Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

4 times just 4 times in all the years and honestly it could have easily been 80 points . 3 other teams got to play the Bronco`s twice and in 2 games didn`t put up anywhere near 70. Herbert managed to put 16 points up against them in 2 games and lost both . Mahomes split with them and managed to put up 28 points in BOTH . Hell even the The Great Josh Allen could only put up 22 on them and LOST !! If this team was as crappy as some in here say teams like the Chiefs and Bills should not be losing to them . Only in Miami would some fans be saying negative things about there team putting up 70 on another team .
To be fair, Tua didnt put up 70 points, he was on the bench the entire 4th quarter.

But I dont disagree with you here.

Grier has his job to do. Tua's agent has his.

To expect both sides to not try and leverage the best deal they can is naive.

Besides, we have no idea if this is even accurate.

Who said anything about teams shouldn't be expected to leverage the best deal they can?

Sounds like you really wanted an excuse to use the word naive lol.

I mean, wouldn't it be naive to think people won't have an opinion, good or bad or indifferent to A "rumor"

Of course we don't know how true it is or if it isn't true.

But does that mean we can't form an opinion on "if" it's true?

I really wouldn't mind an incentive based contract at all. especially at the QB position these days. It might actually be a great way to put a stop at the non-sense contracts being given out these days. That being said, this is all risk going towards the player's way and as such, these incentives being met should be reflected in how they are priced.

In other words, if Tua's fair price is between 47-52 per in a conventional contract, and him flopping the season has him getting paid in the high 30s, then if he nails it, he should make in the high 50s as a result. Im obviously oversimplifying it to get the point across but I don't hate the idea.

I really wouldn't mind an incentive based contract at all. especially at the QB position these days. It might actually be a great way to put a stop at the non-sense contracts being given out these days. That being said, this is all risk going towards the player way and as such, these incentives being met should be reflected in how they are priced.

In other words, if Tua's fair price is between 47-52 per in a conventional contract, and him flopping the season has him getting paid in the high 30s, then if he nails it, he should make in the high 50s as a result. Im obviously oversimplifying it to get the point across but I don't hate the idea.

Yeah, I typically like incentive based contracts as well.

In theory, the player gets what they earned and the team gets what they paid for.

However, an overachiever team would slaughter the salary cap the next season lol

I really wouldn't mind an incentive based contract at all. especially at the QB position these days. It might actually be a great way to put a stop at the non-sense contracts being given out these days. That being said, this is all risk going towards the player's way and as such, these incentives being met should be reflected in how they are priced.

These kinds contracts went bye-bye when the dumbass Browns gave Watson a quarter of a billion guaranteed.

Yeah, I typically like incentive based contracts as well.

In theory, the player gets what they earned and the team gets what they paid for.

However, an overachiever team would slaughter the salary cap the next season lol
Classic double edged sword. Gotta have locks in place. Keep the incentives to the vets and long shots who NEED to prove something. Tua doesn't really need to prove anything, just play as well as he should.

Feels like 5 years 54 per happening soon...

Last edited:

I would love this but I would think agents and players union do not. You do see this with older players, troubled ones, and oft-injured (not sure Tua's agent would agree he is "oft-injured"

Lol, this is kinda disrespectful.

Miami had one of the worst pass blocking lines in the league last year.
They require him to get the ball out in under 2.3 seconds
They do nothing to improve the pass blocking this off season.

Then want to protect themselves in case of injuries.

Kind of pathetic really
That’s an interesting take. The team is pathetic for wanting to protect itself from an oft injured player. By all means, take on all of the players risk for him right now, it wouldn’t be fair for him to carry that. Guaranty him huge money for 4 years and heh let’s hope for the best!

Back
Top Bottom