Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keon Coleman vs Malik Washington

I ponder how Keon Coleman might compare to DVP...
DVP ran a 4.41-4.44 so two whole tenths faster.

DVP was the 3rd receiver taken in his draft, Coleman was the 8th, and while "soft" had a much better attitude.

It really bothers me that Coleman already has made money off NILs as his chain and diamond #4 pendant show.

I don't think he's as good a competitor after bailing on Mich St and doing so while acting scorned. "Two year sentence" and other negative comments really ring alarms for me.

It also bothers me that even in his best games he showed lack of effort and inconsistency on multiple plays.

He lost track of the ball, dropped it, was out-muscled and boxed out for an interception behind the LOS, all on his marquee game against LSU.

He attended poor academic schools, I haven't been able to find what he majored on and speaks and moves more like a rapper than a football player.

I have no doubt he'd throw his QB, coaches and anyone under the bus before taking some accountability and work on his game.

He never had a 1000+ yd or 100+ catch season, yet he's been led to believe he's this world beater.

DVP had twice as many catches and yards while increasingly playing against better competition since Louisville changed conferences twice and was on his way to shatter all records in college football in his last season in the ACC had he not gotten injured and played only 6 games.

Don't get me wrong, Coleman is also not much healthier. DVP broke his foot. Coleman had an inguinal hip tear.

Last edited:
I'm not about to give away my reasearch
Sally Kohn Grammar GIF by The Opposite of Hate

First off, he's miscast in Buffalo. Curtis Samuel and Shakir are almost slot exclusive, thus Keon is almost a lock to play outside and I don't think he can consistently win there.

Yeah, he's tall but I don't see as much materialized contested catch ability as some hope he'll display in the NFL.

His deep speed is poor, his route running is meh, his ball tracking is also not great.

He is great getting off the LOS and his body control and fluidity allow him to get open quick but he'll seriously struggle getting open past 10 yards.

His best asset currently is his play with the ball on his hands but that's also Samuel's and Shakir's meal ticket.

He's best suited as a big slot/H-Back type and he won't get a chance to play that role when they desperately need him on the outside.

There are many more reasons but that's my #1. He's not who everone hopes he is.

Not to discredit his strengths or accomplishments. I would have like him here playing the slot but I don't think he can win outside against NFL corners.
To your point, I think he'll win the way Oronde Gadsden did in Miami. Coleman will rarely really be open in NFL, but can go up and get the jump balls.

I did like Coleman, by the way, but not as high as Buffalo took him. I think Allen needs someone more like Diggs, who easily gets open. Ironically, Worthy could have been that player.

I'm not about to give away my reasearch just because but I'm willing to bet Malik will have a better rookie season than Keon.

Any takers?
Not a prayer I'd take that bet. I've been watching stuff on him for the past few days.

My non-expert takeaway so far is, I think his football intellect is above what a rookie usually brings. I fully believe he will take to McD's system VERY quickly, and he has all the tools to make a direct impact on the Dolphins' 2024 campaign and forward. Can't wait to see what he does against the Bills and the deployments they like to do on defense with the LBs/DBs.

Day 1 starter @ slot...that's my bet.

Coleman will be wide open and Josh will see a hole and try run for 20. This will happen more times than Coleman and Malik catch passes.

To your point, I think he'll win the way Oronde Gadsden did in Miami. Coleman will rarely really be open in NFL, but can go up and get the jump balls.

I did like Coleman, by the way, but not as high as Buffalo took him. I think Allen needs someone more like Diggs, who easily gets open. Ironically, Worthy could have been that player.
I’m still holding out hope for a Ezukanma sighting

I think everyone is sleeping on Keon Coleman. As soon as Diggs was traded I had this sinking feeling that he would be a Bill and I hate it. I think he’s the perfect replacement for Diggs. You know who also had a 4.6 40 time? Allen Robinson. They both aren’t burners, but play faster than 4.6. I can guarantee you that. It’s amazing what 6 months time can do. Once viewed as debatably the #2 wr in the class. All it took was his QB going down and a bad 40. I’d be more worried about his personality and work ethic than talent.

DVP ran a 4.41-4.44 so two whole tenths faster.

DVP was the 3rd receiver taken in his draft, Coleman was the 8th, and while "soft" had a much better attitude.

It really bothers me that Coleman already has made money off NILs as his chain and diamond #4 pendant show.

I don't think he's as good a competitor after bailing on Mich St and doing so while acting scorned. "Two year sentence" and other negative comments really ring alarms for me.

It also bothers me that even in his best games he showed lack of effort and inconsistency on multiple plays.

He lost track of the ball, dropped it, was out-muscled and boxed out for an interception behind the LOS, all on his marquee game against LSU.

He attended poor academic schools, I haven't been able to find what he majored on and speaks and moves more like a rapper than a football player.

I have no doubt he'd throw his QB, coaches and anyone under the bus before taking some accountability and work on his game.

He never had a 1000+ yd or 100+ catch season, yet he's been led to believe he's this world beater.

DVP had twice as many catches and yards while increasingly playing against better competition since Louisville changed conferences twice and was on his way to shatter all records in college football in his last season in the ACC had he not gotten injured and played only 6 games.

Don't get me wrong, Coleman is also not much healthier. DVP broke his foot. Coleman had an inguinal hip tear.
I really have no idea how you consider Michigan State and FSU POOR academic schools. They are both rated in the top 30 public universities in the United States.

In fact only 25% of high school students who apply to attend FSU are accepted.

Back
Top Bottom