McDaniel's call with Malik Washington | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel's call with Malik Washington

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

200.gif

Happy Love It GIF by MultiStory Media

Sounds like McDaniel wanted him. I'm sure Wes Welker played a role as well.

I definitely agree that there should be an opportunity for Washington.
McDaniel was bitching to Grier about Washington, just like I was bitching on here about him.

Just wait until you guys see him catch a 5 yard out, stuff-arm the guy covering him, truck through the safety and break a 50 yard play.

He brings a new element to our offense. Hes small but he plays like hes 10 feet tall.

Season 2 Football GIF by The Office

I am hoping both of the Washingtons make the roster. They both do something I value very highly in wide receivers--they catch the ball and hold onto it even amidst contact. With few targets available for the 3-5 receivers it is critical to have guys in those spots that make the most of what they are given. Incidentally Berrios also converts targets to catches at a very high rate. EZ has his work cut out for him to make the active roster...

Tahj does a great job of finding the soft spot in the coverage and is physical with ball in his hands. Even with average athleticism he makes the first man miss every time.

Malik is so quick in and out of breaks and cuts. Great hands, looks like a leaper who could win 50/50 balls even though he's short, he did it alot last year, with below average qb play.

I don't expect a lot from either in their rookie seasons, but will be good pro's rounding out the WR core. I do think by mid-season Malik will be ahead of Berrios, and depending if we add a vet or not could be WR3 by seasons end. That's incredible value on a 6th round contract.

On a tangent, I was watching a PC on YouTube (this past weekend) w/ McD & CG talking about one of the picks (Paul or Wright).

Mike & Chris give off an Odd Couple vibe IMO.

Tahj does a great job of finding the soft spot in the coverage and is physical with ball in his hands. Even with average athleticism he makes the first man miss every time.

Malik is so quick in and out of breaks and cuts. Great hands, looks like a leaper who could win 50/50 balls even though he's short, he did it alot last year, with below average qb play.

I don't expect a lot from either in their rookie seasons, but will be good pro's rounding out the WR core. I do think by mid-season Malik will be ahead of Berrios, and depending if we add a vet or not could be WR3 by seasons end. That's incredible value on a 6th round contract.
Cracraft is done in Miami, now they go after Berrios.

I suspect that EZ is safer... he brings a different skill set to the table-- unless...

He's in trouble if we sign a bigger vet reciever. If we sign OBJ or Chark... EZ is in serious jeopardy.

Quick edit: OBJ isnt really a large reciever, but he'd take over the routes that EZ might hope to run.

Cracraft is done in Miami, now they go after Berrios.

I suspect that EZ is safer... he brings a different skill set to the table-- unless...

He's in trouble if we sign a bigger vet reciever. If we sign OBJ or Chark... EZ is in serious jeopardy.

I don't believe River is done, I think he makes it over EZ and Berrios first. He's a McD guy, always is in the right spot, always catches the ball, is a sound blocker, and is not expensive and offers some size to our wr core. Albeit 6'0" 190 isn't really all that big, but he's played bigger than any of our receivers since he got here with the lone exception of Sheffield.

Chark could be a solid size/speed addition and that could change things.

I think the Washington's put Berrios role in jeopardy. He didn't really produce after week 6, and his fair catches didn't improve special teams, might as well save $3 million.

Do we keep both Washington's on the 53? If so, EZ and Berrios would be gone imo.

I don't believe River is done, I think he makes it over EZ and Berrios first. He's a McD guy, always is in the right spot, always catches the ball, is a sound blocker, and is not expensive and offers some size to our wr core. Albeit 6'0" 190 isn't really all that big, but he's played bigger than any of our receivers since he got here with the lone exception of Sheffield.

Chark could be a solid size/speed addition and that could change things.

I think the Washington's put Berrios role in jeopardy. He didn't really produce after week 6, and his fair catches didn't improve special teams, might as well save $3 million.

Do we keep both Washington's on the 53? If so, EZ and Berrios would be gone imo.

Cracraft is going to be 30 this year and has 25 receptions... in his entire career. I understand liking him... but at what point do you acknowledge that his ceiling is probably as a WR6 and move on?

He blocks well and is a gamer, but do you think anyone would claim him when we waive him. Honestly... I just can't see it.
More likely, we could cut him three or four times and he could bounce back and forth on the PS if he wants one more year.

Hill, Waddle, and Washington1 are absolute locks (if they are healthy). I think Berrios is as well. (His 10.2 yards/punt return was actually 10th in the NFL).

EZ is 24.
Tahj will be 23.

Unless someone gets traded (possible) or one of the above gets injured... that makes 6. If we sign a FA, then Cracraft becomes number 8.

I'll be shocked... SHOCKED if he sticks without a couple camp injuries, but luck to him, he seems like a hard working guy.

McDaniel was bitching to Grier about Washington, just like I was bitching on here about him.

Just wait until you guys see him catch a 5 yard out, stuff-arm the guy covering him, truck through the safety and break a 50 yard play.

He brings a new element to our offense. Hes small but he plays like hes 10 feet tall.

Season 2 Football GIF by The Office
Can we sign this wild paper salesman for goal line runs??

Cracraft is going to be 30 this year and has 25 receptions... in his entire career. I understand liking him... but at what point do you acknowledge that his ceiling is probably as a WR6 and move on?

He blocks well and is a gamer, but do you think anyone would claim him when we waive him. Honestly... I just can't see it.
More likely, we could cut him three or four times and he could bounce back and forth on the PS if he wants one more year.

Hill, Waddle, and Washington1 are absolute locks (if they are healthy). I think Berrios is as well. (His 10.2 yards/punt return was actually 10th in the NFL).

EZ is 24.
Tahj will be 23.

Unless someone gets traded (possible) or one of the above gets injured... that makes 6. If we sign a FA, then Cracraft becomes number 8.

I'll be shocked... SHOCKED if he sticks without a couple camp injuries, but luck to him, he seems like a hard working guy.
I thought the same. But cracraft can play all three spots as a wide out. He probably will be practice at least and then get called up numerous times. We don’t have receivers that can play multiple roles like him.

I thought the same. But cracraft can play all three spots as a wide out. He probably will be practice at least and then get called up numerous times. We don’t have receivers that can play multiple roles like him.
Yea, that's gotta be the plan.

Before the draft I wanted Washington to be our slot WR. I'm still shocked he fell so far in the draft.

Hes gonna be one of those guys who gets mentioned in 10 yrs from now, as one of those players that slid bc he was too short, even tho it's totally obvious he can play.

It sounds funny but Washington and Wright might be the 2 rookies to make the biggest impact next year.

Chop is a complete wildcard in my eyes. He has a high ceiling, everyone says that, but maybe we should talk a bit about how low his floor might be.

I know media wants to say that Paul needs time to sit, but in reality he's probably a good enough pass protector already to play, he just needs to get better at run blocking. Paul might suprise some ppl and steal Lamms LT 2 spot.

Yea, that's gotta be the plan.

Before the draft I wanted Washington to be our slot WR. I'm still shocked he fell so far in the draft.

Hes gonna be one of those guys who gets mentioned in 10 yrs from now, as one of those players that slid bc he was too short, even tho it's totally obvious he can play.

It sounds funny but Washington and Wright might be the 2 rookies to make the biggest impact next year.

Chop is a complete wildcard in my eyes. He has a high ceiling, everyone says that, but maybe we should talk a bit about how low his floor might be.

I know media wants to say that Paul needs time to sit, but in reality he's probably a good enough pass protector already to play, he just needs to get better at run blocking. Paul might suprise some ppl and steal Lamms LT 2 spot.
Agree with everything

Back
Top Bottom