2024 prediction | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 prediction

Right now, the Defense is a big question mark. We dont know what scheme the new DC is going to run and how the players we have fit. I think there will be a steep drop off in run defense with the absence of Wilkins and Chubb. Regardless, it will take the players a while to learn the system and make it work. It MAY be functional by mid-season.

On offense it all comes down to the offensive line. We were a different team with Williams out, and even worse when Hunt went down. Maybe Brewer is the answer, but until I see it, Im viewing it as another patchwork mess. Even if we sign FAs at this point, we are signing guys that 31 other teams didnt want on their own porous olines, not a lot of faith we will get that fixed any time soon.

Our offense is all smoke and mirrors. Early in the year we had great success. Teams werent prepared for the shock and awe attack. Now, however, they have the playbook. If a team like the Titans could shut us down late in the year (like everyone else in the last month and a half of the year) you better bet the rest of the NFL will follow suit this season. Flood the secondary with defenders and let your 3 man front abuse Miami's weak oline. They will get to Tua in 2 seconds without blitzing. There is only so much of that he can take before he gets overwhelmed.

It is going to be a long season.

Sadly, this assessment is sound and I must defer.

Start of 8-3/9-2 then end up 11-6. End up a wild card

10-7. Probably a slow start, decent late October and November, struggle again in late December. Maybe another wildcard. Hey, three playoff appearances in a row ain’t bad!

10-7. Probably a slow start, decent late October and November, struggle again in late December. Maybe another wildcard. Hey, three playoff appearances in a row ain’t bad!
Your wrong

11-12 wins and winning the AFC East.

One thing is for sure, Miami will be competitive in almost every game, score a lot of points, be fun to watch, and be in the playoff picture. I’m grateful for that. It’s been a while since we could say that about the Dolphins every year.

11-12 wins and winning the AFC East.

One thing is for sure, Miami will be competitive in almost every game, score a lot of points, be fun to watch, and be in the playoff picture. I’m grateful for that. It’s been a while since we could say that about the Dolphins every year.
This is our year

Right now, the Defense is a big question mark. We dont know what scheme the new DC is going to run and how the players we have fit. I think there will be a steep drop off in run defense with the absence of Wilkins and Chubb. Regardless, it will take the players a while to learn the system and make it work. It MAY be functional by mid-season.

On offense it all comes down to the offensive line. We were a different team with Williams out, and even worse when Hunt went down. Maybe Brewer is the answer, but until I see it, Im viewing it as another patchwork mess. Even if we sign FAs at this point, we are signing guys that 31 other teams didnt want on their own porous olines, not a lot of faith we will get that fixed any time soon.

Our offense is all smoke and mirrors. Early in the year we had great success. Teams werent prepared for the shock and awe attack. Now, however, they have the playbook. If a team like the Titans could shut us down late in the year (like everyone else in the last month and a half of the year) you better bet the rest of the NFL will follow suit this season. Flood the secondary with defenders and let your 3 man front abuse Miami's weak oline. They will get to Tua in 2 seconds without blitzing. There is only so much of that he can take before he gets overwhelmed.

It is going to be a long season.

I could not conceivably disagree more.

The interesting thing about coaches, and I've said this before, is that they develop just like young players. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes. I certainly do NOT agree that the offense was smoke and mirrors. I believe that it was crippled by injuries. More on this in a second.

ON OFFENSE:

One of the difficulties that Miami had last year was OL depth. As has been said repeatedly, let's please all hope that Eichenberg never, ever starts at center again. And here's the thing that really gets me on OL from last year to this year:

They only really lost Robert Hunt.

That's it. And yes, it was a big loss to the OL, but he's a GUARD. They re-signed Wynn, Cotton, Jones and Lamm, and added Driscoll and Brewer, then Patrick Paul in the draft...plus a few UDFA who I won't pretend to know much about. But the OL is considerably deeper than last year. That's before any potential adds at the end of June.

You can talk to me all day about Brewer being a worse pass protector than Williams (And yes, he is considerably so)...but go ahead and play 8 men in the secondary. Because you know what Brewer does really ******* well? He run blocks VERY WELL in a perfect scheme for Miami. So go ahead and play 8 deep, and give up 5-6 yards a clip.

Here's the best part about the OL: They haven't actually lost Connor Williams yet. He's still a FA. And I really, really hope his knee shows progress and he signs with Miami.

Now remember that WR bit from before? The "crippled by injuries" bit? They added depth at WR, too. In 2023, the Dolphins depth beyond the #2 receiver was Cedric Wilson and Braxton Berrios.

In 2024, it's Odell Beckham Jr, Malik Washington, Braxton Berrios, Tahj Washington, River Cracraft, Erik Ezukanma, Skippy The Wonder Horse...it's gonna be difficult to make this WR room this year. No more "We just have to jam an injured Hill and Waddle for 2 seconds" defense any more.

And then there's Jonnu Smith. But that's a conversation for another day.

ON DEFENSE:

This conversation actually makes me angry.

I was as big a proponent of Vic Fangio coming in to the 2023 season as anyone, but allow me to sum up the majority of the Dolphin fanbase’s reaction to Fangio’s departure in two words: “Oh darn.” If you take out the Jets game (and you should, because it was started by Trevon Siemian), the Dolphins gave up an average of 423 yards per game over the last six weeks. One of those last six games was started by Will Levis, and another was played in the coldest conditions in the history of the league.

These are not ideal results from an “elite” defensive coordinator. Additionally, there were rumblings of friction with players and coaches, and that the only reason Fangio wasn’t already in Philly was because of tampering issues with Jonathan Gannon. In the end, Fangio apparently wanted to be closer to home, and is now with the Eagles.

Vic, I lived in the Philly area for a long time. I understand an affinity for the area, and some of the best food on the planet is in that locale. But if you wanted more out of your defensive players, maybe give them the common courtesy of stepping down out of your ******* GLASS CASTLE SKYBOX and interact them with on game day, you old curmudgeonly dick.

I hope you enjoy your panzerottis, ***hole.

Anyway. More to the point, I firmly believe that Weaver will implement a 3-3-5 defense and rotate DL like crazy. I think Sieler gets a ton of snaps, and the rest will be rotated toward their strengths as the season goes on. Yes, I agree that there will be a learning curve.

BUT.

I also believe that Weaver's defense allows tremendous blitzing opportunities, and that is one of the reasons I wanted Chop Robinson from the get-go. And I think it'll get nastier and nastier as the year goes on.

Finally, I believe there are at least two more signings left for Miami.

I know everyone wants Risner. And I agree.

I know everyone wants Justin Simmons. And I agree.

I also want Jamal Adams if he can be signed really cheap.

The interesting thing about coaches, and I've said this before, is that they develop just like young players. Hopefully, they learn from their mistakes. I certainly do NOT agree that the offense was smoke and mirrors. I believe that it was crippled by injuries. More on this in a second.

ON OFFENSE:

One of the difficulties that Miami had last year was OL depth. As has been said repeatedly, let's please all hope that Eichenberg never, ever starts at center again. And here's the thing that really gets me on OL from last year to this year:

That's it. And yes, it was a big loss to the OL, but he's a GUARD. They re-signed Wynn, Cotton, Jones and Lamm, and added Driscoll and Brewer, then Patrick Paul in the draft...plus a few UDFA who I won't pretend to know much about. But the OL is considerably deeper than last year. That's before any potential adds at the end of June.

You can talk to me all day about Brewer being a worse pass protector than Williams (And yes, he is considerably so)...but go ahead and play 8 men in the secondary. Because you know what Brewer does really ******* well? He run blocks VERY WELL in a perfect scheme for Miami. So go ahead and play 8 deep, and give up 5-6 yards a clip.

Here's the best part about the OL: They haven't actually lost Connor Williams yet. He's still a FA. And I really, really hope his knee shows progress and he signs with Miami.

Now remember that WR bit from before? The "crippled by injuries" bit? They added depth at WR, too. In 2023, the Dolphins depth beyond the #2 receiver was Cedric Wilson and Braxton Berrios.

In 2024, it's Odell Beckham Jr, Malik Washington, Braxton Berrios, Tahj Washington, River Cracraft, Erik Ezukanma, Skippy The Wonder Horse...it's gonna be difficult to make this WR room this year. No more "We just have to jam an injured Hill and Waddle for 2 seconds" defense any more.

ON DEFENSE:

I was as big a proponent of Vic Fangio coming in to the 2023 season as anyone, but allow me to sum up the majority of the Dolphin fanbase’s reaction to Fangio’s departure in two words: “Oh darn.” If you take out the Jets game (and you should, because it was started by Trevon Siemian), the Dolphins gave up an average of 423 yards per game over the last six weeks. One of those last six games was started by Will Levis, and another was played in the coldest conditions in the history of the league.

These are not ideal results from an “elite” defensive coordinator. Additionally, there were rumblings of friction with players and coaches, and that the only reason Fangio wasn’t already in Philly was because of tampering issues with Jonathan Gannon. In the end, Fangio apparently wanted to be closer to home, and is now with the Eagles.

Vic, I lived in the Philly area for a long time. I understand an affinity for the area, and some of the best food on the planet is in that locale. But if you wanted more out of your defensive players, maybe give them the common courtesy of stepping down out of your ******* GLASS CASTLE SKYBOX and interact them with on game day, you old curmudgeonly dick.

Anyway. More to the point, I firmly believe that Weaver will implement a 3-3-5 defense and rotate DL like crazy. I think Sieler gets a ton of snaps, and the rest will be rotated toward their strengths as the season goes on. Yes, I agree that there will be a learning curve.

BUT.

I also believe that Weaver's defense allows tremendous blitzing opportunities, and that is one of the reasons I wanted Chop Robinson from the get-go. And I think it'll get nastier and nastier as the year goes on.

Next time don't Cherry coat it haha

ON OFFENSE:

ON DEFENSE:

BUT.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I just dont understand how you can be so adamant that this team will be good when you are basing it on so many unknowns.

Unknowns on the oline, outside of Hill and Waddle we have unknowns at WR, our DC is a complete unknown because he hasnt even been a DC before. And on, and on...

Look, Im not saying there is no way these guys dont **** rainbows and everything works out, but I cant understand how you guys are all so ****ing high on this team with so many unknowns.

I know we had a decent team last year, but it had holes. Until I see proof that these changes are improvements I am going to assume that they are not.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I just dont understand how you can be so adamant that this team will be good when you are basing it on so many unknowns.

Unknowns on the oline, outside of Hill and Waddle we have unknowns at WR, our DC is a complete unknown because he hasnt even been a DC before. And on, and on...

Look, Im not saying there is no way these guys dont **** rainbows and everything works out, but I cant understand how you guys are all so ****ing high on this team with so many unknowns.

I know we had a decent team last year, but it had holes. Until I see proof that these changes are improvements I am going to assume that they are not.
So let's observe then:
Assuming = Ass ( you + me)
Thus them assuming you know what assuming is means
Them assuming = you assuming ( assuming)
Ass you them + ass me them = (ass you 2 + ass you me) (ass you + ass me)
Ass you them + ass me them = ass you ^ 3 + 2 ass you ^ 2 me + ass you me ^ 2
Them = (ass you ^ 3 + 2 ass you ^ 2 me + ass you me ^ 2) / ( ass you + ass me)
So by them assuming your assumption of assuming it actually makes them a you cubed ass two ass you squared me ass you me squared by a you ass me ass.
Just remember that the next time someone brings it up. Not that I presume though.

So let's observe then:
Assuming = Ass ( you + me)
Thus them assuming you know what assuming is means
Them assuming = you assuming ( assuming)
Ass you them + ass me them = (ass you 2 + ass you me) (ass you + ass me)
Ass you them + ass me them = ass you ^ 3 + 2 ass you ^ 2 me + ass you me ^ 2
Them = (ass you ^ 3 + 2 ass you ^ 2 me + ass you me ^ 2) / ( ass you + ass me)
So by them assuming your assumption of assuming it actually makes them a you cubed ass two ass you squared me ass you me squared by a you ass me ass.
Just remember that the next time someone brings it up.
Let me guess, you code for a living? Lol

Back
Top Bottom