The Eich Factor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Eich Factor

How was he a 2nd round pick? He has to have some ability. He will have his opportunity to play RG which he has said is his best position fit. Since this is the last year of his rookie contract, its sink or swim time for him.
At the risk of inducing fits of rage and apoplexy, I'll ask the question: is this not an opportune time to offer Eich an extension? Something like 3 years, $15mm. $5mm up front, 50% of the remainder guaranteed? Or is that too low even given his track record to date?

At the risk of inducing fits of rage and apoplexy, I'll ask the question: is this not an opportune time to offer Eich an extension? Something like 3 years, $15mm. $5mm up front, 50% of the remainder guaranteed? Or is that too low even given his track record to date?
I think he will improve like AJ did last season. He won’t be perfect, but he will be a pleasant surprise.

for those who want Eich cut, who'd be the backup center if he does?.....need to have an option there. he said before that RG is his best position and at this point I think he's the starting RG unless he gets beaten by someone in camp but even if that happens, it's hard to find a guy that can play anywhere along the line......last year he was on a walking boot after games and yet he'd play the next game which is more we can say for some of the other players we had.
I wish more people understood and appreciated this. We were desperate on the OL last year, and Eich was playing through serious injuries at a position he’d never played before (C) to keep us afloat. He stunk, yes, but he was gutting it out for the team.

I’m personally optimistic about his 2024. I think he’s going to start at RG and be rock solid. I doubt he’ll be winning any end-of-year accolades, but I think by Week 5 people are going to forget RG was such a big discussion point all offseason.

I hope you are correct about Eich. There must be a reason why Grier didn't make interior OL a priority. Barry must like the guys we have and feels they can develop further.

Jackson took a huge step forward in his game last season. So my hope is Eichenberg will do the same thing this coming season.

He has been moved around to different offensive line positions since being drafted by the Dolphins. Hopefully just being placed in one position and allowed to play there week after week Eich will become the player the Dolphins hoped he would be when they traded up to draft him.

I wish more people understood and appreciated this. We were desperate on the OL last year, and Eich was playing through serious injuries at a position he’d never played before (C) to keep us afloat. He stunk, yes, but he was gutting it out for the team.

I’m personally optimistic about his 2024. I think he’s going to start at RG and be rock solid. I doubt he’ll be winning any end-of-year accolades, but I think by Week 5 people are going to forget RG was such a big discussion point all offseason.
Eich was our backup center all year from camp on, he had taken snaps in practice the whole time. He's never played right guard before either, so there's that...

Rock solid based on what exactly? Hope? All signs and stats point toward the opposite.

Admire your guys' faith, but even Jackson flashed before he became solid. Eich hasn't shown any flashes at any position, it's a lost cause IMO. He's starting because Grier just doesn't want to invest draft capital in IOL, pure and simple.

Eich was our backup center all year from camp on, he had taken snaps in practice the whole time. He's never played right guard before either, so there's that...

Rock solid based on what exactly? Hope? All signs and stats point toward the opposite.

Admire your guys' faith, but even Jackson flashed before he became solid. Eich hasn't shown any flashes at any position, it's a lost cause IMO. He's starting because Grier just doesn't want to invest draft capital in IOL, pure and simple.
I really don’t think it’s because Grier doesn’t want to invest in the IOL position. I think he listens to McDaniel and the coaches and McDaniel and Barry obviously have more confidence in Eichenberg and the other interior offensive linemen on the team now than a lot of posters on here do.

Look up last year's snap counts...

Despite the walking boot during the season, Eichenberg had the second highest number of snaps among the linemen.

He gutted it out, even though I'm sure he knew he was playing at less than 100%. A lot of guys don't want to do that because it leads to bad film and lower offers.

If Eich wins the job over Driscoll, it'll partially be because he's shown the team that he's tough enough to keep going.

No I would not offer him a contract extension. He has a lot to prove this season.

Back
Top Bottom