The Guard Position | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Guard Position

Career low in grades in Denver in 2022. Not that pff is the end all be all just a solid baseline especially for olinemen. Would really have to dig into film which I don’t have time to do lol
His career low for pass blocking was last season with Minny.
2023 - 67.4
2022 - 72.6
2021 -73.6
2020 - 69.6
2019- 69.8
All are very much acceptable grades. Anything over 60.0 in PFF grades is.

In addition, Achane went wild between Williams and Wynn.
Do you have all the RB's YPC between the various gaps?

As Fineas pointed out, I think from that SIS website, Connor was key. When he was on the field, regardless of who the other 4 were, we averaged over 6 yards a carry. When he was out and Eich played C, we averaged 3.5.

Klein:
Dates: 03/26/24
Hand: 10 1/8 Arm: 34 1/4
Wingspan: 82 1/4

Height: 6037
Weight: 306
40 Yrd Dash: 5.33
20 Yrd Dash: 3.03
10 Yrd Dash: 1.89 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 25
Vertical Jump: 26 1/2
Broad Jump: 08'02"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.71
3-Cone Drill: 7.76

Meyer:
Dates: 03/26/24
Hand: 09 1/4 Arm: 32 5/8
Wingspan: 79 3/8

Height: 6033
Weight: 295
40 Yrd Dash: 5.08
20 Yrd Dash: 2.93
10 Yrd Dash: 1.77 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.63
3-Cone Drill: 8.03

His career low for pass blocking was last season with Minny.
2023 - 67.4
2022 - 72.6
2021 -73.6
2020 - 69.6
2019- 69.8
All are very much acceptable grades. Anything over 60.0 in PFF grades is.

Run blocking all in the 50’s think two seasons low 60’s. Rather van roten who has similar pass blocking grades throughout career and better run blocking.

Yes protecting Tua is important but scheme does that well with any semi competent linemen. We need to be able to run at will rather than running set up by pass.

Van Roten/Williams at mid season or stick with who we have would be my choice for oline.

Very good point! Didn't look at total number.

Appreciate the conversation

This, overall has been an interesting discussion.

On one side, it's being touted the 2.1 seconds of clean pocket time and the pass block win rate numbers.
But that gets overlooked because Miami is a fast paced offense and pass block win rate is irrelevant to this team.

The other side outs the low pressure and sack numbers.
But they overlook the fact that the quick release time and offense would naturally produce lower sack and pressure numbers.

I read, specifically with Eichenberg. Against the Jets and Raiders. He has no sacks, no QB hits and like 2 pressures if I read it right.

This video is a fun hi lite reel. It's includes about 25 plays or so in just the Jets game.

Plays of note are the 2 sacks of Tua and our fumble at the end of the hilites. Focusing specifically on Eichenerg.

When watching I wonder:
Does this show blocking of a guard who truly allowed no sacks/ hits and limited pressure due to his great or good play?
Or
Does this show the blocking of a Guard who's numbers benefitted from the scheme and quick release as opposed to his blocking.
Or
Some where in the middle. Enjoy

In addition, Achane went wild between Williams and Wyn

This, overall has been an interesting discussion.

On one side, it's being touted the 2.1 seconds of clean pocket time and the pass block win rate numbers.
But that gets overlooked because Miami is a fast paced offense and pass block win rate is irrelevant to this team.

The other side outs the low pressure and sack numbers.
But they overlook the fact that the quick release time and offense would naturally produce lower sack and pressure numbers.

I read, specifically with Eichenberg. Against the Jets and Raiders. He has no sacks, no QB hits and like 2 pressures if I read it right.

This video is a fun hi lite reel. It's includes about 25 plays or so in just the Jets game.

Plays of note are the 2 sacks of Tua and our fumble at the end of the hilites. Focusing specifically on Eichenerg.

When watching I wonder:
Does this show blocking of a guard who truly allowed no sacks/ hits and limited pressure due to his great or good play?
Or
Does this show the blocking of a Guard who's numbers benefitted from the scheme and quick release as opposed to his blocking.
Or
Some where in the middle. Enjoy

Are you suggesting that Eichenberg gave up either of those two sacks? Clearly not the case.

Nobody is suggesting that Eichenberg is an elite OG. Whether it's because of the system or otherwise really doesn't matter -- he plays in THIS system. If he can succeed in this system, and the offense can succeed with him, why would anyone care if he would be good in another system? The system is why major additional investment in OG makes no sense -- it is not necessary in this system. In this system, guys like Eich, Jones and Cotton can play a lot of snaps and the offense can still be no,.1 in total yards, no,. 2in points, no. 1 in passing yards, no, 1 in deep passing yards, no. 2 in intermediate passing yards, no. 1 in rush YPC, and No. 1 in rushing TDs.

I am not suggesting anything.

Why you so defensive?
You specified the two sacks. Eich didn't give up either of them. I was just asking if you were suggesting he did because otherwise I don't understand why you made specific reference to those plays.

You specified the two sacks. Eich didn't give up either of them. I was just asking if you were suggesting he did because otherwise I don't understand why you made specific reference to those plays.

So you clearly are on the side that the video showed the good side of his blocking.

The sacks were specified, because it was mentioned that he gave up no sacks in the 2 games.

So of course, the 2 plays where Tua was sacked would naturally be plays of focus. No?

So you clearly are on the side that the video showed the good side of his blocking.

The sacks were specified, because it was mentioned that he gave up no sacks in the 2 games.

So of course, the 2 plays where Tua was sacked would naturally be plays of focus. No?

Huh? Eich wasn't the one who gave up those sacks. That is clear.

I think he played fine in that game. PFF seems to agree, as they gave him an above-average grade. SIS also seems to agree because they charted 68 plays for Eich and gave him no blown blocks.

I guess you disagree. Why?

Huh? Eich wasn't the one who gave up those sacks. That is clear.

I think he played fine in that game. PFF seems ago agree, as they gave him an above-average grade. SIS also seems to agree because they charted 68 plays for Eich and gave him no blown blocks.

I guess you disagree. Why?

Never said I agree or disagree.

I stated 3 opinions. Good/ bad/ in between

I asked if the video provided shows good/bad or in between blocking.

I never stated an opinion.

As Fineas pointed out, I think from that SIS website, Connor was key. When he was on the field, regardless of who the other 4 were, we averaged over 6 yards a carry. When he was out and Eich played C, we averaged 3.5.
Conner was a stud in our run game no doubt.

Williams was terrific. But watch the 3-4 games where Achane was healthy, and Wynn was the LG. 14 yards per carry… Wynn out… nowhere near that produce, though Williams was still active. Maybe watch as opposed to asking me about figures?

Back
Top Bottom