Paul | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Paul

I'll say he's a diamond in the rough..and that's not an insult. His hand placement is awful, and he lets rushers get into his chest WAY too easy. That's not gonna work in the NFL.

That being said, he crushed it in college even with those bad habits. He cleans up those habits, and the sky is the limit. Love the pick, love the kid, and yeah, he's a diamond that will shine if he's polished and refined.
Think of him as a large gold nugget.
His value is based more on his size and less on his skill set.
His skill set can always improve more than his size ever will.
By the way, there were really not too many complaints about his skill set, just a weakness here and there.

Think of him as a large gold nugget.
His value is based more on his size and less on his skill set.
His skill set can always improve more than his size ever will.
By the way, there were really not too many complaints about his skill set, just a weakness here and there.
Unfortunately size means very little if you don’t have the skillset to utilize that size.

I see Paul as needing more development than Jackson needed when he came into the league. Yet Jackson was only 20 years old and had limited playing time in college.

Paul is basically the same age as Jackson now and he has 5 years of college experience behind him. I know we are all hoping that coaching will allow him to eventually develop a better skillset but enven if he does, I think it will be 3 or 4 years down the road.

I think they will likely have to use their first pick in the 2025 draft to find their replacement for Armstead. Because it won’t surprise me if Paul is never more than a backup caliber offensive lineman in the NFL.

There's really no way to say at the moment. That will be sorted out and evaluated in camp and preseason.

If one looks beyond this season when it's almost assured that both TA and Lamm will be done, is it such a bad thing to have an incumbent waiting in the wings, learning from very experienced players?
Exactly. So it makes no sense to declare Paul is 100% a 2025 pick. Implying he'll not see the field at all in 2024.

All the concern over the minutia of Paul's supposedly poor technique. I'm not one bit worried about Paul's technique. I look at the bottom line. Despite all his supposedly piss-poor flawed technique, he was the best pass-blocking OT in college football last season, from a results standpoint. When he does clean up these things that his physical dominance has allowed him to get by with, he'll be unstoppable.

The numbers for Paul as it pertains to pass blocking are great in college

Facing NFL caliber edge rushers every week is not in the same hemisphere than it was at Houston.

He’s got a lot of work to do to not be liability.

Hope it pays off

Instant starting LTs were off the board before the Dolphins picked in the first round. Paul is what they can afford--high ceiling and a year to learn.
Ya but Barton was on the board and he probably would have been an instant starter at one of the guard spots.

Back
Top Bottom