Reactions/Meltdowns of other fanbases & Patriots turned down WHAT for the #3 Pick. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Reactions/Meltdowns of other fanbases & Patriots turned down WHAT for the #3 Pick.

Now you bring politics into it.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from accountable for what you say. That's one reason we have Liable and Slander laws.

Think about that; it makes all the sense in the world. - LOL

Last edited:
Never cared for Mayes and he Mayes prove me wrong

Let me start off by saying I thought Maye's combo of bad throwing motion and awful footwork made him a late 1st round prospect.

I would have taken Williams, Daniels, Penix before him.

That being said NE took him at #3.....

Reportedly the Giants offered the #6 pick and a 2025 1st round pick for #3.

AND the Vikings offered picks #11, #23 and a 2025 1st round pick.

Ryan Gosling Reaction GIF
Maye is so young and his issues are very very correctable. Sorry I would have turned down the offers as well

As a Dolphins fan, I love the Maye pick that the Patriots made.

Just saying....Maye's best season is basically what Mitch Trubisky did there.
I dont see it coming together for Maye in New England. I see the athleticism that @dolphinheel is talking about tho.

I know he gets compared to Josh Allen but there has been dozens of tall athletic QBs come into the league with major mechanical flaws and accuracy issues and only one (Josh Allen) actually developed into a great QB.

And Allen went to a very stable organization, away from a major Media Market. He had time to fail rather gracefully up in Buffalo his first 2 seasons. Maye will not have that luxury. The Boston media is very brutal and he will be expected to play very well right away.

I feel sorry for him in a way. A very large portion of the New England fans either grew up watching the excellence of Brady or hopped on the bandwagon becuase of Brady and their success. These fans don't understand that finding a QB is hard. They have delusional expectations and rightfully so, they have won like 25% of the Superbowls over the last 25 odd years.

Odds are stacked against him due to that roster too. They don't have much talent around him. Gonna make things even more difficult for him.

I dont see a bright future for him. If NE and NO were smart they would trade Maye for Penix. Penix is ready to start and doesn't need much polishing. Maye could really benefit from sitting a couple years.

He needs to miss the whole season, because he's in prison. Him and that college player in the other car

Also off topic, rumor has it Saban's daughter had an affair with some Bachelorette guy.
No gonna lie, I'm kinda surprised he's not in more legal trouble.

Amazing what money can do.
Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

Maye should have been taken first pick by the Bears. Pats got a steal and dodged a bullet by having the other 2 guys taken ahead of them.

I dont see it coming together for Maye in New England. I see the athleticism that @dolphinheel is talking about tho.

I know he gets compared to Josh Allen but there has been dozens of tall athletic QBs come into the league with major mechanical flaws and accuracy issues and only one (Josh Allen) actually developed into a great QB.

And Allen went to a very stable organization, away from a major Media Market. He had time to fail rather gracefully up in Buffalo his first 2 seasons. Maye will not have that luxury. The Boston media is very brutal and he will be expected to play very well right away.

I feel sorry for him in a way. A very large portion of the New England fans either grew up watching the excellence of Brady or hopped on the bandwagon becuase of Brady and their success. These fans don't understand that finding a QB is hard. They have delusional expectations and rightfully so, they have won like 25% of the Superbowls over the last 25 odd years.

Odds are stacked against him due to that roster too. They don't have much talent around him. Gonna make things even more difficult for him.

I dont see a bright future for him. If NE and NO were smart they would trade Maye for Penix. Penix is ready to start and doesn't need much polishing. Maye could really benefit from sitting a couple years.
We will revisit. As a Tar Heel alum I am pulling for the kid, but as a lifelong MD fan I hope he fails. I donā€™t think he will. He is 10x better than Mack Jones.

We will revisit. As a Tar Heel alum I am pulling for the kid, but as a lifelong MD fan I hope he fails. I donā€™t think he will. He is 10x better than Mack Jones.
Athletically it's like comparing
oops GIF

To this
yahoo dancing GIF

People forget how many questions there were about Justin Herbert when he came out.

He's been a FAR more polished pro QB than many thought he'd be. His accuracy and overall game impact is well beyond what I saw from him at Oregon. I imagined him struggling with consistency and being limited not unlike we saw from Tannehill in terms of overall upside and general ceiling.

If NE imagines Maye as a physical prospect combining many of the traits of Herbert & Allen and as someone who can polish his game like we've seen from those guys, I can understand the pick.

To that point, if you think there's real limitation in a QB's long-term development, I don't think you take him at all. The fact that other teams were offering NE good compensation shows there's faith in Maye as a long-term Pro.

Herbert was drafted to a team with a borderline HOF in Keenan Allen, mike Williams was the best #2 in football and Austin Ekeler is a top 20 all time receiving back who has something like 60 tds in the last 7 years. That goes a long way in looking good as a young player. Drake Maye has none of that and I also think heā€™s way behind Herbert coming out. Heā€™s closer to Allen however if Allen didnā€™t have Daboll to fix him, thereā€™s a very good chance he wouldnā€™t even be in the league anymore. Allenā€™s career could have went one or two ways. I donā€™t see a Daboll on the pats staff.

... The Patriots are in a similar position. They could be a more talented roster but the work does not stop with Maye. They'll have opportunities to improve what's around him.
But don't forget they have to do it without arguably the greatest coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick. The media assumption that the Patriots will bounce back is a likely misnomer.

Athletically it's like comparing
oops GIF

To this
yahoo dancing GIF
Like I said, I have seen EVERY game heā€™s played in his career and attended EVERY home game. I trust my eyes over whatever criteria you used. You will be very wrong, again, as you have been about most of your posts here, and I will be there to remind you. I hate the Patriots but love Drake Maye. Heā€™s going to be a problem for a long time.

Like I said, I have seen EVERY game heā€™s played in his career and attended EVERY home game. I trust my eyes over whatever criteria you used. You will be very wrong, again, as you have been about most of your posts here, and I will be there to remind you. I hate the Patriots but love Drake Maye. Heā€™s going to be a problem for a long time.
How are you gonna balance your love for Maye and hatred for NE?

Somethings gotta give. Especially if he becomes as good as you say, you might have to change your name from DolphinsHeel to PatsFaceTurn

Herbert was drafted to a team with a borderline HOF in Keenan Allen, mike Williams was the best #2 in football and Austin Ekeler is a top 20 all time receiving back who has something like 60 tds in the last 7 years. That goes a long way in looking good as a young player. Drake Maye has none of that and I also think heā€™s way behind Herbert coming out. Heā€™s closer to Allen however if Allen didnā€™t have Daboll to fix him, thereā€™s a very good chance he wouldnā€™t even be in the league anymore. Allenā€™s career could have went one or two ways. I donā€™t see a Daboll on the pats staff.

I agree totally but they will have their opportunities.

But don't forget they have to do it without arguably the greatest coach in NFL history, Bill Belichick. The media assumption that the Patriots will bounce back is a likely misnomer.

Belichick leaving is probably a good thing at this point, especially for the offense, right?

Back
Top Bottom