Chop | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Chop

I didn’t know the grammar police (1) was here.

(2) Sorry bro I’m from the south.
That’s how we talk.
1) Spk Engrish!
2) He's from the south, Bless His Heart. - LOL

I now live in the south now and have for over thirty years.

I wanted to learn to speak "Southern", but it was clear that would have had to lose 30 IQ points to be able to accomplish "speaking southern". I chose to continue speaking English and settled for just understanding "Southern".

Don't get me wrong, I like the south and many of the people I have met are a lot smarter than they look! (LOL)

Besides, this is where I become involved in target shooting, both rifle and pistol, and for that I will be forever grateful.

Last edited:
1) Spk Engrish!
2) He's from the south, Bless His Heart. - LOL

I now live in the south now and have for over thirty years.

I wanted to learn to speak "Southern", but it was clear that would have had to lose 30 IQ points to be able to accomplish "speaking southern". I chose to continue speaking English and settled for just understanding "Southern".

Don't get me wrong, I like the south and many of the people I have met are a lot smarter than they look! (LOL)

Besides, this is where I become involved in target shooting, both rifle and pistol, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Easy with the IQ remarks. I’m all for ribbing and funny cracks but let’s not go too far.

Bro again… for every Freeney/Dumervil… they’re another 1000 you’ve never heard of.

You can’t assume this dude is going to turn into an all pro caliber player like the guys you named.
For every tall Edge you think are great there are another 1000 you've never heard of.
You cannot assume just because an Edge defender is 6'5 he is automatically going to be better than one who is 6'3

Some of y’all could sale ice to an Eskimo. Some like the pick and some don’t. I hate the pick and that’s my right.

If I’m wrong then so be it… it won’t be the first time or the last. When we’re sitting here 2/3 years from now and dude has done nothing but consistently get hammered and pancaked by NFL OL then we’ll refer back to this thread.

Robinson is Vic Beasley made over. Beasley had one good year where he led the league in sack an like 2/3 years he was out the league completely. I know Vic very well bc as most of you know I’m a huge Clemson fan.

You don’t pick tweeners with 1st round picks and you especially don’t when theirs a guy that can play G or C and that’s a huge need for us. Barton would have been plug and play for 10 years. Instead we get this guy who has one thing… speed.

Nobody can consistently beat NFL OL with pure speed and know 2nd move or counter move. NFL OL will crush him over and over.

I’ve seen some here say Micah Parsons is the comp. Lol that’s a joke. This dude isn’t anywhere near that level and even if he did become that… the secret is out on Parsons. He struggles against the run and he disappears for huge stretches. What has Parsons done against any opponent that matters? Absolutely nothing and he’s been a no show in the playoffs. Dude is as overrated as it gets but bc he has a star on his helmet he gets the pub.

This dude will bust and he won’t be sticking around for a 2nd contract.

Another wasted pick by a GM who has no business making decisions like this. You can swing for the fences when your roster is KC/Philly/SF/Baltimore. You can afford to take chances with those rosters.

We don’t have that luxury. We needed immediate help now. Instead we get a guy who’s a rotational pass rusher at best but bc of injuries will have to be thrown in there right away and he will get crushed.
Who would have you picked instead?

Wonder if big @Mach2 likes this Micah clone pick?
He does not......

I could see that this year's draft was going to be, shall we say, uninspiring no matter what we did.

Ppl like to throw names around and rationalize taking their favorites to create their individual preferred vision of what the team should be. But the reality is that there were some good prospects but few clear "difference makers" and they would be long gine by #21.

I remember the Tennessee debacle, nightmare, **** show. The defense at the end of it was on fumes.

Add me a Chop to the rotation and hopefully we don't see a repeat of that season ending loss. It was the defining moment of the year.

Our new D coordinator knows the value of fresh legs in the 4th it appears. We shall see.

*Little inside tidbit on Chop*
Was with my client Ken Smithmier yesterday,
Feel free to look him up. Simplest way I can explain him is he does player pysch work for a bunch of major colleges and some pro’s. He said “when Chop left Maryland they were extremely upset to lose him. He did his evals and he said “he is a GREAT kid and State coaches all think he has potential to be a great player needs time though still raw in a lot of areas”

Back
Top Bottom