who DID you want? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who DID you want?

Go on record. 1st 2 rounds only. Didn't want Chop or Paul? who would you have selected? Not a position. Give a name.
For me? I'm already on record for a few years. I don't follow individual prospects. All I ever want is a position of need and no reaching.

(Actually, I don't expect many to go on record until November).
I’m cool with their choices with the caveat that they add another Guard/Center in FA. Two premium position players that have potentially the highest ceilings (even if their floors are a bit lower) is a smart call. Chop will get meaningful snaps in rotation at an important premium position of need, and Paul can have his technique stripped down and be completely rebuilt and hopefully game worthy at some point in the season in case we need him, but hopefully ready to rock next year and step in at either of the tackle positions in that AJ may be able to play on either side by then as well. You can’t coach his size and arm length, but you can coach his balance, leverage, hands, etc. so he has a chance to be real special. He sounds super intelligent and ready to work, so I’m optimistic. Plus Armstead/McDaniel/Butch Davis should really be able to bring him along quite nicely.

Then when we move on from Armstead and potentially Chubb we’ve got two players for 4 or 5 years on their rookie deals at very expensive positions.

makes a ton of sense…

Mitchell over Chop is the one glaring issue for me. That one hurt.

Limmer over a safety I've never heard of in McMichael would be the other one.

Cool with all the other picks, amazingly.

With how draft fell...

1.Love Chop but probably would have gone Barton
2.Would have gone Dominik Puni I think
3.Probably would have gone Jaden Hicks
4.Kamara one of my favorite players so fine
5.Washington one of my favorite players so fine
6.Probably Jaheim Bell
7.Eh... my next favorite player was a UDFA TE

That being said, still content with most of what we did

The more I look at their reps

It was between Desean and Chop as bpa

So very happy with chop

But...

How far down?

...and for what return?

Since we don't know the answers to those questions or, indeed, if he was even being truthful about the offers.
They’ll never tell us. I would imagine at least one would’ve been near the end of round 1.

Who knows?

I really like Chop. I just do not understand the Wright pick. Even if he turns out to be good I don't understand it. The last position on the entire team to stockpile talent. I would've preferred Rosengarten to Paul as he seems like a better system fit.
They even traded up to get Wright. The kid seems like a great addition to our backfield. He's lightning quick and 210 lbs, an excellent blocker and receiver in addition to being a standout runner. He might end up helping us in short yardage situations.

Back
Top Bottom