Tuas new look ! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuas new look !

Honest question, do you think that someone weighing an extra 10-15 pounds would prevent a broken finger, rolling an ankle, or tearing an acl or Achilles perhaps??
Honest question, why do scouts care about the physical makeup of players then?

Couldn't anyone, any size tear an ACL / Achilles / etc?

The sensitivity surrounding Tua is astounding.

I respect the kid, appreciate his ability to face down adversity, etc.

But that does not blind me to the data and film.

Was it a complete coincidence that the only fully healthy season he played in years happened to be when he was equipped to take the most punishment?

To my initial note, Tua slimming down CONCERNS me.

Argue semantics with your grandma...

He's Hawaiian in terms of that's where he grew up. Just as someone might be a New Yorker or Floridian because they live there or grew up there. In terms of heritage/culture, yes he's not Hawaiian he's Samoan. So when people say he's Hawaiian it sort of depends on the context. Just like you can be Cuban and a Floridian at the same time.

Try telling a Hawaiian that. 😂

A person who grew in Hawaii is a “local” or a person from Hawaii. That person is not a Hawaiian. Ask any Hawaiian or non-Hawaiian person from Hawaii.

Being Hawaiian carries significant legal consequences in Hawaii. See Homestead Act.

It is not a distinction to be taken lightly.

Honest question, why do scouts care about the physical makeup of players then?

Couldn't anyone, any size tear an ACL / Achilles / etc?

The sensitivity surrounding Tua is astounding.

I respect the kid, appreciate his ability to face down adversity, etc.

But that does not blind me to the data and film.

Was it a complete coincidence that the only fully healthy season he played in years happened to be when he was equipped to take the most punishment?

To my initial note, Tua slimming down CONCERNS me.

Argue semantics with your grandma...
So logic just goes out the window? Sure more mass can help with certain kinds of injuries. But not all. That shouldn’t be hard to grasp

Try telling a Hawaiian that. 😂

A person who grew in Hawaii is a “local” or a person from Hawaii. That person is not a Hawaiian. Ask any Hawaiian or non-Hawaiian person from Hawaii.

Being Hawaiian carries significant legal consequences in Hawaii. See Homestead Act.

It is not a distinction to be taken lightly.

Would surfer style or whats up dudesssssss been better? Like for real guys. 😂 🤷‍♂️

So logic just goes out the window? Sure more mass can help with certain kinds of injuries. But not all. That shouldn’t be hard to grasp
Exactly.

I'm going to just leave this here (i have many more)...and reiterate that the offensive line and how much he's going to scramble makes the actual difference...

Samoans and Hawaiians are both Polynesians and share a similar culture. Samoans are closely related to the native peoples of Hawaii, New Zealand, French Polynesia, and Tonga. The term "Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander" refers to people with origins in any of the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa, or other Pacific Islands.
Is that why when most samoans will tell you there's a difference. my mother is Samoan and will not expect anything less than being called that and she's also from Hawaii

Back
Top Bottom