Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ryder breaks down Slot WR3 Malik Washington... He's going to impress!

It's true that height doesn't matter much in terms of fade success, but the fade is a crap play no matter who you use for it. The success rate on end zone fades is extremely low league-wide and, unfortunately, McD seems to be the biggest proponent.

League-wide the completion rate on end zone fades last year was 19.2%. The Dolphins completed 1 out of 7 (14.3%). I'd be happy to never see the Dolphins throw another one.
People can hate on the fade, but my point was that the idea that big WRs are automatically better at contested catches is simply not correct. For example, IIRC Malik was something like 65% on contested catches while Brian Thomas was 50%. The fantasy that we would be better at contested catches with Thomas b/c he's bigger is just that, a fantasy.

Telling Told You So GIF by Jo Koy

Told You Reaction GIF

People can hate on the fade, but my point was that the idea that big WRs are automatically better at contested catches is simply not correct. For example, IIRC Malik was something like 65% on contested catches while Brian Thomas was 50%. The fantasy that we would be better at contested catches with Thomas b/c he's bigger is just that, a fantasy.

I agree with that and said in my previous post that it wasn't about height.

Watching his games, he reminds me of Mark Clayton. Something about the way he jumps and lands with great body control. They were both fast 4.4s but not compared to Duper or Hill/Waddle. Similar in the way they fight for the ball in the air too. I keep going back and forth between him and Mo as my favorite picks. Clayton was the guy I always pretended to be as a kid when playing football so Malik has that edge.
I see some of that too, but Malik is very powerful on his RAC... I think he wins our WR3 Slot job

I see some of that too, but Malik is very powerful on his RAC... I think he wins our WR3 Slot job

He's just so much stronger and more dynamic than Berrios. I like Berrios; he's just never been very QB-friendly or dynamic as a receiver - very good return man. I don't think Miami has another PR on the roster.

But as a receiver, both Washingtons, and esp Malik, are more promising than Berrios. Seem like great guys who are going to maximize their talents, too.

Back
Top Bottom