The Dolphins WR Room Will Be What? Who Stays, Who Goes? The Smurfs Of The 2020's? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Dolphins WR Room Will Be What? Who Stays, Who Goes? The Smurfs Of The 2020's?

Agreed

dont get the fascination with Cracraft
Personally speaking, I don’t get the fascination with Ezukanma. He suffered a neck injury in college that probably won’t get better and could get worse. He played well in the second half of a few preseason games which means basically nothing. He has 1 catch for 3 yards as a pro.

He COULD bring something different to the WR room if he stays healthy. I’m just not sure why people expect that to happen at this point.

Personally speaking, I don’t get the fascination with Ezukanma. He suffered a neck injury in college that probably won’t get better and could get worse. He played well in the second half of a few preseason games which means basically nothing. He has 1 catch for 3 yards as a pro.

He COULD bring something different to the WR room if he stays healthy. I’m just not sure why people expect that to happen at this point.
Yeah I’m not banking on it either really

If EZ is healthy and plays as well as he did in training camp last year, I believe he makes the final 53. If he isn’t healthy or he doesn’t doesn’t show improvement after 3 years in the McDaniel offense, he’s gone.

Otherwise 1) Hill
2) Waddle
3) OBJ
4) Berrios
5) Cracraft
6) M Washington

While Washington had a good career in college, I still need to see him in the NFL. There always seems to be a late round player that posters jump on and claim he was the steal of the draft and will come in and contribute immediately.

That’s what was stated about EZ, Lynn Bowden, and Malcolm Perry in recent years. While Malik Washington may end up being better than any of these WR draft picks. Until he proves it on the field, I can’t list him above any of the top 5 veteran WR’s now on the roster.

I do hope Malik ends up being as good as some posters believe he will be. Because I expect Hill to only be in Miami 2 more years and OBJ is likely one and done because of his age. So hopefully Washington will be a long term solution to play with Waddle over the next several years once Hill is no longer a Dolphin.
it is interesting, if EZ does not make the roster, which seems to be the case now, we will have nobody of size. lots of small and quick/fast. they wanted size last year,which is why they added claypool. my guess is they thought it especially may help in the red zone, or just a little variety of options and types is good. now they seem to have gone in the opposite direction. obj not big, nor are the two draft picks, nor is anyone besides EZ. they may have just come to the conclusion small and quick is what works best for tua

Some tough camp battles ahead. Injuries may factor large in who makes the final roster. I like all these but not sure what OBJ brings at this stage of his career. Seems like a low volume guy which might be enough.

This should be good for 2 months of speculation.

Cracrafty gone.
Is Conner Tanner still around?
No more Chosen I guess.
Braxton better hope none of the new kids can return punts.

If EZ is healthy and plays as well as he did in training camp last year, I believe he makes the final 53. If he isn’t healthy or he doesn’t doesn’t show improvement after 3 years in the McDaniel offense, he’s gone.

Otherwise 1) Hill
2) Waddle
3) OBJ
4) Berrios
5) Cracraft
6) M Washington

While Washington had a good career in college, I still need to see him in the NFL. There always seems to be a late round player that posters jump on and claim he was the steal of the draft and will come in and contribute immediately.

That’s what was stated about EZ, Lynn Bowden, and Malcolm Perry in recent years. While Malik Washington may end up being better than any of these WR draft picks. Until he proves it on the field, I can’t list him above any of the top 5 veteran WR’s now on the roster.

I do hope Malik ends up being as good as some posters believe he will be. Because I expect Hill to only be in Miami 2 more years and OBJ is likely one and done because of his age. So hopefully Washington will be a long term solution to play with Waddle over the next several years once Hill is no longer a Dolphin.

Lol at Malcolm Perry, nobody ever said that. Lynn Bowden was a 3rd round pick. EZ was a 4th round pick who has as many seasons on IR as he does catches. Expecting him to contribute is fools gold. He's had his opportunity, couldn't contribute, couldn't compete with the likes of Craycraft, Berrios, Sanders, Sheffield, Chosen nor Claypool.

All of those receivers far out-produced EZ. He should go to practice squad, nobody is going to poatch a guy who just had neck surgery and put them on their 53 for 3 weeks!

Malik was on top 100 boards routinely throughout the draft process, hence so many view him as a steal in the 6th round.

However, I do see your point about this happening every year to someone who unexpectedly falls in the draft. It's valid to not expect fireworks from him, especially considering our drafted rookies the previous 2 years have had minimal impact.

Seeing Steve Smith Jr Light up and effuse praise about him during that interview, even when he didn't get the ball on rooutes,,and how well he ran routes, how qb friendly he was and his toughness, certainly gives many hope.

SS Jr is one of the best WR you'd want on your team, a junk yard dawg, played bigger and faster than he was...so his praise and recognition carries weight with me irt Malik Washington.

Most teams keep 6.

Stay-

Locks: Tyreek, Waddle
Highly Probable: OBJ, Malik Washington (#6 pick), Berrios
Probable: Tahj Washington (#7 pick)

Gone / Practice Squad:

Cracraft, Eazy E

But guesswork, probably T Washington, Cracraft, Eazy E all compete for that last spot. It may be Cracraft wins out because of his contract, and they think it is easier to get T Washington and E through to the practice squad?

I could call OBJ a lock, but the guaranteed portion of his contract is small enough that it is theoretically possible for them to let him go if he doesn't look good. Berrios is at some risk too, I guess he could move into the probable bucket.

Late edit. Assuming EZ does not make the team, we will not have any receivers of size, and our TE's are not particularly tall either. We had some size last year. Ced Wilson, and then they added Claypool as well. Gesicki (TE) the prior year. Their thinking may have been some variety is good, and the height also helps in the red zone. This year, our entire receiver room looks like it will end up being of the small and quick variety. OBJ and the two draft picks also fit that mold. My guess is they have come to the determination that these types of receivers match up best with Tua's skill set, and they are willing to give up on the taller receivers and what they bring to the table in the red zone?

Thoughts?
If Tahj can learn the offense quickly and show value as a KR/PR guy I think he can take Berrios' spot

Lol at Malcolm Perry, nobody ever said that. Lynn Bowden was a 3rd round pick. EZ was a 4th round pick who has as many seasons on IR as he does catches. Expecting him to contribute is fools gold. He's had his opportunity, couldn't contribute, couldn't compete with the likes of Craycraft, Berrios, Sanders, Sheffield, Chosen nor Claypool.

All of those receivers far out-produced EZ. He should go to practice squad, nobody is going to poatch a guy who just had neck surgery and put them on their 53 for 3 weeks!

Malik was on top 100 boards routinely throughout the draft process, hence so many view him as a steal in the 6th round.

However, I do see your point about this happening every year to someone who unexpectedly falls in the draft. It's valid to not expect fireworks from him, especially considering our drafted rookies the previous 2 years have had minimal impact.

Seeing Steve Smith Jr Light up and effuse praise about him during that interview, even when he didn't get the ball on rooutes,,and how well he ran routes, how qb friendly he was and his toughness, certainly gives many hope.

SS Jr is one of the best WR you'd want on your team, a junk yard dawg, played bigger and faster than he was...so his praise and recognition carries weight with me irt Malik Washington.
Hey my man looks like we're on the same page. I gotta check out the Steve Smith interview but I've said before his size, attitude and film give me some SSJr vibes. Love it and if he becomes 75-85% of the receiver SSJr was we got ourselves a steal and then some!

Hill, Waddle, OBJ, MWash, Twash, Ezuk

Ezuk if healthy gives the offense a dimension they currently don't have. Neither Washington would make it to our practice squad without being poached.

Berrios has shown me absolutely nothing worth bringing him back for. I mean, he's pretty decent at fair catching, but that's about it. He can eat a dick.

I like Cracraft but if he has to go, he has to go. He reminds me of a poor man's Mack Hollins when he was a Dolphin. He always seemed to make a big play, but he rarely made any of the little ones.

I forgot he was at northwestern first. Dudes never had a solid QB. Can't wait to see what he does in this offense

Hill, Waddle, OBJ, M. Washington, Berrios, Cracraft.

Ezukanma has a chronic neck injury and simply can’t be relied on. He has been healthy for 3 games in 2 seasons and has 1 catch for 3 yards. He goes to the PS or gets cut.

T. Washington is an interesting prospect who could make the 53 man roster as a gunner or returner. I think there is a decent chance he will be picked up if we try to stash him on the PS. He has good hands, good athleticism and is a quality ST player; teams need guys like him to fill out the bottom of their roster.
EZ was healthy his entire rookie season. He couldn't get on the field due to not knowing his assignments well enough.

Back
Top Bottom