Bubble Players Who Could Surprise | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bubble Players Who Could Surprise

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Every year in the NFL there are surprises. Undrafted free agents, who go onto have success etc. Here's a list of a few "bubble players" that might surprise for our Miami Dolphins.

Chris Brooks, RB 6-1 223
Brooks flashed last year in limited time and offers Miami a bigger back. He likely competes with Jeff Wilson and Salvon Ahmed for a final spot at running back.

Tanner Conner, TE/WR 6-3, 232
You just know Mike McDaniel wants to find a tight end who can run in that 4.4 range. If he can't find a TE, then he can maybe manufacture one in a bigger wide receiver. That was likely the idea behind Conner, but he has to be considered a long-shot at this time.

Erik Ezukanma, WR 6-2, 206
Injuries have derailed the career for this former 4th round pick, but I think he actually has a pretty good shot at the 5th or 6th receiver role. His size is definitely in his favor, towering over the "smurf" wide receivers on the roster.

Jody Fortson, TE 6-4, 226
Like Conner, a converted wide receiver, who figures as a long shot.

Cameron Goode, LB 6-3, 245
The battle to make the roster at linebacker should be nothing short of fierce. Could Goode be on the outside looking in?

Ryan Hayes, OT 6-7 305
A late round pick for Miami a year ago, Hayes could factor in as a swing tackle and perhaps even compete at guard. His movement skills could fit this scheme as a guard.

Chasen Hines, OG 6-3, 320
Most likely a long-shot at guard.

Brandon Pili, DT 6-3, 319
Grier signed a lot of DT's making this an area for some competition.

Brayon Sanders, WR 6-1, 190
Needs a fantastic camp to have a shot. Maybe a PS option?

Anthony Schwartz, WR 6-0, 186
A burner, with 4.3 speed, Schwartz seems like another PS option. Special teams and kick return duties could give him a chance.

Channing Tindall, LB 6-2, 236
The linebacker room has gotten a whole lot better and Tindall hasn't shown much. Seems like his last chance for the light to go on. Perhaps Weaver can help bring that out.

A few UDFA's
Mark Perry S
Hayden Rucci TE
Grayson Murphy Edge
Matthew Jones, OG
Storm Duck, CB
Bayron Matos, OT
Andrew Meyer, C/OG

Of this group, I think following the money Perry and Duck have the best chance. Jones and Meyer could surprise as Miami's interior line doesn't look great on paper. I think Rucci is interesting as he is a good blocker at TE.

Last edited:
I think Brooks is the front runner for the 4th rb spot going into training camp., ahead of Wilson and Ahmed.
I think they might be able to get a late round pick for Wilson, he could help a team and may have trouble seeing the field here. Gonna be some tough decisions at the skill positions for sure.

I think Brooks will eventually unseat both Wilson and Ahmed at RB. It appears McDaniel is making over the RB postion with younger more dynamic and physical players. Both Wilson and Ahmed will save Miami between $2m-$3m in cap if released.

Tindall doesn't have a chance. It's a shame, because, he was every fans favorite when he was selected in the third round.

I'm not sure where Pili fits in. Thought he was going to become a steady rotational player. Hopefully he ceases the opportunity infront of him.

Cam Goode has a chance, but with Miami bringing in 3 Edge players along with Barrett I think his days might be numbered, especially if he doesn't return to health. I love the kid. But he's fighting an uphill battle.

My Darkhorse is Ryan Hayes. He's shown he can be versatile, playing both LT and LG. I actually believe he's going to win the starting LG position. He's got that Big 10 pedigree and movement skills to succeed at the pro level, albeit at OG.

As for the UDFA class, Perry looks like the real deal. I think he makes the team. Storm Duck, could be moved to safety?

I think Brooks is the front runner for the 4th rb spot going into training camp., ahead of Wilson and Ahmed.

This. I like the idea of rolling with Mostert, Achane, Wright, and Brooks and seeing if we can get a late day 3 pick for Wilson around cuts. McD obviously loves Wilson though so that has to be taken into account.

I think Mark Perry has a real shot at making the roster. Holland and Poyer are locked in. We probably add 1 more vet. Campbell is well liked and can contribute in multiple roles including ST, but we did bring in Neal for ST. Final spot may come down to Campbell, McMorris, and Perry.

My Darkhorse is Ryan Hayes. He's shown he can be versatile, playing both LT and LG. I actually believe he's going to win the starting LG position. He's got that Big 10 pedigree and movement skills to succeed at the pro level, albeit at OG.
I agree đź’Ż on Hayes. I think he filled in very well when he was on the field.

Back
Top Bottom