#1 Fins mock draft on the internet!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 Fins mock draft on the internet!!!

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
I dont know about some of you guys but im excited about this years offseason because i smell some playmakers coming to south beach!!!

First thing is first... Give our Sack Master a Contract extension!!!

Resign
Paul Solai DT
Tony McDaniels DE
Richie Incognito OG/C

Free Agency
Alex Smith QB- Here me out on this one. It is basically just so we can groom a rookie. He should come cheap and is really the most realistic option out there. McNabb is getting old,Vick and Manning are not going no where, Kolb and Orton have a pricetag, Vince Young (NAH)...

Marcedes Lewis TE- We need to make a huge push on him... He has size and is the pass catching TE that we have been lacking for awhile but will cost.

Harvey Dahl OG- Yes he will have pricetag on him but will be great for our interior line.

All in all that free agency should cost too much... It will be cheaper then last year offseason (HIGHEST PAID WR AND LB) So im pretty sure it is realistic....

Draft

I personally like Gabbert and Newton but they wont be at 15.... There is a rumor that we want to trade down to get a second so in this mock we trade down to late 20s to pick up a second...

1st-Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois-RB is a huge need this offseason and since we traded down Ingram will not be there and it will be down to Leshoure and Williams and I say we go Leshoure.

2nd-Titus Young WR Boise St.-Would be a great reciever next to Marshall,Bess, and Hartline and is the special team player that we have been lacking...(Comparable to D-Jackson :d-day:)

3rd-Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State.- It was a toss up between Devine and Hunter... We need a homerun threat and these guys will help us. I decided to go with Hunter because he is a bit bigger and prob can take a hit a little more than Devine can.

4th-Tim Barnes C Missouri- We are lacking a center and hopefully he can come in and give us a starter at center!!!

5th-Ricky Stanzy QB Iowa- This man makes plays, he has some talent and puts up fair numbers. He is projected to go mid to low in the draft and I say lets take a chance with him and by the way he is training with the same guy that brady trained with coming out of the draft!!!

6th- Mario Butler CB Georgia Tech- Has some size and would be good depth to our young secondary...

7th-Kyle Hix OT/OG Texas- Massive guy and could be used as depth for our line...

7th-Bruce Miller OLB UCF- Good depth for our LB's and knows how to get to the QB...

Tell me what you guys think?

IMO our defense is pretty solid as it is and we had quite a bit of injurys on defense so I think we pretty much go all offense this offseason..

As far as realism goes... At this point no major this is too late for this guy type things going on here. A couple of reaches. A little early 22-29 for Leshour and a running back, but it is a huge need. (the argument of getting RBs late is very valid, but the argument of getting good players is too.) Stanzi may not be there in the fifth because of the purge of average Qbs and a lack of high end talent. TY is a reach in the second but I like his upside. Not bad!

Some great moves there. Like the addition of speed with Titus Young and Kendall Hunter. Also like Stanzi especially if he makes it to the 5th. I've seen too much of Alex Smith here in San Francisco. I don't think he's better than Henne.

I like Alex Smith for one reason. He is a little soft... But if he gets an eff you attitude he can blossom. He has been in bad situations throughout. He is a high reward low risk guy IMHO. Stanzi you may be right... or wrong.

Seriously Smith is a no compensation type guy. Bring him in to fill TT;s role and see what happens. I like accurate guys with brains. He is a Pennington type that has been in bad places. Chad was lucky to have certain things around him. Plus he has better feet, mobility, and arm. Worth a shot in my mind. This comes from a guy who's best friend is a niners fan. He was in a very bad spot in San Fran.

It is just a shot in the dark.

I have seen worse.

Some great moves there. Like the addition of speed with Titus Young and Kendall Hunter. Also like Stanzi especially if he makes it to the 5th. I've seen too much of Alex Smith here in San Francisco. I don't think he's better than Henne.

I dont know if Stanzi will be there in the fifth...

A lot depends on workouts. But I imagine some one will grow a stiffy and jump early.

If we take Titus Young in the 2nd we're retarded. He's good but not 2nd round good. He's small and pretty fast but doesn't have elite speed. He's a 4th maybe 5th round talent IMO. But Leshoure is the best back in the draft I think. Yeah Ingram produced against the SEC and he'll have a good NFL career. But Leshoure has it all. Break away speed, great strength, good balance. The one thing that concerns me is his vision. Sometimes it looks like he has a hard time seeing where his blocking will be.

As far as reaches and saying they wont fall, you guys may be right but i was going from cbs sports...

They said Leshoure is late 1st to early 2nd....

Titus young they said is late 2nd to early 3rd....

Stanzi they said is 6th but i dont believe that and I put him in the 5th...

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

If we take Titus Young in the 2nd we're retarded. He's good but not 2nd round good. He's small and pretty fast but doesn't have elite speed. He's a 4th maybe 5th round talent IMO. But Leshoure is the best back in the draft I think. Yeah Ingram produced against the SEC and he'll have a good NFL career. But Leshoure has it all. Break away speed, great strength, good balance. The one thing that concerns me is his vision. Sometimes it looks like he has a hard time seeing where his blocking will be.

Titus Young is a playmaker with the ball in his hands...

Playmakers? I thought that smell was Paul Solia's swamp ***..

i really like lashoure but hate spending firsts on RBS and pairing him up with kendall hunter (IMO its ray rice 2.0) would be great. Hunter showed that he can catch and block in the senior bowl week and IMO is the most complete back where you dont have to spend a high pick on and can contribute right away. I'd definately take hunter over devine

I like everything you put up except the the first picks.. Give me Pouncey & Hank instead of Leshoure and Young and we have a great nucleus of young talent on O with new Oline depth and a rb and wr to play right now:up:

Oh and also switch out that center in the 4th for TE DJ Williams

Back
Top Bottom