RB Jaylen Wright | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

RB Jaylen Wright

It doesn’t give any numbers about the likelihood that Wright will be good and worth the trade. If you think it does than it doesn’t say what you think it says.
I can’t with you. If you can’t see the numbers clearly posted in the article then I don’t know what else to say to you.

Zierlein had Wright as the #2 RB on his board... no one had Wright lower than three or four, and the middle of the second round is about where that level of RB comes off the board.

We STOLE Wright for a future three.

He's our starter by the beginning of 2025.
No he’s not. Achane isn’t going anywhere for a long time.

At best Wright and Achane split carries.

We didn’t steal anything. Tailbacks are a dime a dozen and you can find 1000 yard rushers in the 7th round. It’s the easiest position to get production from.

Again… I have no problem with the player… I have a problem trading away premium picks for a running back. The player will do fine but you don’t give away future premium picks for a running back.

For reference the Panthers done the same thing in round 2 for Jonathan Brooks. Being in company with the Panthers isn’t somewhere I think we need to be.

I would like to take the over on Wright rushing for 400 yards this season. 5 TDs seems about right unless injuries push him into the starting lineup. Wouldnt shock me if the Fins have 3 RBs with >1000 all purpose yards this season.
Interesting. I was thinking around 400 yards unless there are injuries.

I can’t with you. If you can’t see the numbers clearly posted in the article then I don’t know what else to say to you.

The numbers in the article are that much of the time (about 40%) trade ups do turn out well. Whether this one falls into that 40% depends on how good Wright turns out to be as a RB in this system. Barnwell has no clue about that and doesn’t even opine on it. He just says the Dolphins didn’t need a RB. I can only assume he believes that at 32 after an injury-plagued career Mostert will suddenly become an iron man for several more years. Seems unlikely.

We didn’t steal anything. Tailbacks are a dime a dozen and you can find 1000 yard rushers in the 7th round. It’s the easiest position to get production from.

Again… I have no problem with the player… I have a problem trading away premium picks for a running back. The player will do fine but you don’t give away future premium picks for a running back.

For reference the Panthers done the same thing in round 2 for Jonathan Brooks. Being in company with the Panthers isn’t somewhere I think we need to be.
Stop it...

There were like 5 more RBs taken right after Wright.

He was taken in the correct range.

Stop it...

There were like 5 more RBs taken right after Wright.

He was taken in the correct range.
Bro… with all respect and I sincerely mean it bc you’re a very good poster…

I’m not saying he wasn’t taken in the right range. I’m not saying the player won’t be good. I’m not even saying he won’t be our starter somewhere down the line…

I’m simply saying… I don’t agree with trading away a future premium pick (3rd rounder) for a tailback. That’s it.

The article link I posted was to show that more often than not… trade ups don’t work out for the team trading up. Around 60/40 that we won’t get back the value it cost us to acquire him.

That’s all I’m saying.

Once again just to be clear… I have ZERO problem with Jaylen Wright the player. My problem is trading up to get a tailback first and 2nd trading away future premium picks to do it.

Bc remember… it didn’t just cost us a future 3rd… it also cost us the 4th rounder we used to select him. The article points out that roughly theirs a 6/10 chance we won’t get the value in return from him of which we gave up to acquire him.

Again Fever… all respect bro sincerely.

I’m not saying he wasn’t taken in the right range. I’m not saying the player won’t be good. I’m not even saying he won’t be our starter somewhere down the line…

I’m simply saying… I don’t agree with trading away a future premium pick (3rd rounder) for a tailback. That’s it.

The article link I posted was to show that more often than not… trade ups don’t work out for the team trading up. Around 60/40 that we won’t get back the value it cost us to acquire him.

That’s all I’m saying.

Once again just to be clear… I have ZERO problem with Jaylen Wright the player. My problem is trading up to get a tailback first and 2nd trading away future premium picks to do it.

Bc remember… it didn’t just cost us a future 3rd… it also cost us the 4th rounder we used to select him. The article points out that roughly theirs a 6/10 chance we won’t get the value in return from him of which we gave up to acquire him.

That's some twisted logic right there. They used a fourth rounder they never had in the first place. They exchanged one pick for another. They didn't use two picks like you are implying.

That’s all I’m saying.

I get what you are saying and I see your opinion is that the RB position isnt a position that should be drafted early...but I disagree with your analysis of the RB position. You don't easily find RW, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith and the like in the 7th round. You don't have to spend a 1 necessarily to get a top RB nowadays but you shouldn't wait for the end or UDFA to find one either if you are looking for more than just depth. If you hit on one that's special that late, great but your odds are significantly reduced. It's like saying why draft QBs early when you can find a Tom Brady in the 6th.

Now, if you mean that the league has turned into a passing league and so RBs aren't what they used to be ...perhaps but only to an extent.

Certain people value certain positions more highly than others.

You have to gauge the importance of a position to the scheme a team plays, Miami has a specific skill set they look for at RB. So there might only be 2 or 3 players on their board that fit that mold.
On the flip side they feel that they can get away with inferior athletes at the Guard position because of the scheme and they can get away with cheaper FA's and UDFA's in their system.

So you would be ok with them using that pick next year on a RB? Keep in mind, by them using the pick this year gives him a year to learn the system which is supposed to be complicated to learn. So if you're ok with them using a 3rd next year on a RB, then consider him next years 3rd rd RB with a years experience in the system.

Back
Top Bottom