Draft Grades from Other Sites (from Barry Jackson) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Grades from Other Sites (from Barry Jackson)

It's stilly how subjective these draft analysis are. Didnt the fins show the second highest value in the league? We got guys like Wright, Kamara, and Washington much later than projected. So we traded a future 3rd for a 4th...so what, they'll have two more 3rds and now have another sub 4.40 guy.

The facts pertaining to the performance of this, or any draft, will develop over time. Not enough time has elapsed to even know if all these draft picks will make the team.

I know for a fact that the NFL teams FO's have infinitely more knowledge about the players that were drafted and their plans for their current players then any fan base does.

Speculation is fun.

Speculate on this - The Dolphins have made the playoffs the last two (Tua - haha) seasons, with the last season playing with a team that was gutted by injuries; so they are clearly drafting well and building the team effectively.

Last, but not least, Ray is Right - again. - LOL

OK you "Lemmings", it's official - you have been baited.
Yeah, I know warning will be ignored and the "Lemmings will "self-identify".
This should be fun to see. - LOL
Fact, chop Robinson and Patrick Paul will be all pros years 2 and beyond for the dolphins, and a major part of the youth core going forward. Just trying to balance out the pessimism...

It's stilly how subjective these draft analysis are. Didnt the fins show the second highest value in the league? We got guys like Wright, Kamara, and Washington much later than projected. So we traded a future 3rd for a 4th...so what, they'll have two more 3rds and now have another sub 4.40 guy.
It’s almost like they didn’t realize Mia had 3 3rds next year. A 3rd was probably being traded this year or next.

You can question picking the RB instead of trying to do what it took to say get in front of Pittsburgh at some point to take the Ol they took.

I don’t consider the RB as stocked as they do as pointed out earlier in the thread- if Wilson and Ahmed are gone wouldn’t surprise me a bit and with Mostert age and Achane frame I suspect he is going to get meaningful snaps at some point during the year.

Well of course they are subjective. The "projections" you are referring to are also subjective, are they not?

Also you have to consider not everyone "weights" the various aspects equally. Some are fine with having an eye toward the future. Some prefer an immediate impact, starting quality players. Some value production over measurables. Some believe measurables are non negotiable.

IOW, it's all freaking subjective, including your opinion, when it comes down to it.

I mean that's fine, your opinion is valid, but so are others'. To admonish them for being "subjective", however, is pretty darn hypocritical.

Remember when everyone would automatically give the Pats an “A” no matter what they did? Heck, even if they had 0 picks they would get an “A”.

I will just say that I am happy that we actually had more than 4 draft picks this year that can possibly fill the void when some players have to leave, which is inevitable. 4 draft picks each of the last 2 years is complete BS! Grier needs to stop mortgaging the future with these wild ambitions that we are a single player or 2 away from the SB!

I will just say that I am happy that we actually had more than 4 draft picks this year that can possibly fill the void when some players have to leave, which is inevitable. 4 draft picks each of the last 2 years is complete BS! Grier needs to stop mortgaging the future with these wild ambitions that we are a single player or 2 away from the SB!

I feel this draft is indicative that he has stopped the "mortgaging", don't you?

Iron willed and stubborn to a fault. - LOL

Stubborn is forgetting this:

1714577928523.jpeg

If the above wasn't enough to inspire the thought, "Enough d!cking around. We need to solidify an OLine" nothing will ever be.

I'll Give Mel Kiper a D+ on his assessment, he really didn't grasp what took place in free agency and totally missed the value of Chop's pressures.
Sharp gets a solid B+, not because of his grade but he makes solid points. He was paying attention
Reuter was a C-, another one discounting QB pressures, also entirely missed the point of the Wright pick.
McKenna liked the draft but seems to have just a cursory opinion on everything, B-
Trepasso apparently thinks we were set at WR and RB, C-. Also, drafting EDGE1 is never "sensible"
PFF was most thorough but everything included here was about the players, not the Dolphins so they get an incomplete

I feel this draft is indicative that he has stopped the "mortgaging", don't you?
No, because he didn't have the money this year to trade for a high priced player. I hope he has changed though!

I'll Give Mel Kiper a D+ on his assessment, he really didn't grasp what took place in free agency and totally missed the value of Chop's pressures.
Sharp gets a solid B+, not because of his grade but he makes solid points. He was paying attention
Reuter was a C-, another one discounting QB pressures, also entirely missed the point of the Wright pick.
McKenna liked the draft but seems to have just a cursory opinion on everything, B-
Trepasso apparently thinks we were set at WR and RB, C-. Also, drafting EDGE1 is never "sensible"
PFF was most thorough but everything included here was about the players, not the Dolphins so they get an incomplete
Mel Kiper has the IQ of a Potato! (I haven't typed that this year yet, I am now complete). 🤣

Back
Top Bottom