2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

I just read that Kirk Cousins said he didn’t get a heads up that Atlanta was taking Penix. Really, no ****? You blabbed about them tampering with you and you think they’re going to tell you their draft plans about your replacement.

I think that was an excellent move by the Falcons. Penix can sling it and he’ll be able to learn the position naturally.
I don’t know if Penix will be good or bad, but I always laugh when people criticize a team for overdrafting a QB. If you’re right about a QB, literally nothing else matters. If Penix ends up being an All Pro, nobody on Earth will ever care that he was drafted too high or that Kirk Cousins was there when they took him.

I was hoping we’d take Mitchell, Thomas or Barton at 21 and draft Marshawn Kneeland at 55. I have a suspicion we are going to take another guy we don’t need immediately at 55. Tyler Nubin strikes me as the guy we take if he’s there.
I think we will still try to trade down.

Then again, with all the players we added prior to this draft, we really don't need to worry as much about who will be available or even getting more picks.

This year's training camp is going to be a lot more important than many posters here realize!

I don’t know if Penix will be good or bad, but I always laugh when people criticize a team for overdrafting a QB. If you’re right about a QB, literally nothing else matters. If Penix ends up being an All Pro, nobody on Earth will ever care that he was drafted too high or that Kirk Cousins was there when they took him.

I mean the injuries are a concern but that kid has legit talent. Hard to imagine a better situation for him than Atlanta.

My hope for #55

1) Jaden Hicks - Safety
2) Brenden Rice - WR
3) Maason Smith - DT/DE

Both Smith and Hicks are appearently heavily on Miami's radar. Miami had Dline coach Austin Clark work out Smith, privately. And Hicks is a Baltimore type physical DB.

Back
Top Bottom