2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

I wouldn’t have been disappointed with a G in that spot. Or Corley.

But my guess is that the Dolphins saw the value of a T as more substantial than the G position at 55. And a T they liked was there.
I understand your reasoning. Yet they have liked players in the draft the past two years and yet the only draftee from the past two drafts which has been a solid player has been Achane. .

The rest of the 2022 and 2023 picks have barely seen the field since they were drafted. I was hoping for two starters who could come in and play immediately with their first 2 picks. I just don’t think either of their picks so far will play much in 2024.

Robinson might be forced to play more simply because Phillips and Chubb are returning from injury but once they do return, Robinson will likely just be a backup.

This is key. Duke Manyweather is as respected as any private OL coach, and they've really built up an OL community at OL Masterminds. There's a lot of meat on that bone, and he seems to be doing what's necessary to get it.

There aren’t many who dig harder for info than Hussam. Good stuff.

What makes you think he can’t play guard if needed? Basically any tackle can slide inside. Even Jake Long played some guard after he left Miami.
He is too big. He would be out leveraged inside. Risking back injury. If anything Jackson would kick in. IMO

1. Bengals winning the draft so far: Mims, Jenkins, Burton.
2. Rams: Verse, Fiske. Two picks, two homeruns.

Cards are having a good draft on volume, 6 picks so far highlighted by Marvin Harrison and Max Melton.

Worst draft:
Patriots: Drake Maye, Ja'Lynn Polk, Caedan Wallace. Three picks, 0 points.
Rams get Corum too after they nailed Kyren Williams last year. Gonna have a stacked RB room

Can we trade some future picks to get back in this draft?

I'd love to pick up a WR or the TE from Texas….(even though I think Johnou & the TE we picked up from KC both look solid).
Based on their picks so far. I would have no problem if they traded the rest of their picks this year and all their picks next years for veterans who can come in and start immediately.

Unfortunately their cap situation doesn’t allow for them to do that.

I’m okay with the TE’s they have now. I would rather find a #3 WR and an offensive lineman who can come in an play immediately.

I think they will use the Howard money to fill both those positions in the next two months.
Yeah I wouldnt count on finding any players who can help us immediately on day 3. We will probably be looking for developmental projects.

Based on their picks so far. I would have no problem if they traded the rest of their picks this year and all their picks next years for veterans who can come in and start immediately.

Unfortunately their cap situation doesn’t allow for them to do that.
The thing is that we already have all our starters. You see how our two top picks will be backups? It’s been a long time since we could say that. There’s wasn’t anyone that we could’ve picked that would be a starter for us

Back
Top Bottom