Motorsports | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Motorsports

yeah, they have them available for the rental market. Pittsburgh Full throttle has them. They are pretty heavy due to battery. They have awesome take off speed but don’t handle through the turns very well. You’re talking 500 lbs compared to my gas racing kart at 375. Hard to get the inside rear to lift in corners when the kart is so heavy.

Going to be a similar issue with electric dirt bike. Back in the day my KDX200 weighed 225 lbs which allowed me to throw it anywhere I wanted on the trails. The extra weight of a battery is going to make the dirt bike more like an Enduro bike KLR600. Also hills are a killer for electric bikes and I’m sure would also be an issue on electric dirt bikes. Good luck though.
I’m too old for hills. Just hoping to be cruising sand trails in northern Michigan.

I’m too old for hills. Just hoping to be cruising sand trails in northern Michigan.

You might just look for an electric bike. They make some nice ones that will go thru sand and off road. I have been looking at them for a pit bike to use at tracks. A lot less expensive than the electric dirt bikes they have out. You are talking 1-3K instead of 10K. I"ll probably just get a jetson for pit bike for around $500. Don't need the off-road capability.

After going on 3 mile walk with my dog yesterday I decided to spend a bit more and get electric bike that would serve as pit bike and also help me exercise my new ridgeback puppy. Jetson was good for pit bike only. This one is around $1000 and is supposed to work well in off terrain conditions and should work for both.

8D97437D-5E40-4017-9938-0AD845A03B0C.jpeg

After going on 3 mile walk with my dog yesterday I decided to spend a bit more and get electric bike that would serve as pit bike and also help me exercise my new ridgeback puppy. Jetson was good for pit bike only. This one is around $1000 and is supposed to work well in off terrain conditions and should work for both.

View attachment 131802
I’ll probably get something similar. I’ll be getting two. I need one that folds. We pull a Gladiator behind a motor home so space is limited. Two e-bikes and two kayaks will take the entire bed and I’d still like to squeeze in a dirt bike.

I’ll probably get something similar. I’ll be getting two. I need one that folds. We pull a Gladiator behind a motor home so space is limited. Two e-bikes and two kayaks will take the entire bed and I’d still like to squeeze in a dirt bike.

This one folds up. Should fit in the back of my Jeep. I'll let you know how it works when it arrives.

@Birdmond

So far the only issue with Lectric 3.0 is the seat isn’t very comfortable. I added a seat pad this afternoon. It should help. Other than that the bike is awesome. Took it on mountain bike trails today and I only had to stop to portage a few streams that were too deep to cross. The trails were still a bit muddy but the bike made it through without issues. After 4 mile ride it still had 1/2 charge and I was using the electric motor most of the time. I was impressed. My dog’s tongue was hanging out so I guess it did the job.

Still a month away from our first race of the season at New Castle. Today we are going over to Full Throttle (indoor karting facility) to celebrate one of our backyard friend's birthday. We should have about 10 of our friends there. Good break to the winter.

C11AE265-4F10-4507-8799-820DCBB51707.jpeg

My brother Dan ended up with the fastest time. It was good to get behind the wheel for the first time in 4 months.

Finally made it back on the track this past Sunday after long winter.

Ripping it with a new Super Stock 206 motor. The engine turns 7000-8000 rpms as opposed to our stock 206's being limited at 6050 rpm.
60 mph into turn 1 compared to about 54 in the stock engine. What a blast!

gridpic.jpgout front.jpgPodiumclose.jpg

Qualified on the pole at the MCC ProAm this past weekend. My kart was really fast. Made a small mistake in pre final and lost a couple positions. Finished 2nd in the final making pass at the white flag. It was a fun ride. Without the mistake I had a chance at the win. Maybe next time.

48046EA0-0EB6-40BC-9C4F-0E148627468B.jpeg

Latest addition to Karting fleet. 2021 Birel RY30. Has 4 races on it almost like new. It is a 2 cycle chassis designed to take higher speeds than the Birels we are currently racing. It has special Super Stock 206 engine my brother built that is more like 13 hp compared to the 8.5 we race in 206 class. Can’t wait to try it when weather here warms.

2F851309-BC76-4682-B387-6BA265AB1131.jpeg

Sold my first Birel over the weekend to young man getting into Karting with his son. It was a great kart for us. I raced it 2 seasons and then we used it for arrive and race customers last year.

We put somewhere around 55 races on it while we had it. It won races at AMP, Motorsports Country Club of Cincinnati and at New Castle. It won $600 in prize money and also a set of Hoosier tires. One of the best purchases I ever made. Sad to see her go but it will help this young man get fast.

Anyone catch the Nascar event at Chicago today? That Kiwi that won - Shane VanGisbergan - 1st attempt in a NASCAR by the way, is our 3 time V8 Supercar champion, Bathurst winner, NZ Grand Prix winner, podium finisher in his first attempt at a World Rally Championship event in NZ, Drift champion. Has some talent and just wins. 2025 I expect he will be in the States full time doing the Xfinity series or the main game.

Back
Top Bottom