Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
I'm not about to give away my research just because but I'm willing to bet Malik will have a better rookie season than Keon.

Any takers?

Last edited:
I believe Washington has an opportunity to be an excellent WR for the Dolphins but as long as Hill and Waddle remain healthy, he isn’t going to get nearly the opportunities in the passing game as Coleman will in Buffalo.

Coleman is already listed as a starting WR on Buffalo’s pre season depth chart while Malik is listed behind Berrios
on the Dolphins depth chart.

While obviously Malik could move ahead of Berrios as the season progresses. Coleman will likely be no worst than the 2nd WR for the Bills and because of this Allen will likely be looking to throw to him more than Tua will be looking to throw to Washington.

This doesn’t mean I don’t think Washington can be every bit as good as Coleman. Allen just doesn’t have a Hill or Waddle to throw the ball to while Tua does.

I wouldnt take that bet

But talk to us about what you’re thinking ?
First off, he's miscast in Buffalo. Curtis Samuel and Shakir are almost slot exclusive, thus Keon is almost a lock to play outside and I don't think he can consistently win there.

Yeah, he's tall but I don't see as much materialized contested catch ability as some hope he'll display in the NFL.

His deep speed is poor, his route running is meh, his ball tracking is also not great.

He is great getting off the LOS and his body control and fluidity allow him to get open quick but he'll seriously struggle getting open past 10 yards.

His best asset currently is his play with the ball on his hands but that's also Samuel's and Shakir's meal ticket.

He's best suited as a big slot/H-Back type and he won't get a chance to play that role when they desperately need him on the outside.

There are many more reasons but that's my #1. He's not who everone hopes he is.

Not to discredit his strengths or accomplishments. I would have like him here playing the slot but I don't think he can win outside against NFL corners.

I believe Washington has an opportunity to be an excellent WR for the Dolphins but as long as Hill and Waddle remain healthy, he isn’t going to get nearly the opportunities in the passing game as Coleman will in Buffalo.

Coleman is already listed as a starting WR on Buffalo’s pre season depth chart while Malik is listed behind Berrios

While obviously Malik could move ahead of Berrios as the season progresses. Coleman will likely be no worst than the 2nd WR for the Bills and because of this Allen will likely be looking to throw to him more than Tua will be looking to throw to Washington.

This doesn’t mean I don’t think Washington can be every bit as good as Coleman. Allen just doesn’t have a Hill or Waddle to throw the ball to while Tua does.
This.

If I had a farm, id bet it.

First off, he's miscast in Buffalo. Curtis Samuel and Shakir are almost slot exclusive, thus Keon is almost a lock to play outside and I don't think he can consistently win there.

Yeah, he's tall but I don't see as much materialized contested catch ability as some hope he'll display in the NFL.

His deep speed is poor, his route running is meh, his ball tracking is also not great.

He is great getting off the LOS and his body control and fluidity allow him to get open quick but he'll seriously struggle getting open past 10 yards.

His best asset currently is his play with the ball on his hands but that's also Samuel's and Shakir's meal ticket.

He's best suited as a big slot/H-Back type and he won't get a chance to play that role when they desperately need him on the outside.

There are many more reasons but that's my #1. He's not who everone hopes he is.

Not to discredit his strengths or accomplishments. I would have like him here playing the slot but I don't think he can win outside against NFL corners.
I like this kind of party :)

**** the bills :)

I too thought it was a bizarre scenario and player they dictated by trading down and selected the player

What about Kincaid, their running game and Josh keeping it?

Do you think Berrios or anyone else will beat Malik?

Based on McD's call I think Malik will have every chance to displace Berrios, Cracraft et al.

Last edited:
River is an ordinary WR, but on this team he's a glue guy, always in the right place, good blocker, makes catches, plays bigger than 6'0" 190...but ideally he's your 5th or 6th if he is all that's mentioned above.

Malik starts the season at 4, but by mid-season I believe he will have already moved to WR3, unless an OBJ or Chark have been signed, than he'd be WR4. Tahj will allow Miami to move on from Braxton.

What about Kincaid, their running game and Josh keeping it?

Do you think Berrios or anyone else will beat Malik?

Based on McD's call I think Malik will have every chance to displace Berrios, Cracraft et al.
Depends on how smart he is.

Many WRs struggle to learn our playbook. He will get some snaps, but I dont think he will have much production this year.

Depends on how smart he is.

Many WRs struggle to learn our playbook. He will get some snaps, but I dont think he will have much production this year.

He's already our smartest offensive player. Psych degree from Northwestern plus a professional license from NU, in 4 years, as well as a masters at UVA which is a very academic institution itself but not on Northwesterns level...I'm sure a playbook isn't going to hold him back.

I would change the title to career and not rookie season fwiw, that’s more impactful anyways
I do think Keon has a lot of potential if he learns to track the ball better, time his jump, be more physical at the top of routes and with the ball in the air.

Or if he simply gets to play the slot while he develops those traits, which probably won't happen in his first season since the Bills will probably force him on the boundary 'till he fails.

I'm not sure I would make that bet when he has such a high ceiling.

Malik is a lot better now as both their stats in the same ACC conference show but if coached properly Keon has a lot of potential as long as he's humble enough to take criticism of his current skill set.

Get real, Sunshine! Keon Coleman is Stefon Diggs' replacement and will probably get over 3X the number of targets that Malik Washington will get. I hope that Malik is a glorious success but we also have Tyreek, Waddle and a good running game.

I like this kind of party :)

**** the bills :)

I too thought it was a bizarre scenario and player they dictated by trading down and selected the player
I think this says a lot of what Joe Brady, Beane and McDermott think of Josh's ability to find burners deep.

All their targets are more zone beaters that get to their landmarks and sit tight or become available off-script when Josh is scrambling, extending and playing hero ball.

They didn't want Worthy.

Get real. Keon Coleman is Stephon Diggs' replacement and will probably get 3X the number of targets that Malik Washington will get. I hope that Malik is a glorious success but we also have Tyreek, Waddle and a good running game.
$10 donation? I'm a broke mexican in Mexico and I'll make that bet.

Diggs's replacement is Samuel. Coleman is Davis's.

Back
Top Bottom