Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

i dont understand the notion of using bad deals to justify what tua should get paid. could also easily reply to that point and say "what a huge mistake that turned out to be for the giants." i think there are certain good arguments for giving tua the bag, but this aint one of em. my 2 cents
You're thinking logically, which I would agree with. But that's not how the "NFL Market" works in the real world.

The precedent has been set, whether we like it, or agree with it, or not.

Whether an employee is a plumber, a teacher, a construction worker or a QB... no one wants to work for less than the prevailing wage.

Tua's representatives are going to ask for Burrow money... and they'll likely get it.

If we get him for Kyler Murray money, then Tua left money on the table.

Have you ever noticed how many of the 'Tua sucks' posters only post in the Tua threads?

Other than that, they are invisible.

I always wonder... grumpy and depressed... or just a Jets/Buffalo fan in disguise.
Perhaps we deserve the failure then. Fans rallying behind Grier. Rallying behind Tua. In the end we all go down with the ship so hopefully these same people touting a Tua extension will be there when things are going bad again after he receives it

i dont understand the notion of using bad deals to justify what tua should get paid. could also easily reply to that point and say "what a huge mistake that turned out to be for the giants." i think there are certain good arguments for giving tua the bag, but this aint one of em. my 2 cents
That’s not how markets work. Prices are signals that, in this case, speak to a scarcity of talent at the position, which in turn drives up the cost.

Perhaps we deserve the failure then. Fans rallying behind Grier. Rallying behind Tua. In the end we all go down with the ship so hopefully these same people touting a Tua extension will be there when things are going bad again.
I will be here regardless of the outcome.

Question, what is your alternative solution? Let him play out his contract and hope to resign him if he wins a Superbowl next year.

Could be my sorry old eyes and questionable long term memory, but this topic does seem to lend itself to summoning the naysayers who are quick to criticize but offer no viable alternatives.

What's your plan if you were GM?

Perhaps we deserve the failure then. Fans rallying behind Grier. Rallying behind Tua. In the end we all go down with the ship so hopefully these same people touting a Tua extension will be there when things are going bad again after he receives it
Then jump the hell off the ship while you can. You will be missed unless , of course , our aim improves

Last edited:
I will be here regardless of the outcome.

Question, what is your alternative solution? Let him play out his contract and hope to resign him if he wins a Superbowl next year.

Could be my sorry old eyes and questionable long term memory, but this topic does seem to lend itself to summoning the naysayers who are quick to criticize but offer no viable alternatives.

What's your plan if you were GM?
Tank for the next QB. Griers legacy is tied to Tua’s success however so no surprise he will receiving the extension

Tank for the next QB. Griers legacy is tied to Tua’s success however so no surprise he will receiving the extension
Well that's a cool option. We better get rid of Hill, Ramsey, Waddle and others quick quick so we can collect 4 first rounders next year in the hopes of getting a Stroudt and not that guy in Carolina.

I’ve been a Tua fan and believe he will sign a $50M / yr extension.

Grier appears to have a walk away price for positions. He gave Wilkins his best offer last offseason. Once he played on the 5th year option, the question this offseason was whether to franchise Wilkins or let him hit FA.

What is your QB “walk away” price for Tua, and deal with a franchise tag next offseason?

QB salaries in 2024
1. Burrow $55M
2. Herbert $52.5M
3. Lamar $52M
4. Hurts $51M
5. Russell Wilson $48.5M

Back
Top Bottom