Rank The Dolphins' Weapons | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Rank The Dolphins' Weapons

Where do the Dolphins' Weapons rank in the league?

• 1-5

Votes: 147 94.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 21-32

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
IMO, it's impossible to rank Miami's offensive weapons... at this time. On paper, they have the talent to easily be top 5, and maybe #1. However, getting championship production out of their championship talent is the problem, due to 3 main reasons.

1. The o-line is a question mark... again. It's incredible how in recent history, this team has o-line issues EVERY SINGLE year, whether it's starters, depth, or both. You'd think that the GM and HC would realize the importance of the o-line to the offense, but they don't seem to care too much. Grier is unable to build a decent line through the draft, and McDaniel just accepts this and has Tua get rid of the ball quickly.

2. Prior to the concussions, Tua occasionally scrambled behind a poor o-line and made some plays. Last season, either he was playing scared, or McDaniel told him not to run. Also, there were too many instances where Tua threw to a covered Hill instead of finding an open receiver. And again, we don't know who to blame for this. Did Tua not see the open receivers, did he feel rushed because of the o-line, or did McDaniel want Hill to get his 2K yards?

3. McDaniel needs to hire an experienced, successful playcaller to either take over playcalling duties, or to tutor McDaniel as his playcalling, adjustments (or lack of), and in-game management can be questionable at times.

IMO, Miami has the offensive weapons to be the #1 Offense, but they need a good, strong o-line, better and more effective playcalling, and Tua needs to step up his game. Actually, Tua is the key here, because in all honesty, I don't believe for a second that Grier will magically pull an above average o-line out of his butt, or that McDaniel will improve enough over the off-season so that he'll finally figure out how to counter when defenses take away what he's doing, and how to call more effective plays. Going for it on 4th down instead of taking the FG in a close game, refusing to pound the ball on 3rd or 4th and short or even throwing it behind the LOS when everyone can see that the receiver will be tackled immediately, and running the entire passing game through Hill (and occasionally Waddle) are not examples of strategic playcalls. The line is going to be below average and the playcalling is going to be a problem at times, so Tua needs to start playing like Mahomes and Allen.

I agree with you but we are talking about skill position players on offense AKA WEAPONS. Not talking about the offense as a whole which includes the O line, just purely on the weapons. And no doubt Hill, Waddle, OBJ, jonnu smith, Mostert, Achane Is a crazy stupid amount of weaponry on offense. Yes it depends on the O line but just based solely on weapons were are definitely top 5 and could be #1.

But our offense as a whole including the O line is definitely a question mark right now. The weapons are there just need the o line to be competent

I agree with you but we are talking about skill position players on offense AKA WEAPONS. Not talking about the offense as a whole which includes the O line, just purely on the weapons. And no doubt Hill, Waddle, OBJ, jonnu smith, Mostert, Achane Is a crazy stupid amount of weaponry on offense. Yes it depends on the O line but just based solely on weapons were are definitely top 5 and could be #1.

But our offense as a whole including the O line is definitely a question mark right now. The weapons are there just need the o line to be competent
We really haven't addressed the offensive line 🐻

We really haven't addressed the offensive line 🐻
What did you want to do?

We signed a FA starting Center, a FA RG that will push for a starting spot. We resigned Lamm as TA insurance, and we drafted a RT in rd 2.

You may not like the way it was done, but to say we didn't address it seems incorrect.

At the moment, we have more guys than we can roster.

What did you want to do?

We signed a FA starting Center, a FA RG that will push for a starting spot. We resigned Lamm as TA insurance, and we drafted a RT in rd 2.

You may not like the way it was done, but to say we didn't address it seems incorrect.

At the moment, we have more guys than we can roster.
Ok well I mean hopefully they work out

I’d go:
1. Dolphins
2. Lions
3. 49ers

I don’t believe Deebo or Ayuik are top 10 wrs and I’m not big on Purdy .Lions are loaded and Laporta is already the best te in the league. I would put Eagles 4th but Hurts can’t pass and Barkley is always hurt. Texans 5th but I need to see it again from Stroud to be sold.
Dolphins have the best Wr unit and somehow are rb room is even better. Tua is also the best qb of the 5 teams mentioned. But take it with a grain of salt because the other 4 teams have better lines currently.

Waddle, Hill, J Smith ( reported recently he posted the two fastest tight end times in football last year) Mostert, Achane, Wright, Odell.

Tell you what we’re # 1 in without question.

Speed racer team, fastest in the game

We’ll see how far it gets us with this Oline

Feels like the options should've been more top heavy... It was flat out obvious 95%+ would be in the top 5 category... Voting on where they fit in the top 5 would've been better, in which case, the obvious answer would've been #1.

Posters are leaving out Smith at TE and yet he has the skillset to be extremely valuable at the TE position. His addition to the other skilled players on offense clearly makes the Dolphins a top 5 offense at the skill positions.

It will all come down to how the offensive line is able to block in the running and passing game before we will be able to determine how effective those great skill players will be next season.

This is the highest "positivity" post I've ever seen!
You have convinced me, so I will change my vote from 6 to 10, to 1 to 5.
I wouldn't want to be less positive than you guys. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom