Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Which new player will have the biggest impact on the team this coming season?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know it's early but was wondering which player you guys think will have the biggest impact on the team. I'm sure many people will say OBJ cause he's a veteran with good numbers in the past but I think we have several guys that will get a chance to make a big impact on the team for different reasons.

Chop Robinson could have an impact because we might be missing our top two pass rushers early on so he'd get a big chance to contribute.

Brewer- how good or bad our OL playes this year will go a long way as to how our team does and Brewer will be our starting center. He'll handle the ball on every down. If he has a good season and stays healthy then he could make a big impact.

Malik Washington- While people assume that OBJ is our #3 WR, Washington can make plays and OBJ has injury history so Malik could get a bigger chance than people think.

Wright-all of our RB's were hurt at some point last year and Wright is another potential playmaker

Fuller- We need a CB opposite side of Ramsey so Fuller could make a big difference on our defense

Poyer-Again, we need a safety to step up next to Holland and Poyer is a veteran that could help our secondary

Anybody else? We have several DT's and at least one or two of them will need to step up. Also, our new TE Smith should get some chances to help

At this point, the one I'm hoping will make the biggest impact is Brewer.......if he turns out to be a good center than our OL could be steady enough for our offense to reach it's potential

While I don’t expect him to be a starter to begin the season. I hope Paul is able to come in and be a competent LT when Armstead eventually misses games with another injury or two.

I think Poyer will likely have the biggest impact of the new players because I think it is going to take the rookies some time in the league before they hopefully learn to play at a high level.

I know it's early but was wondering which player you guys think will have the biggest impact on the team. I'm sure many people will say OBJ cause he's a veteran with good numbers in the past but I think we have several guys that will get a chance to make a big impact on the team for different reasons.

Chop Robinson could have an impact because we might be missing our top two pass rushers early on so he'd get a big chance to contribute.

Brewer- how good or bad our OL playes this year will go a long way as to how our team does and Brewer will be our starting center. He'll handle the ball on every down. If he has a good season and stays healthy then he could make a big impact.

Malik Washington- While people assume that OBJ is our #3 WR, Washington can make plays and OBJ has injury history so Malik could get a bigger chance than people think.

Wright-all of our RB's were hurt at some point last year and Wright is another potential playmaker

Fuller- We need a CB opposite side of Ramsey so Fuller could make a big difference on our defense

Poyer-Again, we need a safety to step up next to Holland and Poyer is a veteran that could help our secondary

Anybody else? We have several DT's and at least one or two of them will need to step up. Also, our new TE Smith should get some chances to help

At this point, the one I'm hoping will make the biggest impact is Brewer.......if he turns out to be a good center than our OL could be steady enough for our offense to reach it's potential
while i am hopeful brewer will be good, connor williams was very good, so it is challenging for me to see brewer as a relative upgrade. brewer can be both a good signing and a good player, but less good or no better than what we had. it is challenging for me to believe brewer will be better than williams because brewers pass blocking has not been very good, and pass blocking is a real issue the way this offense runs. i hate to have to force tua to get the ball out so quickly every play.

so having said all of that, can i nominate a coach? call this the "hope" department. anthony weaver. if he turns out to be an upgrade, that means the defense in its entirety is better than it was last year. i would call that a heck of an upgrade. basically an 11 player upgrade. i do not think fangio sucked or that he mailed it in or anything of that ilk. i have no idea how weaver will turn out. all i know is if weaver turns out to be really good, that is about the best upgrade we can hope for, because a really good coordinator effects alot of players. frankly it even helps the offense too. football is a complementary game.

Wright - Has the talent and skill that marry well with what McDaniel does on offense. His potential to outperform his draft status is through the roof. Injuries hurt Miami at just about every postion on offense. If Wright stays healthy he's got a serious opportunity to have the same type of impact Achane had before his injury, sidelined him. Another way Wright can impact the game, is with his blocking ability.

On D I would think Chop could be the one with the most impact, specially if our starters are going to be out for a while. On O I’m thinking Wright, specially if our coach is serious about using a 3 RB’s plays from time to time.

while i am hopeful brewer will be good, connor williams was very good, so it is challenging for me to see brewer as a relative upgrade. brewer can be both a good signing and a good player, but less good or no better than what we had. it is challenging for me to believe brewer will be better than williams because brewers pass blocking has not been very good, and pass blocking is a real issue the way this offense runs. i hate to have to force tua to get the ball out so quickly every play.

so having said all of that, can i nominate a coach? call this the "hope" department. anthony weaver. if he turns out to be an upgrade, that means the defense in its entirety is better than it was last year. i would call that a heck of an upgrade. basically an 11 player upgrade. i do not think fangio sucked or that he mailed it in or anything of that ilk. i have no idea how weaver will turn out. all i know is if weaver turns out to be really good, that is about the best upgrade we can hope for, because a really good coordinator effects alot of players. frankly it even helps the offense too. football is a complementary game.
Nothing beats long, sustained drives, followed by the other team 3 and out. My biggest hope is Weaver as well.

Back
Top Bottom