Who’s your top 5 most improved Dolphins for 2024 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who’s your top 5 most improved Dolphins for 2024

His competition is Fortson
Yes I know.

Both undrafted

Julian Hill stats
Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 2.48.21 PM.png

Jody Fortson stats
GP. GS REC. Yrds. AVG LG. TD
Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 2.47.00 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-05-12 at 2.53.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-05-12 at 2.53.18 PM.png

Hill less experience, TD's, stats, and costs less to cut. Although both are very inexperienced.

Why would Julian Hill have a better shot than someone they guaranteed money to? I really don't care which one makes it but I would think Fortson has the upper hand right now. Let's see who earns it but in no way do I think Hill is a lock to make the team.

Love to see the growth in players based on their talent level and their work ethic, those two things combined allow players to reach their full potential. So based on those two things and the 2nd year in our offensive system I’ll list mine

5) Jalen Ramsey: finally in a system that will allow the obvious, something old dumb fart Fangio didn’t realize. We will now see one of thee most talented all around football players and his talent be exploited on a football field. We were promised this by our new coach .

4) Robert Jones, I know he’s been working very hard this off-season losing weight and serious strength training so maybe it’s enough to hold off the mighty Driscoll. ( never watched the guy)

3) Devon Achane, hi level talent meets bigger stronger faster training, all with humility, I like to bet on those traits to improve.

2) Jalen Waddle, keep seeing this kid working with everyone and their mom, and working solo. The talent and speed are hi level, he’s working very hard all the time, this is the year he gives Hill a run as top producer.

1) Austin Jackson, First off lest we forgot how physically talented this man is, not sure I’ve seen a transformation this extreme, he’s got to be about 310 lbs of pure apex specimen. I see him becoming an elite right tackle this year and making Grier proud he took him when we did.
I like your 5 but for me it would be the following:

5) Jalen Waddle, keep working on catching ball away from body when feasible. I have followed him from the time he arrived at Bama and he has always had heart the fire to get better.
4) Robert Jones, has been working hard and I'm rooting for him to finally take that step forward and show more than flashes.
3) TUA, targets/focuses each year on weaknesses/things to help advance his game. I think one thing that would make a huge difference is getting the ball to other playmakers not named Hill. It would take this Offense to another level and also open more big plays for Hill.
2) Jevon Holland, I would love for him to become more physical and a better tackler. If he improves that part of his game, it would help the D be more versatile.
1) Mcdaniel, opening the play book, getting the TE, RB and other WRs involved not named Hill.

Honorable mention: Cam Smith

I like your 5 but for me it would be the following:

5) Jalen Waddle, keep working on catching ball away from body when feasible. I have followed him from the time he arrived at Bama and he has always had heart the fire to get better.
4) Robert Jones, has been working hard and I'm rooting for him to finally take that step forward and show more than flashes.
3) TUA, targets/focuses each year on weaknesses/things to help advance his game. I think one thing that would make a huge difference is getting the ball to other playmakers not named Hill. It would take this Offense to another level and also open more big plays for Hill.
2) Jevon Holland, I would love for him to become more physical and a better tackler. If he improves that part of his game, it would help the D be more versatile.
1) Mcdaniel, opening the play book, getting the TE, RB and other WRs involved not named Hill.

Honorable mention: Cam Smith
Nice choices, especially McDaniel. I think he takes a step forward.

Yes I know.

Both undrafted

Julian Hill stats
View attachment 170479

Jody Fortson stats
GP. GS REC. Yrds. AVG LG. TD
View attachment 170480
View attachment 170481View attachment 170482

Hill less experience, TD's, stats, and costs less to cut. Although both are very inexperienced.

Why would Julian Hill have a better shot than someone they guaranteed money to? I really don't care which one makes it but I would think Fortson has the upper hand right now. Let's see who earns it but in no way do I think Hill is a lock to make the team.
Why? no stats for 2023. Hill showed promise especially his blocking.

1. Armstead remains healthily for at least the first 8 games to allow Paul some time to get game ready.
2. Eich grows to be a solid 6th man at multiple positions.
3. Wynn regains his form and remains healthy.
4. Robert Jones makes that leap many are hoping.
5. Our collection of D-lineman are stout and don't get run over.

Tua and the skill positions will produce, but not if Tua is running for his life. Our DB's and defense can dominate the passing game, if we don't have to have 2 safeties in the box.

Here are a few I think we all hope step up for the long-term viability of the franchise:

#1 - Liam Eichenberg

It always seems like we end the year saying, "now we can finally get around to cutting Liam Eichenberg" only to end up somehow relying on him for major snaps the next year. If this is going to continue being the case--and it certainly seems like Grier wants Eichenberg to find a spot somewhere--we really need Eichenberg to be a 17-game starter who's actually bringing value and playing well. He's never been good and so if we're not bringing in serious competition he needs to find himself.

#2 - Tua Tagovailoa

I don't think the '22 and '23 versions of this Tua Tagovailoa offense give us enough to get where we want to get. We are not a SB-caliber team at all with this current offense. We don't threaten Buffalo or KC and probably have to go big on offense to win a shootout to beat Baltimore (which does not bode well given that Baltimore is now good). This system is weird. The output is very up/down based on who's playing (on both sides). If that's the case, it's not the answer. We need Tua to play elite ball. If we give him big money and he's nothing more than a system QB we're idiots.

#3 - Chop Robinson

Say all your want now that 1,000 Youtubers have put up hype videos about how Miami drafted perfectly but no one was saying that on draft night. This is a #1 pick with serious questions. He didn't have many sacks in college and worse, he didn't have many actual tackles. Both are concerns for a small guy who relies on speed and who may struggle to set the edge, especially considering he's going to have to pitch in early as a rookie. This was a weird R1 pick. Grier went out on a limb to grab the best Edge he could. I get that. The options weren't great. But we avoided other needs (like replacing Eichenberg) to go and get this guy. We need this pick to be a contributor and not a bust.

#4 - Jevon Holland

At this point, I think Holland is over-rated at least among Dolphins fans. No one outside Miami really even knows who he is. And this guy was a highly-touted R2 pick. We thought he'd be great but the last 2 years things have really cooled off with Holland looking pretty average.

At his age, he needs to be a factor. He's coming into his prime. We want a safety who sets the tone and is a leader in the secondary. Poyer is not a threat. He'll be gone after 1 year most likely. The Safety room should belong to Jevon Holland. He needs to stand out as our #1 back there or else we need to be ready to move on if the price isn't right.

#5 - Cam Smith

If this pick turns out to be a bust, it'll hurt us a lot in the long run because Kendall Fuller isn't a long-term answer. He'll be here for 2 years at most. If Smith is a bust, then we're very likely going to be forced to spend a R1 pick at boundary CB as early as next year. It's never good when a past bust forces your hand in the draft.

Consider that ALL of these players were picked highly with an average selection of #31 overall!

#5 - Tua
#21 - Chop
#36 - Holland
#42 - Eichenberg
#51 - Cam Smith

Last edited:
Campbell should be fighting for the last spot on practice squad if he's lucky. He's poor in coverage, takes terrible angles, is very slow, and has not been a stand out on specials...he's very limited and needs to be upgraded.

When he replaced an injured Elliott in Titans game with 5 minutes to go up 15 we had a total collapse in the secondary. What was the difference? Campbell. He sucks.

I'm eager to see big improvements from Kohou, Smith, Tua, Waddle and hoping someone from IOL.

Eich was terrible at center, and wasn't good at guard either, although he looked better there. He's so stiff and inflexible, and lacks power to anchor. Jones atleast can anchor, but he's slower than Eich, there's little burst off the snap, but he was an udfa, so he's performing better than should be expected.

I'm hoping Driscoll comes in and wins the RG spot, he's been coached well his first 4 years and has had starts, I believe 27, at both RT and RG for a good Eagles team.

Back
Top Bottom