Late Season Odds for the Miami Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late Season Odds for the Miami Dolphins

3rd best team according to Vegas....

Sad The Office GIF

Why in the eff would I bet 20,000 just win win a measly 100 dollars??? That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Anyone who does that is a damn idiot
.5% is about the returns you'd get in a savings account... I mean, if you think it's a 99% certainty and they price it at 96%, it's a good bet.

.5% is about the returns you'd get in a savings account... I mean, if you think it's a 99% certainty and they price it at 96%, it's a good bet.
No... its not. I'm not taking the chance to lose 20k when there's only 100 in winnings. Dude, are you serious?

**** no. Again, why would I risk 20 grand just to win 100 dollars. Do you not understand what your losing if you lose?

You realize if the sun doesn't rise tomorrow, 20 grand isn't going to mean much.....
That's a stupid analogy. We are talking about sports, football. Where it's not un heard of for a 0-8 team to beat an undefeated team any given time. I mean, if you guys want to risk losing 20k to only win 100 bucks... more power to ya. I guess you've done good things in life to be able to risk that much.

That's a stupid analogy. We are talking about sports, football. Where it's not un heard of for a 0-8 team to beat an undefeated team any given time. I mean, if you guys want to risk losing 20k to only win 100 bucks... more power to ya. I guess you've done good things in life to be able to risk that much.
We are talking about betting lines. The number is what it is precisely because the odds makers do not want action on that side of the bet.

Look at it from their perspective. They aren't idiots either.

We are talking about betting lines. The number is what it is precisely because the odds makers do not want action on that side of the bet.

Look at it from their perspective. They aren't idiots either.
I get that. But this is exactly how people get into trouble with bookies!

I get that. But this is exactly how people get into trouble with bookies!
People's whole retirement plans are invested in the stock market for 3-5% returns... Same thing, they're betting 100k to win 3-5k on a yearly basis(fungers crossed)... your whole life is designed around decisons on risk reward propositons...

They're screwing you guys up there! 1.51% here. You should move 8)

So, we’re barely favored against the Cowboys at home? Interesting.
That line will move as that game gets closer. They don't really put out the real spreads that far in advance. It's more of a default spread (home team automatically gets 1.5)

People's whole retirement plans are invested in the stock market for 3-5% returns... Same thing, they're betting 100k to win 3-5k on a yearly basis(fungers crossed)... your whole life is designed around decisons on risk reward propositons...
Wrong. Its not the same thing. Retirement plans are mostly diversified unless the person specifically puts all their eggs in one basket. Again, I'm not risking 20k to win 100 bucks. Just stupid. Stop already

Back
Top Bottom