Rank The Dolphins' Weapons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank The Dolphins' Weapons

Where do the Dolphins' Weapons rank in the league?

• 1-5

Votes: 147 94.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 21-32

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Top 5 easy.

The discussion is whether we are the best.

Which I think we are.

What’s our comp for the top spot ?

San Fran?

Philly would think they are in the conversation as well.

Wouldn't trade units with either of them though.

The money spent on RB's would be my tie breaker here.

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins
Hill, Waddle, OBJ, Mostert, Achane, Wright, Smith

2. Niners
Aiyuk, Deebo, Pearsall, Jennings, CMC, Mitchell, Kittle

3. Lions
St. Brown, Williams (one of my biggest breakout candidates for 2024), Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta

4. Eagles
Brown, Smith, DVP (lol), Barkley, Gainwell, Goedert

5. Texans
Collins, Diggs, Dell, Mixon, Pierce, Schultz

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins

2. Niners

3. Lions
St. Brown, Williams, Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta

4. Eagles

5. Texans

Thank you for that. Honestly, It is a tough question for me. I wouldn't know where the Dolphins rank when it comes to this because I don't follow the other teams much. Considering our draft and then adding Smith and OBJ, I am hoping we are in the top 5, but time will tell.

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins

2. Niners

3. Lions
St. Brown, Williams (one of my biggest breakout candidates for 2024), Gibbs, Montgomery, LaPorta

4. Eagles

5. Texans
This feels about right to me

Also the Vikings!

Justin Jefferson
Jordan Addison
(Not sure on other wr’s)
TJ Hockenson
Josh Jacobs

Pretty solid

top 5 easily. Could make argument for #1.

which is why Tua needs to step up his game more and be more consistent.

no doubt top 5......how much higher than 5 will depend on the OL
IMO, it's impossible to rank Miami's offensive weapons... at this time. On paper, they have the talent to easily be top 5, and maybe #1. However, getting championship production out of their championship talent is the problem, due to 3 main reasons.

1. The o-line is a question mark... again. It's incredible how in recent history, this team has o-line issues EVERY SINGLE year, whether it's starters, depth, or both. You'd think that the GM and HC would realize the importance of the o-line to the offense, but they don't seem to care too much. Grier is unable to build a decent line through the draft, and McDaniel just accepts this and has Tua get rid of the ball quickly.

2. Prior to the concussions, Tua occasionally scrambled behind a poor o-line and made some plays. Last season, either he was playing scared, or McDaniel told him not to run. Also, there were too many instances where Tua threw to a covered Hill instead of finding an open receiver. And again, we don't know who to blame for this. Did Tua not see the open receivers, did he feel rushed because of the o-line, or did McDaniel want Hill to get his 2K yards?

3. McDaniel needs to hire an experienced, successful playcaller to either take over playcalling duties, or to tutor McDaniel as his playcalling, adjustments (or lack of), and in-game management can be questionable at times.

IMO, Miami has the offensive weapons to be the #1 Offense, but they need a good, strong o-line, better and more effective playcalling, and Tua needs to step up his game. Actually, Tua is the key here, because in all honesty, I don't believe for a second that Grier will magically pull an above average o-line out of his butt, or that McDaniel will improve enough over the off-season so that he'll finally figure out how to counter when defenses take away what he's doing, and how to call more effective plays. Going for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG in a close game, refusing to pound the ball on 3rd or 4th and short or even throwing it behind the LOS when everyone can see that the receiver will be tackled immediately, and running the entire passing game through Hill (and occasionally Waddle) are not examples of strategic playcalls. The line is going to be below average and the playcalling is going to be a problem at times, so Tua needs to start playing like Mahomes and Allen.

In order, I’d rank:

1. Dolphins

2. Niners

3. Lions

4. Eagles

5. Texans
I think this is pretty spot on.

One observation watching a lot of 49ers games, I think Deebo and Kittle played slower late in the season. Maybe that was partly injuries, but it's also possible that they are slowing down?

One other comment. Aren't quarterbacks weapons? That could change rankings quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom