Votes: 38 15.6%
  • D

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • F

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Grier still sucks

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
That’s not what I’m saying at all. I’m just talking odds. If you draft an OT in the first round, you have about a 25% chance he’s going to turn into a long term starting LT. The deeper in the draft you go, the worse those odds get.

So if our late second round pick doesn’t become a starter, it’s not really a bust. It’s a bust if he can’t play at all. If he becomes a solid backup swing tackle, that’s basically a break even.

Look at it this way: 8 OTs went in the first round this year. Another 9 went between our pick (#55) and pick #79. Of those 17 OTs, very few will become long term starters at LT. Most will never be long term starters at any position. Dozens more were drafted after pick #79 and/or signed as UDFAs, and the odds are even worse for those guys.

If you get 1 difference maker and a few contributors, that’s a home run draft.
Unfortunately your stats are correct. Many posters fail to realize that the percentage of starters from each round severely drop from the 1st round through the 7th round.

Only 50% of first round draft picks ever become solid starters in the NFL and the odds go down to 33% of second round picks ever becoming solid staters in the NFL.

The odds of third through seventh round picks becoming solid starters drops considerably for each round.

The reality is that the vast majority of the players selected in the 2024 draft will never become solid starters in the NFL and the majority of them will be out of the NFL within 2 to 3 years.

Hopefully the Dolphins drafted at least a couple of players who can beat the odds but only time will tell.

I'll give them a B. Doubling down ar passrusher was smart, and I've wanted Chop for a while so definitely happy about that selection. Paul is going play at some point this year so I'm hoping he comes in and learns as much as he can from the vets and staff. Did not think we would go for a RB but Wright looks like Mostert/Aaron Jones so I'm excited. Malik and Tahj look like more speed for the slot so we'll see who shines the most. No idea on the safety pick but at least we got one, was expecting that position to be drafted earlier.

C+

When I think of first round picks, I think of an immediate starter at least. It really seems like he’ll be a part time player for us year one. Paul is intriguing and I trust Barry to put the work in him.

The Rb and WRs we took late are very interesting picks

Gave it a B because we got good athletes and good talent and we got value for our picks but I felt we picked at positions that already were strengths and still left some questions as a result.
??I had Edge, T, IOL, WR, S and RB as my top needs going into the draft??

Saw this on twitter but when it comes to draft grades remember this, We were universally given A's for our 2017 draft... that class was Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersly, Isaac Asiata, Davon Godchaeux, Vincent Taylor, and Isiah Ford.

Saw this on twitter but when it comes to draft grades remember this, We were universally given A's for our 2017 draft... that class was Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersly, Isaac Asiata, Davon Godchaeux, Vincent Taylor, and Isiah Ford.
lol that’s a depressing horrible draft in hindsight

Back
Top Bottom