:

He looked great last year but just had the one good year. Guess it’s a little different since he was a third rounder and no 5th year but still. Was expecting 4 year 100 million after recent ones but Collins kind of throws that off since that’s around what he got and much less production last 3 years. Maybe 4 year 110 million 80 guaranteed gets it done for waddle now.

Personally...I just have found him too inconsistent between drops and being banged up. Waddle is definitely talented but I'm not sure he is worth that kind of money. I think you can take a bit less production and take a draft pick and save the money.

Personally...I just have found him too inconsistent between drops and being banged up. Waddle is definitely talented but I'm not sure he is worth that kind of money. I think you can take a bit less production and take a draft pick and save the money.
You do realize Waddle's production over his 3 seasons ranks up there "all time"? Even more impressive considering for two of those years he shared the field with, arguably, the most prolific WR in the game today

Not saying yay or nay, but to say you can easily draft a guy and get just "a bit less" production seems unlikely to me.

Back
Top Bottom