Is AFC East a Three Team Race? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is AFC East a Three Team Race?

Jets are garbage. The league and the media can't just will a team into being a contender, no matter how much they want it to be true.
Hard to know what to think of New York. I feel like Saleh has done a pretty good job on the defense, which is obviously his specialty.

But he seems like Flores when it comes to the offense. Fairly clueless. Starting Wilson as a rookie said a lot when it was clear he wasn't ready.

The Jets have talent, though, so they could factor in.

You can’t count anyone out in May, but a new HC and a rookie QB seem an unlikely combo to finish first. I agree a three team race. Bills the favorites until beaten, we are second and the jets third.
If we can have a better injury free season, some young HC growth with play calling, and speed of play calling I think we could win the division by 2 games.
Might actually be an advantage playing Buffalo early. McDaniel is bound to have some early wrinkles that could take teams awhile to figure out.

Hard to know what to think of New York. I feel like Saleh has done a pretty good job on the defense, which is obviously his specialty.

But he seems like Flores when it comes to the offense. Fairly clueless. Starting Wilson as a rookie said a lot when it was clear he wasn't ready.

The Jets have talent, though, so they could factor in.
been saying it for years, Saleh is a coordinator only.
Not head coaching material and his decision making on and off the field are indicting

I don’t think so.

Aaron Rodgers has taken four snaps since the end of 2022.

I know he’s an otherworldly talent, but can you tell me of ANYONE who is trying to come back from what he has at his age?

I don’t think so.

Aaron Rodgers has taken four snaps since the end of 2022.

I know he’s an otherworldly talent, but can you tell me of ANYONE who is trying to come back from what he has at his age?

He was bad his last season in Green Bay too. I don't see the Rodgers hype.

Jets are garbage. The league and the media can't just will a team into being a contender, no matter how much they want it to be true.
The Jets have an established good Defense and are effectively replacing the worst NFL starting QB (Zach Wilson) with one of the best (Aaron Rodgers), albeit he's coming off a serious injury and is 40 years old. They have also significantly improved their O-line through free agency and the Draft (to protect their QB) and have a terrific young RB in Breece Hall. I'm a one-eyed Miami Dolphin fan but to dismiss the Jets as garbage is ridiculous. They are probably our most serious rival for the division.

Bills are the most intriguing to me. They’ve lost so much talent.

I’ll be honest if they somehow manage to win the Division again I’d be very very impressed.

I think New England will be better than most expect. Getting rid of guys like Belichick and Mac Jones is the equivalent of taking a giant dump with respect to morale. They probably won’t contend but I don’t see them as an automatic W either.

Both the Jets and Bills could easily implode. The Bills have had so many disappointments recently and have lost so much talent. If things go bad early I could see the team turning on McDermott. The Jets are poorly coached and injury prone but if they commit to running the ball more they could be a big problem.

Josh Allen gets a lot of accolades, and rightfully so, but this Bills team seems like it will be the weakest in years. They were terrible in stretches last year and don't seem as near as good this year, so if Josh Allen gets them the division this year, we'll have to crown his a**

From my vantage point, it's shaping up to be a three team race in the AFC East. On paper, the New York Jets probably made the biggest strides in the offseason. A healthy Aaron Rodgers is obviously potentially huge for New York, which received awful quarterback play a year ago, but also had one of the better defenses.

The Buffalo Bills still have to be considered the team to beat, but they had some key losses including Stefon Diggs and Jordan Poyer.

The Miami Dolphins lost Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt and Andrew Van Ginkel, but still could win the division if the team can stay healthier.

Here's a brief look at the offseason for these three teams.

Jets
According to ESPN, the New York Jets' top three free agents in 2024 are:
  • Mike Williams: WR
  • Javon Kinlaw: DT
  • Tyrod Taylor: QB

Full List of New York Jets Draft Picks By Round

• Round 1, Pick 11 (from MIN)
    Olu Fashanu, OT | Penn State
  • Round 3, Pick 65 (from CAR)
    Malachi Corley, WR | Western Kentucky
  • Round 4, Pick 134 (from BAL)
    Braelon Allen, RB | Wisconsin
  • Round 5, Pick 171 (from PHI)
    Jordan Travis, QB | Florida State
  • Round 5, Pick 173 (from KC)
    Isaiah Davis, RB | South Dakota State
  • Round 5, Pick 176 (from SF)
    Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB | Toronto
  • Round 7, Pick 257 (Compensatory)
    Jaylen Key, DB | Alabama
Bills

Buffalo Bills Free Agents, 2024

• Curtis Samuel.
  • Mitchell Trubisky.

Full List of Bills Draft Picks By Round In 2024

• Round 2, Pick 33 (from CAR)
    Keon Coleman, WR | Florida State
  • Round 2, Pick 60
    Cole Bishop, S | Utah
  • Round 3, Pick 95 (from KC)
    DeWayne Carter, DT | Duke
  • Round 4, Pick 128
    Ray Davis, RB | Kentucky
  • Round 5, Pick 141 (from CAR through NYG)
    Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C | Georgia
  • Round 5, Pick 160 (from GB)
    Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB | Washington
  • Round 5, Pick 168 (from GB through NO)
    Javon Solomon, EDGE | Troy
  • Round 6, Pick 204
    Tylan Grable, OT | UCF
  • Round 6, Pick 219 (from GB)
    Daequan Hardy, CB | Penn State
  • Round 7, Pick 221 (from KC through TEN, CAR)
    Travis Clayton, G | England
Dolphins

According to sharpfootballanalysis.com, the Miami Dolphins' top three free agents in 2024 are Jordyn Brooks, Aaron Brewer, and Kendall Fuller.

List of Dolphins Picks by Round In 2024

Making improvements are fine but Aaron Rodgers is old so get to him early and chase him out of town.
Buffalo seems to be the Weakest on paper but are still the champs until some team replaces them.
Miami will be the most explosive team early on need to win early and often.

From my vantage point, it's shaping up to be a three team race in the AFC East. On paper, the New York Jets probably made the biggest strides in the offseason. A healthy Aaron Rodgers is obviously potentially huge for New York, which received awful quarterback play a year ago, but also had one of the better defenses.

The Buffalo Bills still have to be considered the team to beat, but they had some key losses including Stefon Diggs and Jordan Poyer.

The Miami Dolphins lost Christian Wilkins, Robert Hunt and Andrew Van Ginkel, but still could win the division if the team can stay healthier.

Here's a brief look at the offseason for these three teams.

Jets
According to ESPN, the New York Jets' top three free agents in 2024 are:
  • Mike Williams: WR
  • Javon Kinlaw: DT
  • Tyrod Taylor: QB

Full List of New York Jets Draft Picks By Round

• Round 1, Pick 11 (from MIN)
    Olu Fashanu, OT | Penn State
  • Round 3, Pick 65 (from CAR)
    Malachi Corley, WR | Western Kentucky
  • Round 4, Pick 134 (from BAL)
    Braelon Allen, RB | Wisconsin
  • Round 5, Pick 171 (from PHI)
    Jordan Travis, QB | Florida State
  • Round 5, Pick 173 (from KC)
    Isaiah Davis, RB | South Dakota State
  • Round 5, Pick 176 (from SF)
    Qwan’tez Stiggers, CB | Toronto
  • Round 7, Pick 257 (Compensatory)
    Jaylen Key, DB | Alabama
Bills

Buffalo Bills Free Agents, 2024

• Curtis Samuel.
  • Mitchell Trubisky.

Full List of Bills Draft Picks By Round In 2024

• Round 2, Pick 33 (from CAR)
    Keon Coleman, WR | Florida State
  • Round 2, Pick 60
    Cole Bishop, S | Utah
  • Round 3, Pick 95 (from KC)
    DeWayne Carter, DT | Duke
  • Round 4, Pick 128
    Ray Davis, RB | Kentucky
  • Round 5, Pick 141 (from CAR through NYG)
    Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C | Georgia
  • Round 5, Pick 160 (from GB)
    Edefuan Ulofoshio, LB | Washington
  • Round 5, Pick 168 (from GB through NO)
    Javon Solomon, EDGE | Troy
  • Round 6, Pick 204
    Tylan Grable, OT | UCF
  • Round 6, Pick 219 (from GB)
    Daequan Hardy, CB | Penn State
  • Round 7, Pick 221 (from KC through TEN, CAR)
    Travis Clayton, G | England
Dolphins

According to sharpfootballanalysis.com, the Miami Dolphins' top three free agents in 2024 are Jordyn Brooks, Aaron Brewer, and Kendall Fuller.

List of Dolphins Picks by Round In 2024

Until another team proves it, the Bills own the division. I think it's Fins and Jets with us being noticeably better. But truly an opinion and before the season thoughts.

Its the bills division untill poven otherwise. Jets and dolphins are in a battle for the second spot. Thats where the real race is

Back
Top Bottom