Chiefs and Bills wanted obj | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chiefs and Bills wanted obj

What does a player being in their prime have to do with OBJ? His prime is long gone. He's been on the downward slope for several years. Idk why Miami would want to add a problem like him to this team; don't they have enough problems already?
What problem has he been the last few years?

He left the Giants years ago.

What does a player being in their prime have to do with OBJ? His prime is long gone. He's been on the downward slope for several years. Idk why Miami would want to add a problem like him to this team; don't they have enough problems already?

Try reading what I wrote again.

You went left when you should have read the post and went right!

Did he sign with us due to money, opportunity, Super Bowl chance?
Taxes, South Beach, Dumped Kim Kardashian immediatly, so the Miami ladies probably weigh in here too.

The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

Appearing on Saturday's episode of SportsCenter, ESPN's Jeremy Fowler said the Kansas City Chiefs and Buffalo Bills were "in the mix" for Beckham before he picked the Dolphins:

"Odell Beckham is betting big on Mike McDaniel unlocking him. He wants to produce, and he still wants to be a prime target. He feels like the Dolphins can help him get there. Now, they had an upside package of a little over $8 million, so they came to a sweet spot there in the negotiation. There were some other teams in the mix. I was told Kansas City was appealing to Odell Beckham, Buffalo as well. But in the end, he believes this offense can still help him prove something. This is a player who put up less than 600 yards last year in Baltimore; probably didn't go the way he wanted. So, he's going to go be the third option, of course, behind Jaylen Waddle and Tyreek Hill, but he feels like there's enough footballs to go around."

This is the second or third time I've seen it hinted at OBJ being "unlocked." He feels there are enough footballs to go around? Okay...BUT...if Beckham gets over 1000 yards, something has gone off the rails with Hill or Waddle. There simply aren't enough touches and yards to go around otherwise.

Tua led the league in passing last year; Miami had about 4700 yards total in passing. About 2800 of that went to Hill and Waddle. If you combine the yards of all the #3 WR options for Miami last year, they add up to about 800 yards. Cedrick Wilson led the way with 296 yards. I'm just not convinced that without Hill and/or Waddle missing a bunch of games, OBJ will have considerably better stats than he did last year. As the #3 in Baltimore, he was only on the field for 50% of the snaps. He should get more here; Cedric Wilson was on the field for considerably more snaps as the #3.

HOWEVER:

When Hill or Waddle were out last year, there simply wasn't good depth behind them. Wilson on the boundary with Berrios in the slot wasn't scaring anybody. OBJ is a considerably better option than Cedrick Wilson at #3. I could see him eating up most of the #3 yards and filling in for a game or two if/when Hill and Waddle get banged up. 700-800 yards isn't unreasonable, but I think that's about the ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom