0 Compensatory Picks for Phins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

0 Compensatory Picks for Phins

VaPhinatic

Active Roster
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting some bad news for Dolphins fans: No compensatory picks for the Dolphins, even with the loss of nickel corner Nate Jones to the Broncos (more than offset by the Karlos Dansby signing).
But the Patriots, of all teams, just picked up THREE more third-rounders and a sixth-rounder as compensation for free-agent losses. That gives them SEVEN picks in the first three rounds. Yes, no worse than SEVEN of the top 102 players taken (depending on where those comp picks are slotted).

ESPN is reporting some bad news for Dolphins fans: No compensatory picks for the Dolphins, even with the loss of nickel corner Nate Jones to the Broncos (more than offset by the Karlos Dansby signing).
But the Patriots, of all teams, just picked up THREE more third-rounders and a sixth-rounder as compensation for free-agent losses. That gives them SEVEN picks in the first three rounds. Yes, no worse than SEVEN of the top 102 players taken (depending on where those comp picks are slotted).

Just so you know, these picks are based on the free agent losses and additions from LAST off-season. Nate Jones and Karlos Dansby do not count.

The players were Renaldo Hill and Andre Goodman vs. the signings of Jake Grove and Joe Berger.

WHo did the Pats loose?
They have a lot of rookies on that team

Just so you know, these picks are based on the free agent losses and additions from LAST off-season. Nate Jones and Karlos Dansby do not count.

The players were Renaldo Hill and Andre Goodman vs. the signings of Jake Grove and Joe Berger.

Well that makes sense excpet that Berger was a IR bench warmer the year before where Hill and Good man are starters.

The Pats got one 6th rounder & three 7th rounders. They did not get three 3rd rounders.

The Pats are also not going to be able to sign all of their draft picks. Expect them to make some big trades with the non-compensatory picks.

Not sure. I got this from Mike Berardino's blog on Sun-Sentinel

Not sure. I got this from Mike Berardino's blog on Sun-Sentinel

You just said it was from ESPN. Now you're saying it was from Mike Berardino. Meanwhile neither of the two reported what you originally posted.

FAIL.

EDIT: My apologies, Mike Berardino fails on this one. You're in the clear.

Yeah we got a 7th rounder. The Pats got a 6th rounder and three 7th rounders.

I think Mike Berardino actually put that the Pats got three 3rd rounders while the Phins got none, and so VaPhinatic is in the clear on that one, but Berardino...yikes, what a mistake on his part.

Back
Top Bottom