QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

QB Comparison: Tua vs Goff

Tua will get $50M+, so it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Tyreek will be here for two more years max, and Tua will (ideally) be here for 10+ years. He'll play with plenty of other receivers who are not named Tyreek.
Yep. Will Waddle be here? If so he’ll likely see at least 25 mil.

You give Tua 50 mil you won’t have him play with Tyreek because they’d account for 100 mil between the two of them. He’ll have to prove he can play without him.
No they wouldn't, not even close. Tyreek either restructures or gets cut in his final year, no way he sees that $56M cap hit year.

No they wouldn't, not even close. Tyreek either restructures or gets cut in his final year, no way he sees that $56M cap hit year.
I’m aware of that. Even if he restructures, how much less do you think he’d get from the original 56 mil hit? Even half is still 28 not including whatever Waddle gets if he stays.

IF the NFL QB pay scale made any sense Tua would be in the 7-10 range of highest paid.

But it doesn't.

But whatever he does get will eventually settle to that level as the rest of them catch up.

And Tyreek is not getting 50 million, that is just silly.

I’m aware of that. Even if he restructures, how much less do you think he’d get from the original 56 mil hit? Even half is still 28 not including whatever Waddle gets if he stays.
Tua's cap hit won't even likely be $50M in 2026. You basically just glossed nearly 10% of the team cap space by saying Tua and Hill would be taking up $100M in cap. I'd be surprised if it's more than $75M by that time.

IF the NFL QB pay scale made any sense Tua would be in the 7-10 range of highest paid.

But it doesn't.

But whatever he does get will eventually settle to that level as the rest of them catch up.

Same could be said for Jared Goff but salary cap goes up, player salaries go up. That's why it's best to get a deal done with your QB as early as you can if he's the guy you are going forward with. If Tua plays out this season and posts another 100 passer rating then you are probably looking at $60M per year instead.

I used Goff as a result of his signing. I think the guy is a better QB than Tua hands down. But, what do I know. I believe these QB salaries are way over-inflated as it stands.

I used Goff as a result of his signing. I think the guy is a better QB than Tua hands down. But, what do I know. I believe these QB salaries are way over-inflated as it stands.
Definitely agree on the 2nd point. Couldn't disagree more on the first. Goff is what Tua becomes if he doesn't show a clutch gene over the next couple seasons. He's the definition of a guy who gets carried to wins, does not carry teams to wins. People want to talk about his playoff record with the rams when the rams were McVay was saying in press conferences that Jon Wolford might start over him.
The Lions are a fun team, but Miami would have made the NFCCG last year as well if in the same position as the Lions.

That's interesting because Goff was sent to Detroit to die by McVay so he clearly didnt believe in him. Do you think he's the same QB without the best offensive line in football? Goff has been an absolutely amazing fit for the lions but the offensive line is the most important part of that team imo.

I think people severely underestimate how much of an impact Tuas quick strike has had at hiding bad oline play. Idk if Tua puts up the same numbers as Goff in detroit but I would not put any money on Goff playing better in miami than Tua has. I expect detroits offense to fall off quite a bit if they start losing offensive lineman to FA or injury, will be interesting to see.

But it doesn't.

Agree. I actually think the Goff comp is pretty good. Goff is a little hot and cold, but when he's on he's definitely a quarterback you can win with. I feel the same about Tua. He just has to finish stronger, which coincides (I believe) to the team staying healthier.

Back
Top Bottom